PDA

View Full Version : "Wacky ChiSox Promotion" on espn.com

rowand33
08-07-2005, 02:41 PM
There's an ESPN insider article called "Wacky ChiSox Promotion" on the MLB homepage of espn.com:

http://mag.espn.go.com/ActiveMagazine/getbook.asp?Path=ESP/2005/08/15&Page=44

does anybody have insider?

I'd love to know what this is about.

RallyBowl
08-07-2005, 02:44 PM
On espn's website today it says this, but it is for insiders only. Can anyone tell me what it is or post a link to it please?

rowand33
08-07-2005, 02:48 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=55679

:D:

RallyBowl
08-07-2005, 02:50 PM
I was posting at the same time you were, my phone rang so I got held up for a moment. Sorry dude.

rowand33
08-07-2005, 02:55 PM
I was posting at the same time you were, my phone rang so I got held up for a moment. Sorry dude.

no sorry needed.

It's not like I was pissed or anything. I apologize if my post was taken that way. I figured the threads would both be merged anyways. I thought it was funny that we both saw that and posted about it at like the same time.

RallyBowl
08-07-2005, 04:15 PM
Hey everyone- we're still waiting!

beckett21
08-07-2005, 04:25 PM
In short, it's an article that appears to be coming out in the next print edition of ESPN the Magazine. Lots of pictures with Sox players dressed up in goofy outfits--has Dye, Iguchi, Uribe and Politte dressed as the Beatles circa Sgt. Pepper era, Hermy dressed as Elvis, etc. Talks about the Sox promotional nights, like dog day etc.

Keep an eye out for the next print edition of the magazine.

Erik The Red
08-07-2005, 05:05 PM
I think that issue is out already.

soxfan43
08-07-2005, 05:06 PM
It's kind of cheesy. The article itself is pretty small for and ESPN feature but there are a bunch of pictures. Great article on the NFL's palmerio, bill romanowski and the guy he beat up in training camp.

MarySwiss
08-07-2005, 05:58 PM
Probably just a lame attempt to lure people into subscribing to the Insider. Whatever that is.

chisoxmike
08-07-2005, 07:30 PM
Ok, I read the article in Borders today, in short....

It's total ESPN BS!

It starts out by saying how can a team that has been losers for 45 years been atop the AL for all season and have the best record in baseball.

It goes on to metion the 1919 Sox, Disco Demoliton, etc.

Then it goes on to talk about the promotions and says the only way for the Sox to bring in fans for the past 45 years is the "wacky" promotions becuase of the teams lack of winning.

Total ESPN garbage. Dont buy it.

FarWestChicago
08-07-2005, 07:33 PM
Total ESPN garbage.:?: Isn't that redundant?

Hondo
08-07-2005, 07:40 PM
Ok, I read the article in Borders today, in short....

It's total ESPN BS!

It starts out by saying how can a team that has been losers for 45 years been atop the AL for all season and have the best record in baseball.

It goes on to metion the 1919 Sox, Disco Demoliton, etc.

Then it goes on to talk about the promotions and says the only way for the Sox to bring in fans for the past 45 years is the "wacky" promotions becuase of the teams lack of winning.

Total ESPN garbage. Dont buy it.

More lazy journalism from the WORLD WIDE LEADER. For more examples of lazy journalism please see "Quite Frankly" where if it isn't about the the NBA, Stephen A. Smith's an idiot, First and 10's Skip Bayless, ATH, and sometimes PTI.
I don't like his shtick but when I have heard Jim Rome he's actually knowledgable about a wide array of sports topics.
Just because they're on TV or Print doesn't mean they know more about sports then you or I.

I want Mags back
08-07-2005, 08:24 PM
I think that issue is out already.

AWESOME SIGN ERIK

Does anyone know who won Silvy and Carmen's Sox promotion Ideas contest. The winner got 2 scout Seats

34rancher
08-07-2005, 09:08 PM
AWESOME SIGN ERIK

Does anyone know who won Silvy and Carmen's Sox promotion Ideas contest. The winner got 2 scout Seats
Don't know who won, but the idea was a "taste of the south side" on the concourses in the Upper deck. They said they had over 6000 entries.

GiveMeSox
08-07-2005, 09:12 PM
In short, it's an article that appears to be coming out in the next print edition of ESPN the Magazine. Lots of pictures with Sox players dressed up in goofy outfits--has Dye, Iguchi, Uribe and Politte dressed as the Beatles circa Sgt. Pepper era, Hermy dressed as Elvis, etc. Talks about the Sox promotional nights, like dog day etc.

Keep an eye out for the next print edition of the magazine.

ESPN 1000 mentioned something about this a week or two ago. I think it was the Silvy and Carmen show. They had an off day at the cell and came in and shot some commercials with costumes.

tromcoe
08-07-2005, 10:56 PM
I just received this magazine. There are three pictures of Dustin Hermanson dressed as Elvis throwing from the mound. In other pictures ARow is having a watergun fight in the outfield concourse with some kids by the shower. And PK is on the infield grass with a bunch of dogs (at least one of them is actually his) If I had a clue how to post I would share them. The DH photo is funny.

LuvSox
08-07-2005, 11:00 PM
The article blows but the pics are pretty cool. Ah, it's another keepsake to throw on the huge chisox pile.

Ron Karkovice
08-08-2005, 01:32 AM
i have a pic of them dressed up as the beatles but i dont know how to post it here