PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else have a WhiteSox bathroom?

mike squires
08-05-2005, 01:50 AM
Today I decided to spice my bathroom up a bit. (I use the guest room for my private business) Not with potporri but with WhiteSox stuff. Nothing major, just a few odds and ends. I went out and bought two "guest towels" and put them over a gray towel. I got my "double" Carlton Fisk bobblehead and put it on a small shelf and next to it an autographed Carlton Fisk ball in display case. On another shelf I have a ball signed by 16 1983 players. On the sink I have a WhiteSox mug and of course on the back of the toilet sits the official 2005 Media guide. All I need is some Cub TP and I'm good to go. Actually that would be a bad idea. I don't want ANYTHING Cub in my house.

Optipessimism
08-05-2005, 03:49 AM
I don't have a White Sox bathroom but now that you've made me think of it, I think I'll try to find a Cubs toilet seat. That will be a nice thing to sit on when I drop the orphans off at the pool.

Dolly
08-05-2005, 04:42 AM
I didn't even know they made Sox bathroom decor... I'll have to look into that.

However, kind of in keeping with your Cubs TP/toilet seat idea, my brother has a Cubs doormat... so every time he comes home he can wipe his feet on the Cubs. :tongue:

mmmmmbeeer
08-05-2005, 07:20 AM
You'd be best served putting a Cubs decal in the bottom of your toilet, right where the sh** settles.

Parrothead
08-05-2005, 07:21 AM
Got the Sox shower curtain, bath towels, rug and toliet seat.

PeteWard
08-05-2005, 08:29 AM
Sorry, this thread is a gag, right?

fledgedrallycap
08-05-2005, 09:06 AM
I have an an all-sports themed bathroom which happens to have mostly White Sox collectables. I have framed pictures of all four original stadiums: Comiskey, Soldier, The Stadium and Wrigley (with the Bears playing in it, don't worry) along with a framed poster from inaugural night of the United Center. Bears and Miami University (alma mater) mini-helmets, a couple golf related items, and a handful of cased Sox baseballs and mini-bats.

If only there were a urinal, it would be the greatest bathroom on Earth.

mike squires
08-05-2005, 09:15 AM
I have an an all-sports themed bathroom which happens to have mostly White Sox collectables. I have framed pictures of all four original stadiums: Comiskey, Soldier, The Stadium and Wrigley (with the Bears playing in it, don't worry) along with a framed poster from inaugural night of the United Center. Bears and Miami University (alma mater) mini-helmets, a couple golf related items, and a handful of cased Sox baseballs and mini-bats.

If only there were a urinal, it would be the greatest bathroom on Earth.

How big is your bathroom!!! Mine is onyl 1/2 bath so it's pretty small. Thought I'd try something new though.

DumpJerry
08-05-2005, 09:19 AM
I tried to get a White Sox bathroom, but security stopped me as I was sneaking out with it at Gate 5.

fledgedrallycap
08-05-2005, 09:36 AM
How big is your bathroom!!! Mine is onyl 1/2 bath so it's pretty small. Thought I'd try something new though.

It's only a half...which is actually great because you gain the entire wallspace where a shower/bath would be. I have the stadium pictures hanging on the large wall, installed a chrome shelving unit where most of the loose items reside, and have a large counter area to work with.

bafiarocks03
08-05-2005, 12:55 PM
I have a white sox room!! Lol everthing is white sox! but not my bathroom!

thecell
08-05-2005, 01:39 PM
My bathroom is purple, but my son's room (due anyday now) is ALL White Sox. I have all of my pictures, bobbleheads, pennants, etc in there. He will have no choice but to be a Sox fan. And if he's not, he will be banished from the family. :redneck

Fake Chet Lemon
08-05-2005, 02:15 PM
I have the US Cellular Center Field scoreboard painted on one wall of my sons bedroom, complete with exploding fireworks on the ceiling. It's pretty awesome if I may say (toot-toot).

Fake Chet Lemon
08-05-2005, 02:16 PM
Sorry, this thread is a gag, right?

You know I had the same thought. But yet I felt the need to contribute.

08-05-2005, 02:21 PM
Got the Sox shower curtain, bath towels, rug and toliet seat.

Get a Cubs Toliet seat so people can sit there Dirty behinds on it!!

chisoxfanatic
08-05-2005, 02:57 PM
I don't have a White Sox bathroom; however, the walls in my office here at home are plastered with Chicago sports stuff. I have reserved one wall for each team (Hawks, Bears, Sox, Bulls). I'm in the process of looking for more cool things to put on the walls as well...

kingpin_rcs
08-05-2005, 04:03 PM
I live in Portland and there is a chain of restaurants out here called "Old Chicago" (do they have them in Chicago?). The place is a pizza/sports bar tpe of place. As you might imagine the place is full of chicago sports stuff. They do give equal amounts of stuff for both baseball teams although they do make a beer there called Wrigley Red - never tired it I'm sure it's awfull.

Anyway, the point is at the one near my house in the men's room there are about 6 pictures of Frank Thomas and a team "photo" of the 1906 team. I don't think there is any cubs stuff in there.

I am going there today to watch the Sox play the M's with some of my Mariner fan co-workers. I can't wait for them to go in there.

Brian26
08-05-2005, 04:40 PM
I have the US Cellular Center Field scoreboard painted on one wall of my sons bedroom, complete with exploding fireworks on the ceiling. It's pretty awesome if I may say (toot-toot).

Would love to see photos of that. That's really awesome!

Brian26
08-05-2005, 04:42 PM
Today I decided to spice my bathroom up a bit. (I use the guest room for my private business) Not with potporri but with WhiteSox stuff. Nothing major, just a few odds and ends. I went out and bought two "guest towels" and put them over a gray towel. I got my "double" Carlton Fisk bobblehead and put it on a small shelf and next to it an autographed Carlton Fisk ball in display case. On another shelf I have a ball signed by 16 1983 players. On the sink I have a WhiteSox mug and of course on the back of the toilet sits the official 2005 Media guide. All I need is some Cub TP and I'm good to go. Actually that would be a bad idea. I don't want ANYTHING Cub in my house.

Just a heads up- You mentioned you have a 1/2 bathroom, so I'm assuming you don't have a shower in there. I'd still be really leary of putting the autographed balls in that room though if there's any chance of steam from hot water running. Bathrooms are generally pretty damp places. (If they are in ballcubes, they might be ok though).

mike squires
08-05-2005, 04:47 PM
Thanks for the advice. I think they are OK and shouldn't have to worry about steam. Guests better wash their hands though before touching the ol' bobblehead! I made the mistake and had a Joe Borchard, Harold Baines and a few of the 83 guys turn yellow cause of the sun in the office. I keep the blinds closed and they are several feet from the window but still hurt them.:angry:

LongLiveFisk
08-05-2005, 05:02 PM
Just a heads up- You mentioned you have a 1/2 bathroom, so I'm assuming you don't have a shower in there. I'd still be really leary of putting the autographed balls in that room though if there's any chance of steam from hot water running. Bathrooms are generally pretty damp places. (If they are in ballcubes, they might be ok though).

Not to mention just having anything of value in an area where someone could rip it off. You'd like to think family and friends wouldn't even think about it, but stranger things have happened. Especially if you throw parties at your house.

chisoxfan64
08-05-2005, 05:22 PM
I have White Sox towels hand towel, wash cloth, rug in bathroom. This thread has inspired me to spice it up even more now though.

wilburaga
08-05-2005, 05:43 PM
The only White Sox related material I have in my bathroom is the 2005 Media Guide which I keep on a shelf next to the spot where I do most of my great thinking.

W

JohnBasedowYoda
08-05-2005, 05:49 PM
...on when I drop the orphans off at the pool.

or take the cleveland browns to the superbowl

soxjim
08-05-2005, 11:11 PM
The bedroom has SOX stuff in it. Nothing in the bathroom yet. How about some cub toilet paper?

ChiWhiteSox1337
08-05-2005, 11:25 PM
The bedroom has SOX stuff in it. Nothing in the bathroom yet. How about some cub toilet paper?
I saw some Sox and Cubs kleenex at a store in Rockford. I guess they have the Cubs kleenex for their fans to use when they cry. :wink:

soxjim
08-05-2005, 11:28 PM
I saw some Sox and Cubs kleenex at a store in Rockford. I guess they have the Cubs kleenex for their fans to use when they cry. :wink:

Good one. That house on Perryville has been flying my favorite flag lately. Maybe they could use some kleenex.

ChiSoxGirl
08-06-2005, 01:27 AM
You'd be best served putting a Cubs decal in the bottom of your toilet, right where the sh** settles.

:rolling:

Dolly
10-25-2005, 01:28 PM

Was your son's room on the news not too long ago?

VenturaSoxFan23
10-25-2005, 01:37 PM
You can't have an authentic White Sox bathroom without a trough/"sink" from the old park. (Some guys called that thing a sink. I swear to you.)

Now that will get people talking about your thinking room. :cool: