PDA

View Full Version : Iguchi for AL MVP

24thStFan
08-04-2005, 04:35 PM
After his game winning HR today, I'm nominating Tadahito for AL MVP. The best player on the best team deserves consideration.

Let's start seeing the MVP signs and hearing the MVP chant when Iguchi comes to the plate.

zach074
08-04-2005, 04:41 PM
This will never happen for 3 reasons. #1 he plays in AL central not AL east.#2 He does not put up huge power numbres. #3 Advancing the runner and taking pitches for Pods to steal go unnoticed.

JRIG
08-04-2005, 04:46 PM
After his game winning HR today, I'm nominating Tadahito for AL MVP. The best player on the best team deserves consideration.

Mark Buehrle says hi.

24thStFan
08-04-2005, 05:02 PM
Mark Buehrle says hi.

No problem, Buehrle for AL Cy Young. SOX sweep the postseason awards!:D:

WLL1855
08-04-2005, 05:12 PM
Mark Buehrle says hi.

Right on the money.

hold2dibber
08-04-2005, 05:34 PM

Let's start seeing the MVP signs and hearing the MVP chant when Iguchi comes to the plate.

I'm not certain that he really is MVP-worthy, but wow has he been great. He is perfect for this team in terms of playing Ozzie-ball/smallball/smartball, etc.

24thStFan
08-04-2005, 05:36 PM
This will never happen for 3 reasons. #1 he plays in AL central not AL east.#2 He does not put up huge power numbres. #3 Advancing the runner and taking pitches for Pods to steal go unnoticed.
:iguchi:"advancing runner unnoticed, but still most valuable, ZachSan."

Gavin
08-04-2005, 05:36 PM
I'm not certain that he really is MVP-worthy, but wow has he been great. He is perfect for this team in terms of playing Ozzie-ball/smallball/smartball, etc.

Agreed. He's good, but the numbers just aren't there for a MVP.

Tom~Attitude
08-04-2005, 05:47 PM
If not MVP..Maybe J.D. Power's Highest Rated Import?

chisoxfanatic
08-04-2005, 06:07 PM
Mark Buehrle says hi.

Jon Garland says "Holla!" :D:

StockdaleForVeep
08-04-2005, 06:39 PM
rookie of the year and gold glove maybe, but ***** for mvp

Teal and ban the 1st poster

bobwsx
08-04-2005, 07:43 PM
If not MVP..Maybe J.D. Power's Highest Rated Import? lol that was a good one!:kneeslap:

Chisox003
08-04-2005, 07:48 PM
Gooch is just an all around good ballplayer...

Im shocked at how good hes been....Hell, hes been GREAT, but definitely not MVP type numbers

MVP Winners = Big numbers in HR's, AVG, RBI's

Gooch = Does a little bit of everything, and does it all very well....He may be the most fundamentally sound players in the game (It's only his first year in the MLB!!)

If he played in Boston, its another story...But he's been great and is one of the biggest parts of the Sox' succes

I agree with Ozzie, he is the SOX MVP

lizard6king6
08-04-2005, 08:50 PM
I love tadahito but definatly not an mvp. He does all the little things sure, but many people dont notice this because lots of peole look at pure numbers epecially HR and RBI's.

TDog
08-04-2005, 10:19 PM

I don't care if AL East players win MVP, Cy Young, etc. Maybe not Cy Young, but Colon could win that in the West. I've seen Sox players win awards. I want to see a Sox player win World Series MVP because no AL East (or West) player is eligible.

I do marvel, though on how someone with so few home runs hits so many big home runs.

Iguana775
08-04-2005, 10:54 PM
Jon Garland says "Holla!" :D:

Willie says, "What's up?!"

SOXintheBURGH
08-04-2005, 11:11 PM
:canseco

"SNAUSAGES!"

fquaye149
08-05-2005, 08:07 AM
where's that chotch who a month back kept insisiting that Iguchi was a below average 2 hitter?

Rooney4Prez56
08-05-2005, 08:47 AM

It will be tough getting the writers in love with the AL east (and Vlad Guerrero) to vote for Iguchi. I love having Iguchi on the team, and he has been very valuable. But he's not MVP material, sadly. He doesn't have the power numbers of someone like Vlad, who will probably win. However, he has a great chance of winning Rookie of the Year. He just has to hold off Nick Swisher.

Fake Chet Lemon
08-05-2005, 01:09 PM
Come on! He won't even win Rookie of the Year (even though he deserves it).

fquaye149
08-05-2005, 01:53 PM

One of the main reasons he won't win ROTY is because some douchebag writers are still hung up on "if they came from Japan then they aren't rookies," even though the rules clearly state that THEY ARE ROOKIES. Period.

You may not agree with that rule, but that's the rule. Until it changes, if you voted, for instance, Angel Berroa as ROTY over Matsui, you are a moron. MORON.

However, Iguchi will still lose quite a few votes from these dunderheads who can't GET IT THROUGH THEIR HEADS that they are responsible for accuracy in their voting.

Ted Williams knows what I'm talking about.

nebraskasox
08-05-2005, 01:58 PM

Probably true (that he won't win ROY) but Tadahito has become a fan favorite (and Ozzie's MVP) with consistent good play. He may be the most fundamentally sound player on the team. When Pods is on base, he takes pitches or sacrifices or hits to the right. He's had several clutch hits and makes most of the plays in the field. He is a big reason for our success. His early success was a pleasant surprise but now we expect him to be a big part of winning. You gotta love what he's done for this team even if he doesn't win individual awards this year.