PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Wristbands

CFDJimmy
08-07-2005, 03:23 PM
Does anyone know why almost all of the position players in today's game are wearing yellow wristbands?

:supernana:

shbart
08-07-2005, 03:27 PM
I was wondering the same thing. Watching MLB.Com., players on every team have them on, though it does look optional. I think they also are wearing yellow ribbon pins. Strangely no mention of what it is on th MLB site.

DiGiSyKo
08-07-2005, 03:43 PM
Other message boards say Cancer Awareness Day for MLB.

GregoryEtc
08-07-2005, 03:53 PM
Other message boards say Cancer Awareness Day for MLB.

A whole day dedicated to AJ Pierzynski?

PodzStyleMultiAccount
08-07-2005, 04:23 PM
You won't be making jokes about it if we lose AJ this offseason. We must do whatever it takes to re-sign Pierzynski. A new career high for homeruns. A 70 win team in early August. I know he has to love it here.

ilsox7
08-07-2005, 05:12 PM
You won't be making jokes about it if we lose AJ this offseason. We must do whatever it takes to re-sign Pierzynski. A new career high for homeruns. A 70 win team in early August. I know he has to love it here.

AJ is Sox "property" next year.

munchman33
08-07-2005, 05:34 PM

He isn't a free agent. We own his rights next year.

fquaye149
08-07-2005, 05:39 PM

What the hell was the point of this post?

It wasn't a rip on AJ at all. It was a jab at the people who called him a cancer during the offseason.

Brian26
08-07-2005, 09:05 PM

Teal means "sarcasm". Welcome to WSI.

Whitesox029
08-08-2005, 12:20 AM
Cancer awareness is possible but yellow ribbons also mean "support our troops," and Buddy Bell's nephew was just killed in Iraq.
DISCLAIMER: This is a suggestion. If anyone takes it any further and gets this sent to the roadhouse, I am not responsible.

ChiSoxGirl
08-08-2005, 01:15 AM
From whitesox.com:

Quick Hits: ...Many of the White Sox players and coaches wore yellow wristbands during Sunday's game as part of "The Commissioner's Initiative For Kids." The program is an effort to reach out to children and will work in conjunction with a kids cancer foundation along with the Boys and Girls Clubs of America.

Hope this answers the question. :smile:

Whitesox029
08-08-2005, 01:33 AM
From whitesox.com:

Quick Hits: ...Many of the White Sox players and coaches wore yellow wristbands during Sunday's game as part of "The Commissioner's Initiative For Kids." The program is an effort to reach out to children and will work in conjunction with a kids cancer foundation along with the Boys and Girls Clubs of America.

Hope this answers the question. :smile:
I'm sure Ron Kittle was happy about this news (who knows, maybe he had something to do with it?). I just finished reading his book and he's a real class act.