PDA

View Full Version : When do the gates open?

downstairs
08-05-2005, 09:02 AM
The last few times I went to the game, I got there a tad late (work, etc.)

I'm going tonight, and pretty much have the day off... so I want to get there as early as possible.

What time will the gates open for the 7.05 PM start?

I've heard 2 hours and 1.5 hours before... which is correct?

Go Sox! Go Elvis!

Jerko
08-05-2005, 09:04 AM
1.5 usually. I think it was 2 for the scrub series.

kevingrt
08-05-2005, 09:07 AM
1.5 usually. I think it was 2 for the scrub series.

"you are correct" in my best chris farley impression

downstairs
08-05-2005, 09:10 AM
Cool....

Any recommendation on parking? Its going to be crowded, I believe. I don't have a parking pass or what not...

Ol' No. 2
08-05-2005, 09:15 AM
Cool....

Any recommendation on parking? Its going to be crowded, I believe. I don't have a parking pass or what not...Get there early and you should have no problem with parking. Get there late and you'll find yourself "parked" on Wentworth for an hour.

Madvora
08-05-2005, 09:23 AM
"you are correct" in my best chris farley impression
That's Phil Hartman...

http://www.cnn.com/SHOWBIZ/TV/9805/28/hartman.bio2/snl.gallery/hartman.mcmahon.jpg

peeonwrigley
08-05-2005, 10:09 AM
That's Phil Hartman...

http://www.cnn.com/SHOWBIZ/TV/9805/28/hartman.bio2/snl.gallery/hartman.mcmahon.jpg

Hartman would be "You are correct sir!!"

Farley is "That is correct..." *seductively rubs hands down shirtless body*

Georgey3085
08-05-2005, 10:17 AM
If you get to the park 2 hours or a little before an hour and a half before the game, the best place to park is I think lot G, its half price ($8) and its an easy exit as most of the people who park there either work for the Sox or take their time to get out of the stadium...I always park there and get home (Lemont) in about 30 minutes. The lot is on the other side of the traintracks on 35th street right near the red and yellow building/shack.

pdimas
08-05-2005, 10:41 AM
Gates open at 5:30 for the park today

TimChamp
08-05-2005, 10:58 AM
Hey guys, I was wondering if I could kill two birds with one stone in this thread here.

Anyway, I was thinking of going to Grandstand today to get my Sox jersey lettered and numbered. I was wondering, for those who have done this or for anyone who knows, how long does it take and how much does it cost?

Also, as I am going to the game today, I somehow got premium club level seats and since I have never had those seats before, I was wondering if anybody knew anything about them. By that, I mean, can we come down to the Lower Deck to watch the players before the game starts or are we treated like people in the Upper Deck? Any other information about the Club Level would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

--Champ out

mike squires
08-05-2005, 11:02 AM
Club level seats allow you to go to the lower deck. Nothing like shagging for foul balls during batting practice. I usually end up with at lesat one sometimes two. I know the perfect spot. Have fun and enjoy the game!

downstairs
08-05-2005, 11:13 AM
I know the perfect spot.

Ya going to share?!?

:cool:

Soxaholic
08-05-2005, 11:58 AM
Anyway, I was thinking of going to Grandstand today to get my Sox jersey lettered and numbered. I was wondering, for those who have done this or for anyone who knows, how long does it take and how much does it cost?

I had a vest lettered and numbered about 3 or 4 years ago from Grandstand. It took me about 3 weeks for me to get the jersey back and I think it was around $60-70 for it to get done. It was more than I expected but you can't question the quality of the work done. They charge more for customized names if you want your name instead of a Sox player. They may have changed their procedure since then. You could always call them at (773) 927-1984 if you still have questions.

OzzieBall2005
08-05-2005, 12:00 PM
I plan on going to the game on Saturday and tailgate for as long as humanly possible before hand. When do the parking lots open if them even "opening" is a case?

Soxaholic
08-05-2005, 12:25 PM
I plan on going to the game on Saturday and tailgate for as long as humanly possible before hand. When do the parking lots open if them even "opening" is a case?

On the White Sox website it says 2 hrs before game time. I see people there tailgating at about 4:00 for a 7:05 start all the time. I really don't know how much earlier they'd let you in before 4:00.

Ol' No. 2
08-05-2005, 12:46 PM
I had a vest lettered and numbered about 3 or 4 years ago from Grandstand. It took me about 3 weeks for me to get the jersey back and I think it was around $60-70 for it to get done. It was more than I expected but you can't question the quality of the work done. They charge more for customized names if you want your name instead of a Sox player. They may have changed their procedure since then. You could always call them at (773) 927-1984 if you still have questions.I had one done earlier this year. They charged $65 and it took a week. Timing probably depends on demand.