PDA

View Full Version : Good baseball stat site?

Erik The Red
08-04-2005, 03:07 PM
I've been looking for a site that shows stats such as record against teams over .500, record in night/day games, etc. Where's a good place to go for this?

StockdaleForVeep
08-04-2005, 03:30 PM
I've been looking for a site that shows stats such as record against teams over .500, record in night/day games, etc. Where's a good place to go for this?

Overall good stat site is

baseball-reference.com

MRKARNO
08-04-2005, 07:53 PM

baseball-reference.com

That's good for past stats, but your best bet for this year's stats is probably ESPN.com's statistics section.

Erik The Red
08-04-2005, 08:18 PM
Yeah, I should've clarified, I'm looking for current stats. ESPN doesn't seem to have what I'm looking for, but I just saw something that says "splits" under the players' stats, where you can see BA vs. lefties, etc... maybe there's something similar for team stats.

MRKARNO
08-04-2005, 09:10 PM
Yeah, I should've clarified, I'm looking for current stats. ESPN doesn't seem to have what I'm looking for, but I just saw something that says "splits" under the players' stats, where you can see BA vs. lefties, etc... maybe there's something similar for team stats.

If you click on MLB and then on "statistics," you will arrive at their statistics home page. You can find sortable team stats for batting and for pitching in the bar underneath where it says "MLB Stats index - 2005"

Erik The Red
08-04-2005, 09:38 PM
Yeah, I saw that. It covers a lot, but there's nothing there to show a team's record vs. teams over .500, though. Damn.

Rooney4Prez56
08-09-2005, 10:26 PM

baseball-reference.com

Works for me. I always look up stats using that site.