PDA

View Full Version : Scheduling Fear

FoulTerritory
08-06-2005, 09:39 PM
Random observation:

I just noticed that the September 17th game in Minnesota is not a televised game :(: . . . damn, what happens if we clinch that day? That would suck.

Also note, that because it is a Saturday afternoon game, it will be blacked out on MLB.tv and Extra innings as well.

starboy0
08-06-2005, 09:52 PM
Not to add fuel to your anxiety, but in 1983 we clinched on September 17th.

Worst case scenario: We still have Rooney and Farmio!
Probable case if we clinch: Some channel may break away and cover the final inning. They told me this happened in '83. I was at the game so I can't say for sure.

chisoxmike
08-06-2005, 10:05 PM
Well, we've all bitched about this already. It's been the topic of many threads.
I highly doubt that the game is going to get picked up. ESPN...HA! Comcast can't because of the blackout. It would suck if we clinch that day, also becuase I am going to a wedding that day and won't be able to celebrate or see the game. (The wedding are friends of mine who are Cubs fans who have families of Cubs fans. So there will be no Sox love.)

Anyway, the Sox will have to have a 16 game lead to clinch that day.

Damn! The more that I think about it, the more I dont want them to clinch that day. It would suck not to watch the game. It's just not the same on the radio. Sorry John and Ed.

chaerulez
08-07-2005, 07:53 AM
Don't you love the world of stupid television contracts?