PDA

View Full Version : Sox in ESPN the mag

mike squires
08-05-2005, 02:33 PM
For those of you that subscribe and to those of you that don't...run down to the local store and pick up a copy and turn to page 42. You won't be dissapointed. Good stuff.:D:

LuvSox
08-05-2005, 02:38 PM
'splain please. :?:

Goose
08-05-2005, 02:43 PM
I would rather stick a rusted nail through my eye than put a dime into the pockets of ESPN.

mike squires
08-05-2005, 03:39 PM
The pics on the Sox are hilarious. Some are related to the theme of their promotions. I wanted for you to see for yourself. If you don't want to be dissapointed don't read the following...

THe spread includes Pollite, Dye, Iguchi and Uribe dressed in Beatles gear (think seargent pepper) It's got Aaron in a squirt fight by the shower including a pic of his daughter, Garland directing a traffic of old timers including Minnoso, Pierce and Melton along with some old ladies (senior day) Konerko with some dogs (dog day) Pods and Buehrle playing around in some go carts in the bulpen and perhaps the best...Hermonson, complete with Elvis gear pitching off the mound.

I'm telling you, whatever your feelings about ESPN, if you are a Sox fan and like the pub they get...you gotta get this. It's good stuff.

BridgePortNative
08-05-2005, 03:41 PM
I have never seen this mag, i dont know where to find them:(:

lths06
08-05-2005, 03:45 PM
I have never seen this mag, i dont know where to find them:(:

news stands, Barnes and Noble...

mike squires
08-05-2005, 03:51 PM
The pics on the Sox are hilarious. Some are related to the theme of their promotions. I wanted for you to see for yourself. If you don't want to be dissapointed don't read the following...

THe spread includes Pollite, Dye, Iguchi and Uribe dressed in Beatles gear (think seargent pepper) It's got Aaron in a squirt fight by the shower including a pic of his daughter, Garland directing a traffic of old timers including Minnoso, Pierce and Melton along with some old ladies (senior day) Konerko with some dogs (dog day) Pods and Buehrle playing around in some go carts in the bulpen and perhaps the best...Hermonson, complete with Elvis gear pitching off the mound.

I'm telling you, whatever your feelings about ESPN, if you are a Sox fan and like the pub they get...you gotta get this. It's good stuff.

I should have said, "what little pub they get."

Ron Karkovice
08-05-2005, 04:06 PM
This mag is great, once I got to my mailbox and saw in the upper left hand corner that it said "THE RIGHT SOX" I knew it would be a good issue. These pictures are great, I love the one with Buehrle and Pods in the go karts. I will post some pics soon, i'm aloud to do that right?

Ron Karkovice
08-05-2005, 04:07 PM
a total of 8 pages on this years White Sox, and the same for Beckham... I wish the sox would have gotten the cover, I wonder how many covers of ESPN Beckham has been on before this one.

BridgePortNative
08-05-2005, 04:08 PM
news stands, Barnes and Noble...

there's a B&N on the Northside, by a Red Line stop

Fake Chet Lemon
08-05-2005, 04:12 PM
I think the Sox deserve a cover. I believe The Sporting News is the only national pub to give the White Sox a cover.

Ron Karkovice
08-05-2005, 04:18 PM
how do you insert a picture that i saved in mydocuments?

mike squires
08-05-2005, 04:35 PM
This mag is great, once I got to my mailbox and saw in the upper left hand corner that it said "THE RIGHT SOX" I knew it would be a good issue. These pictures are great, I love the one with Buehrle and Pods in the go karts. I will post some pics soon, i'm aloud to do that right?

That pic along with the Hermenson actually made me chuckle out loud. IT looked like everyone was having fun with the pic.

Then I open up Sports Illustrated and see a pic of Willie talking about his tatoo.

:rolleyes:

whitesoxfan
08-05-2005, 06:04 PM
That pic along with the Hermenson actually made me chuckle out loud. IT looked like everyone was having fun with the pic.

Then I open up Sports Illustrated and see a pic of Willie talking about his tatoo.

:rolleyes:

i saw that too in the SI with Willie.

hey Willie... :whocares

Lip Man 1
08-05-2005, 06:48 PM
It is pretty funny. My wife brings the issues from the doctors office where she is office manager and then I ship them to my son and the troops in Iraq.

Lip

SOXSINCE'70
08-05-2005, 07:09 PM
The "Sgt.Pepper" photo featuring,Dye,Uribe,Iguchi and Politte
was my favorite,being a Beatles fan.Also liked the photo of Konerko
with the dogs.:D: :D:

:hawk
"I loooove the Beatles and I loooove dogs".:D: :D:

Ron Karkovice
08-05-2005, 09:31 PM
The "Sgt.Pepper" photo featuring,Dye,Uribe,Iguchi and Politte
was my favorite,being a Beatles fan.Also liked the photo of Konerko
with the dogs.:D: :D:

:hawk
"I loooove the Beatles and I loooove dogs".:D: :D:

I keep trying to posting the beatles pic here, but have no idea how to after i saved it...

Rooney4Prez56
08-05-2005, 09:33 PM
ESPN? Giving the Sox some love? I don't believe it.

fquaye149
08-05-2005, 10:38 PM
ESPN? Giving the Sox some love? I don't believe it.

yeah. we're only 75% of the way through one of the greater seasons in baseball history.

but yeah, kudos to them:rolleyes: