08-06-2005, 03:05 PM
Say it ain't Seo! Sorry, bad pun.

The Dude
08-06-2005, 03:09 PM
:whocares

CubKilla
08-06-2005, 03:14 PM

Oh please. Watching the Mets game is better than watching "Saturday Afternoon at the Movies" on any of a number of channels.

The Dude
08-06-2005, 03:28 PM
Oh please. Watching the Mets game is better than watching "Saturday Afternoon at the Movies" on any of a number of channels.

Yeah I suppose i can agree with that.:cool:

BigEdWalsh
08-06-2005, 03:33 PM

http://tinypic.com/a2vgvc.jpg "We care!!"

Tragg
08-06-2005, 09:04 PM
The Cubs may get passed by the Reds. They are definitely finishing no better than 4th behind the Cards, Astros and Brewers.

I think it was the second inning last night was a beautiful display of the importance of infield defense; or perhaps better stated a beautiful display of how lack of infield defense will kill you. And with Nomar and Walker up the middle, the Cubs have probably the worst in baseball. No way is that level of defense worth the extra batting average. No way would I prefer Nomar and Walker over Uribe and Iguchi.

DrCrawdad
08-06-2005, 10:12 PM
...And with Nomar and Walker up the middle, the Cubs have probably the worst in baseball...

Remember too that the Cubs also have Michael Barrett catching and oftentimes Jerry Hairston in CF. Both Barrett & Hairston are below average in those positions.

Bear in mind though that KW wanted Nomar and then tried to sign Walker...

slavko
08-06-2005, 10:21 PM
Remember too that the Cubs also have Michael Barrett catching and oftentimes Jerry Hairston in CF. Both Barrett & Hairston are below average in those positions.

Bear in mind though that KW wanted Nomar and then tried to sign Walker...

I'm bearing, I'm bearing. It's an old one, but true that sometimes the best trades are the ones you don't make.

If I may say a word on Friday's Embarrassing Cub Loss, on the game's last play, where Rollins made an ill-advised break off third base on a short passed ball and got bailed out by Barrett making an even more badly advised throw to third base, Rollins had the gall to say he was "trying to make something happen," rather than "I made a stupid play and Barrett bailed me out." Give him BS points for that one.

Nellie_Fox
08-07-2005, 01:48 AM
More "cross-dressers" watching Cubs games. I can't imagine why I'd want to watch a Cubs game.

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-07-2005, 01:58 AM
More "cross-dressers" watching Cubs games. I can't imagine why I'd want to watch a Cubs game.

it's baseball

(and also a few on this board are also mets fans)

FarWestChicago
08-07-2005, 02:09 AM
(and also a few on this board are also mets fans)Please, don't insult us. This is just more Flubsessive behavior. :rolleyes:

TornLabrum
08-07-2005, 05:58 AM

I do on occasion to root against them, especially if they're playing a team I like.

C-Dawg
08-07-2005, 07:34 AM
A have a few family members who like the Cubs so occasionally I wind up seeing a little of the games.

TomBradley72
08-07-2005, 09:08 AM
If I'm flipping channels and the Cubs are tied or are losing...I'll stop and watch for a while.....kind of like slowing down as you go by an accident....they are always good for a bonehead play, or just a solid demonstration of baseball without any real passion. Did the same thing with the Mets/Cubs game Saturday...they did not dissappoint.

slavko
08-07-2005, 09:34 AM
If I'm flipping channels and the Cubs are tied or are losing...I'll stop and watch for a while.....kind of like slowing down as you go by an accident....they are always good for a bonehead play, or just a solid demonstration of baseball without any real passion. Did the same thing with the Mets/Cubs game Saturday...they did not dissappoint.

Exactly. A Heartbreaking Cub Loss is great fun, especially if you're watching it with Cub fans. And it is baseball. I miss LaTroy.

Whitesox029
08-08-2005, 01:11 AM
Flubs Embarrass on National TV--the sequel!
I watch Cubs games on occasion (usually not all the way through, and never as intently as a Sox game) but it is baseball, and I do love baseball. It's just a little more fun when you're rooting for someone than against someone.

Stroker Ace
08-08-2005, 01:19 AM
I was at Shea for the finale, and all I can say is that i love seeing the flubs get swept.

SoxSpeed22
08-08-2005, 01:22 AM
Is this weekend the "official" beginning of the end for them? I say official because we all know that the beginning of the end was actually in the offseason.

Nellie_Fox
08-08-2005, 01:25 AM
I'll admit the guilty pleasure of enjoying the Cubs sucking out loud during past seasons. I have used the "Cubs loss is almost as good as a Sox win" argument before. But this year, it's just not necessary. Things are good on the south side (except for Frank; man I'm depressed about that) so I simply don't care about the Cubs.

Kogs35
08-08-2005, 09:05 AM
this weekend is another weekend they can embarres them selfs on national tv. but this weekend its at the urinal

PaulDrake
08-08-2005, 09:08 AM
I really like baseball, and the quality of most shows on TV leaves a lot to be desired IMHO. We have more than a hundred channels, and there are times when I've considered junking Time Warner, I've been so disappointed with the selection. If a game is on, I usually will check it out, at least for a little while. If the cubs are getting shellacked, so much the better. I actually watch the cubs a lot less than usual, I absolutely can't stand their current TV broadcast team. In any case, a Sox game on TV or my computer as radio is always my first choice.

Hangar18
08-08-2005, 09:18 AM
Why werent the Twins & RedSox the featured match-up?
and Why werent the Braves & Cardinals the game of the week?
Why are the Cubs vs Mets the matchup?

Baby Fisk
08-08-2005, 09:54 AM
Please, don't insult us. This is just more Flubsessive behavior. :rolleyes:
I'm a Mets fan too and watched the entire Sunday night game. The fact that they opened up a can of whoop ass on the Flubs was icing on the cake. Come on! Everyone loves the Mets, don't they? :smile:

...don't they? :unsure:

Kogs35
08-08-2005, 10:04 AM

i found this email on the espn media zone diane.lamb@espn.com (diane.lamb@espn.com) . hanger email her and ask why they made the choice of the cubs over the braves and cards.

thepaulbowski
08-08-2005, 10:16 AM

I love baseball & watching baseball. I'll watch any baseball game I can find on TV.

CubKilla
08-08-2005, 10:28 AM

This coming Sunday is Cards/Cubs

CubKilla
08-08-2005, 10:30 AM
Please, don't insult us. This is just more Flubsessive behavior. :rolleyes:

You're right. I'll finally admit that I'm less of a Sox fan than you because I take great joy in watching the Cubs lose.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

TornLabrum
08-08-2005, 10:43 AM

"Hey! Hey! You can throw out the record books when these two teams get together!"--Jack Brickhouse

(Mods: We really do need a Brickhouse icon!)

SoxFan78
08-08-2005, 10:54 AM

It makes sense that a fourth place team is on national TV 4 times in two weeks.

And remember for ESPN's 50 states 50 days on 8/22 they will be covering IL. Do you know what sporting event they will be covering?

Of course the 4th place Cubs vs. the Braves!!!

Kogs35
08-08-2005, 11:42 AM
It makes sense that a fourth place team is on national TV 4 times in two weeks.

And remember for ESPN's 50 states 50 days on 8/22 they will be covering IL. Do you know what sporting event they will be covering?

Of course the 4th place Cubs vs. the Braves!!!

its the only sporting event in town that day.

TDog
08-08-2005, 11:53 AM
And remember for ESPN's 50 states 50 days on 8/22 they will be covering IL. Do you know what sporting event they will be covering? ...

There has to be something better going on in Carbondale.

TornLabrum
08-08-2005, 12:06 PM
There has to be something better going on in Carbondale.

Yeah, but they don't dare show that on television.

slavko
08-08-2005, 01:33 PM
Part of the fun is hearing the pissing and moaning of the announcers (radio preferred).