PDA

View Full Version : when ticketmaster has no more tickets...

DoggPhood
08-05-2005, 03:19 PM
it says they have no more tickets for tonight, although i can buy single tickets.

however, do you think i'll be able to buy tickets from the ticket windows at the cell tonight if i get there early enough?

in the past, i've been able to buy seats in sections that ticketmaster doesn't have at the box office on the night of the game.

i just don't want to drive down there, pay $17 for parking, and find out there are no more seats.

what happened to the days when no one went to games and you could get seats easily? ah, the struggles of a first place team

skottyj242
08-05-2005, 03:22 PM
I just came from the box office (I was picking up my tix for tonight) and they said they have absolutely nothing left except for standing room only. They're 28 bucks and give you access to the 100 level.

DoggPhood
08-05-2005, 03:24 PM
bummer. i just found out i had a friend in town tonight and he's never been to sox park and he wants to go. and obviously i want to go. oh well.

anyone have two extras for tonight?

do you think if i get there at like 6 tonight i'll be able to buy standing room tickets?

Cat Thief
08-05-2005, 03:26 PM
See my post in the Parking lot if you want some upper deckers

downstairs
08-05-2005, 04:20 PM
Someone just posted having 6 extra tickets:

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=55601

cbrownson13
08-05-2005, 04:23 PM
Buying standing room tickets might be well worth it. Standing out on the concourse can provide a great view. If you don't mind standing for the majority of the game.

TomBradley72
08-05-2005, 04:34 PM
Try posting on craigslist for tickets.

I've picked up good tix at face value on pretty short notice.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/

LVSoxFan
08-05-2005, 04:35 PM
Oh, sh**! Standing room only they're selling! Yikes. I hate when the Cell is that crowded. I'll be there, but geez...

Pasqua's Posers
08-05-2005, 05:23 PM
Oh, sh**! Standing room only they're selling! Yikes. I hate when the Cell is that crowded. I'll be there, but geez...

SRO is the way to go. I have not sat in my seat at a Sox game since......

2001-3rd game of the year when David Wells made his home debut for us against the Tigers.

That is a string of nearly 100 games BTW....

The concourse in Right field is where it's at brother...:gulp: :gulp:

LVSoxFan
08-05-2005, 05:58 PM
I always stand with my friends, right behind the chain at Sec. 160, next to the Fundamentals deck.

I have a great seat, too: Sec. 103, row 7.

If you buy an SRO ticket and want to sit down, just ask me, we'll trade.

I'm wearing a black home jersey and shorts. 5'7" brown hair.