PDA

View Full Version : Man, Randy Johnson SUCKS

rowand33
08-06-2005, 06:30 PM
10 hits and 6 runs (5 earned) in 4 innings tonight against the Blue Jays raise his ERA to 4.29 on the season.

Now, his record isn't bad (11-6, before the game ends, right now he's the pitcher of record with the L if the Yanks don't come back).
and there's worse out there than a 4.29 ERA, but this is not the kind of numbers anybody wants from Randy Johnson...

Glad I avoided him like the plague in fantasy league this year :cool:

Remember when we tried to trade Garland and Konerko for the guy?!

BigEdWalsh
08-06-2005, 06:40 PM

Unfortunately I have him on my fantasy team. I obtained him in a pre-season trade. I had drafted both Santana (also a disappointment) and Buehrle, so when the chance came to have Johnson too, I bit at the offer. While he's been OK, I had hoped for much more. He's mostly been on my bench lately unless he gets 2 starts for a week.
I hate him now more than I ever did.

soxwon
08-06-2005, 06:40 PM
ITS A SHAME WE WONT face him this week.

rowand33
08-06-2005, 07:05 PM
Unfortunately I have him on my fantasy team. I obtained him in a pre-season trade. I had drafted both Santana (also a disappointment) and Buehrle, so when the chance came to have Johnson too, I bit at the offer. While he's been OK, I had hoped for much more. He's mostly been on my bench lately unless he gets 2 starts for a week.
I hate him now more than I ever did.

at least you didn't draft Oliver Perez in every league like I did.

Palehose Pete
08-06-2005, 07:27 PM
Yup, Randy indeed does suck this year. Yet every time some tool tries to justify why the Yankees will be in the post-season, they trot out Randy Johnson as a reason. This is 2005 and Randy is not the The Unit of old. It is too bad that we won't face him this week. We would have feasted on his hanging slider.

Oh, and I feel your pain about Oliver Perez. I wasted a draft pick on that guy, too.

fusillirob1983
08-06-2005, 08:05 PM

At least you didn't draft Oliver Perez, Al Leiter, Odalis Perez, Tom Glavine, Curt Schilling, and Jake Westbrook as your starters on the same team.

BigEdWalsh
08-06-2005, 08:35 PM

LOL. It's funny because I wanted him. I was disappointed that I didn't get him.

rowand33
08-06-2005, 08:44 PM
At least you didn't draft Oliver Perez, Al Leiter, Odalis Perez, Tom Glavine, Curt Schilling, and Jake Westbrook as your starters on the same team.

oh, but I came close.

pitchers drafted (in order on one team):

Schmidt, Schilling, Perez, KRod, Vazquez, Shingo, BJ Ryan, AJ Burnett, Brad Penny, Miguel Batista...

a little rough.

It turned out ok though. My team is awesome and I'm in second..
Hitting includes: Lo Duca, D. Lee, Utley, Ensberg, Young, Teixiera, C. Lee, Mags, Vernon Wells, Jose Reyes, Francoeur, Jose Guillen, Beltran

and I fixed up the staff by picking up guys like Zach Duke and Joe Blanton.

Still though, if you could imagine that hitting with my in theory pitching on draft day. A good Schmidt, Schilling, and Oli Perez? that's domination right there.

Tragg
08-06-2005, 09:32 PM
Sure glad we didn't give away our entire farm system to get him.

Chips
08-06-2005, 09:49 PM
I don't think he sucks. Its just that everyone is so used to him being a dominating pitcher and this year he isn't being dominant. He is getting too old to pitch the way he used to. Most likely he will never regain his old stuff, but he is still capable of winning games and striking out hitters.

chaerulez
08-07-2005, 08:51 AM
I don't feel sorry for the guy either, after he whined his way out of Arizona but said the only team he would accept a trade to was the Yankees.

SOXSINCE'70
08-07-2005, 09:07 AM
ITS A SHAME WE WONT face him this week.

If pitching rotations hold out,the Sox may(and I stress MAY)
miss him when the teams meet at Sox Park the weekend of the
8/20-8/22.But as I mentioned in an earlier post,Anakin Skywalker SR.
(better known as George Steinbrenner) won't allow it.

Especially if the Sox walk into "the Stadium" and take 2 out of 3
or,God Forbid,SWEEP THE SERIES!!!:gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

Rooney4Prez56
08-07-2005, 11:03 AM
Him and Maddux are having the same problems. They don't suck, but neither of them are as good as they once were. It's sad watching Maddux falter, but Randy hasn't lost it completely yet. I'll wait a few years and Randy will be .500.

itsnotrequired
08-07-2005, 11:40 AM
Seems like the perfect thread to bring up John Kruk's pre-season prediction that Randy Johnson would win 30 games this year. That's right, he said Johnson would win 30 this year. Doesn't seem likely...:rolleyes:

Paulwny
08-07-2005, 01:57 PM
Age problems (back hurting), may miss next start.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseball/wire/sns-ap-bba-yankees-johnson,0,4041873.story?coll=sns-ap-baseball-headlines

gobears1987
08-07-2005, 02:50 PM

Glad I traded him FOR Garland in my fantasy league in April!!!!