PDA

View Full Version : A Sox Soul in Turmoil

ChiSoxPatF
08-04-2005, 03:11 PM
I'm torn and I want some thoughts from other Palehose loyalists.... the A's are playing the Twins and who am I suppose to want to win?! No team in the AL scare me except the A's in the playoffs. The Twins are not really an immediate threat anymore but I want the Sox to clinch as early as possible and ensure a playoff spot.

Anyone out there resolve this problem?

CHISOXFAN13
08-04-2005, 03:21 PM
I'm torn and I want some thoughts from other Palehose loyalists.... the A's are playing the Twins and who am I suppose to want to win?! No team in the AL scare me except the A's in the playoffs. The Twins are not really an immediate threat anymore but I want the Sox to clinch as early as possible and ensure a playoff spot.

Anyone out there resolve this problem?

The Twins aren't going to finish second, so if you go by that theory, I think you have to cheer for Minnesota.

DumpJerry
08-04-2005, 03:55 PM
I'm sorry, there are other teams in Major League Baseball besides the White Sox and whomever they are playing?

I am at the point, given our record, of not giving a hoot what the other teams are doing and their impact on the Sox. We're headed to the playoffs and we'll do quite well there no matter who is wearing the other uniform.

cheeses_h_rice
08-04-2005, 03:58 PM
I think the whole A's-as-boogeyman thing is so completely overhyped it's sick.

Weird **** happens in the postseason. Heroes become goats, studs become duds.

I wouldn't worry about who we're going to face. We'll deal with it when the time comes, and by then, it could be the A's struggling.

jackbrohamer
08-04-2005, 04:12 PM
I think the whole A's-as-boogeyman thing is so completely overhyped it's sick.

I agree completely. Any team the Sox face in the playoffs will be tough. The Sox caught Oakland when they were red hot (likewise Texas) and what happened between the two in July has little (maybe nothing) to do with what may happen if they face each other in October.

Lip Man 1
08-04-2005, 05:48 PM
Jack:

The A's have been 'red hot' since June. Maybe that's the real A's and not the ones from the first two months?

I'll play them when it's a best of seven if you please, not a best of five, where one bizarre play (like a Buehrle throwing error) wins a series for them.

Lip

mantis1212
08-04-2005, 06:12 PM
Jack:

The A's have been 'red hot' since June. Maybe that's the real A's and not the ones from the first two months?

I'll play them when it's a best of seven if you please, not a best of five, where one bizarre play (like a Buehrle throwing error) wins a series for them.

Lip

Yeah, to add to that point, I think the best-of-five series is ridiculous after playing 162 games. They need to make it a best of seven (or nine?) and reduce the season to 154 games.

Back to the original thought of the thread- I am scared of playing Oakland, and I think the best record in the league should be more meaningful.

How about this idea:

The team with the best record in the league gets to choose what team they play in the first round.
I think this would make the best record more meaningful, and let that team avoid the hottest team around. They earned that by playing well all year.