PDA

View Full Version : Post Season Tickets.

Mots09
08-05-2005, 02:37 PM
Just got off the phone w/ the Whitesox and the lady I talked to advized me that the announcement of the release date for non seaon tickets holders will be in late Aug.

soxfan43
08-05-2005, 02:48 PM
anyone else planning on camping out?

CHIsoxNation
08-05-2005, 03:03 PM
I'm in!

Cat Thief
08-05-2005, 03:15 PM

We camp out to get Opening Day and Dog Day tickets every year even though we don't have too! It was cold this year!

kevingrt
08-05-2005, 03:26 PM

I'll be camping out if it's a Friday or Saturday. I'm going to college in a week to Missouri University. So I plan to skip Friday classes and head up right after Thursday classes and just sit in the parking lot. Same plan if they make the playoffs and are playing on teh weekend. They just better keep on winning.

UofCSoxFan
08-05-2005, 03:27 PM
Why would we have to camp out? Don't you guys know that there will be playoff tickets available right before the game? We probably won't even sell out unless we make it the World Series and play the Cubs.

mike squires
08-05-2005, 03:49 PM
I remember ordering them over phone in 2000. I waited a long time thinking I was going to not get em, but I finally got through and was able to score two upper reaches of the upper deck in left.

Do you suppose it's easier over phone or on line? I'm afraid I will not be able to wait in line...:whiner:

I'm glad we are even talking about this. It's about time.

Pasqua's Posers
08-05-2005, 03:51 PM

I'm already camped out. There is no way I'm missing out on this experience...

Realist
08-05-2005, 03:56 PM
I'm already camped out. There is no way I'm missing out on this experience...

I'm comin' to the game tonite. Want me to bring you a sammich or anything? :redneck

LVSoxFan
Hey don't laugh: I was able to score Cubs and Red Sox tix the day of. That's one of the beauties of being a Sox fan.

Since we're on the subject, what do us Ozzie plan holders get in terms of access to playoff/WS tix?

Iwritecode
I remember ordering them over phone in 2000. I waited a long time thinking I was going to not get em, but I finally got through and was able to score two upper reaches of the upper deck in left.

Do you suppose it's easier over phone or on line? I'm afraid I will not be able to wait in line...:whiner:

I'm glad we are even talking about this. It's about time.

I like to go on-line while hitting the redial button on my phone. Plus it helps that I have access to 2 cell phones. Hopefully I'll be able to get something this year.

na_na_na_na
08-05-2005, 04:03 PM
Me and several friends will be camping out for these tickets.

Ol' No. 2
08-05-2005, 04:04 PM
In 2000, I did both (trying on-line and camping out). Camping out, if you can do it, is almost a sure thing. Trying on-line or by phone is chancy.

UofCSoxFan
I got 5 sets of bears tickets this year by being online and having 2 buddies of mine on different computers at the same time...all coordinated via conference call....it was a thing of beauty really.

Realist
Does anybody know how many tickets to each playoff game season ticket holders can purchase? I seem to remember that if you have 2 seats you can purchase 6 tickets to each game or something like that.

UofCSoxFan
08-05-2005, 04:18 PM
Does anybody know how many tickets to each playoff game season ticket holders can purchase? I seem to remember that if you have 2 seats you can purchase 6 tickets to each game or something like that.

For all I know you may be right, but that does seem to make sense logistically. I mean if you think that even partial season ticket holders get the ability to buy early this just becomes an incredible amount of tickets. I would think that every season ticket holder would want to buy at least the number of seats they have and probably more just to scalp or give to friends. I mean it seems nuts to me to allow a guy with 4 season tickets to buy 12 seats.

I think most teams allow you to buy your season ticket seats for the playoffs at a 1 to 1 ratio. Partial season ticket holders would probably get next best available with the remaining seats available to the public.

chisoxmike
08-06-2005, 01:16 AM
Hey don't laugh: I was able to score Cubs and Red Sox tix the day of. That's one of the beauties of being a Sox fan.

Since we're on the subject, what do us Ozzie plan holders get in terms of access to playoff/WS tix?

To my knowledge, Ozzie plan holders can purchase the amount of number of tickets on their plan to one ALDS game only.

chisoxfanatic
08-06-2005, 02:40 AM
Will they release all rounds at the same time or in a round-by-round manner?

Steelrod
08-06-2005, 04:29 AM
Why would we have to camp out? Don't you guys know that there will be playoff tickets available right before the game? We probably won't even sell out unless we make it the World Series and play the Cubs.
It's different now. Lots of sellouts during the year. The fans have woken up finally. I suggest camping out. I'll see you there!

jabrch
08-06-2005, 10:22 AM
To my knowledge, Ozzie plan holders can purchase the amount of number of tickets on their plan to one ALDS game only.

I thought the 13 game plan entitled you to the entire first round?

Ol' No. 2
08-06-2005, 10:29 AM
Will they release all rounds at the same time or in a round-by-round manner?Season ticket holders have to buy the whole enchilada. For sale to the general public they will release them one round at a time.

ewokpelts
08-06-2005, 01:40 PM
best bet is to buy a grinder plan (that includes a deposit for next year's tix) and get a full strip.....you'll be upstairs, but you'll have WS tix

gene