PDA

View Full Version : Who's going...NY & Boston?

Terry21fg
08-04-2005, 10:26 AM
My buddy and I are leaving Milwaukee on Tuesday to catch the White Sox and Yankee game on Wednesday afternoon in the Bronx, then taking the train to Boston on Thursday to catch the White Sox and Red Sox at Fenway on Friday night....

Just curious if anyone was going to make the trip out east?
Maybe we could meet up for drinks before/after the games...

sox7235
08-04-2005, 10:28 AM
Flying out Sunday for the Monday game.

Shafe72
08-04-2005, 10:34 AM
I'll be at next Friday's game at Fenway.

Boston Beer Works and Copperfield's on Brookline Ave are both solid pre-game spots.

An Tua Nua on Beacon St is a solid post game spot.

We'll see if we can rally some more troops to meet up before/after the game...

Terry21fg
08-04-2005, 10:36 AM
We'll see if we can rally some more troops to meet up before/after the game...

That's what I'm hoping to do...hopefully a lot of people are making the trip.

CPditka
08-04-2005, 11:28 AM
I'll be at Sat's game w/ a few friends (boston).
Let me know what we decide for Pre/post.

skobabe8
08-04-2005, 11:39 AM
My buddy and I are leaving Milwaukee on Tuesday to catch the White Sox and Yankee game on Wednesday afternoon in the Bronx, then taking the train to Boston on Thursday to catch the White Sox and Red Sox at Fenway on Friday night....

Just curious if anyone was going to make the trip out east?
Maybe we could meet up for drinks before/after the games...

Man am I jealous!

Sounds like an awesome trip!

EastCoastSoxFan
08-04-2005, 12:13 PM
I'll be at Yankee Stadium on Tuesday night, hopefully to continue my personal winning streak (2 at the Jake, 1 at Camden Yards).
Pretty sure I'll be in the upper deck behind the plate again...

Kogs35
08-04-2005, 12:39 PM
ill be there wed afternoon with my bro in law

WhiteSox16K
08-04-2005, 12:42 PM
then taking the train to Boston on Thursday to catch the White Sox and Red Sox at Fenway on Friday night....

If I remember correctly, the Sox are taking the train from NY to Boston also. I seem to remember Rooney and Farmer were talking about at some point this year. That's one cool trip though.

Terry21fg
08-04-2005, 01:04 PM
If I remember correctly, the Sox are taking the train from NY to Boston also. I seem to remember Rooney and Farmer were talking about at some point this year. That's one cool trip though.

You are right, we emailed Brooks to see if he would let us know what train they were taking so we could get tickets on the same one....for obvious reasons they wouldn't tell us, but maybe we'll get lucky and be on the same one afterall.

kjhanson
08-04-2005, 05:43 PM
Going to see the Cubs get iced by the Mets at Shea on Saturday and Sunday, and then off to Yankee Stadium for the first two games of the Sox series.

08-04-2005, 05:57 PM
I'll be at the Boston Series, Friday and Saturday...

winning ugly 72
08-04-2005, 08:56 PM
i'll be at the tuesday night game in new york and then the saturday night game in boston i can't wait for this trip. does anyone know how the yankee fans and red sox fans are about wearing the opponets jersey in their stadiums ?

delben91
08-04-2005, 09:23 PM
i'll be at the tuesday night game in new york and then the saturday night game in boston i can't wait for this trip. does anyone know how the yankee fans and red sox fans are about wearing the opponets jersey in their stadiums ?

As long as you aren't wearing a Red Sox or Yankees jersey respectively, they seem fine with it. The exception might be if you sat in the RF bleachers in Yankee Stadium.

Speaking of, I'll be taking the NJ Transit train north to NYC for all 3 against the Yankees.

MikeW
08-04-2005, 09:54 PM
I'll be there Monday and Tuesday night. On Tuesday I got tickets about 10 rows behind the Sox dugout. Monday is going to be a scalp night.

NewyorkSoxFan
08-04-2005, 10:10 PM
I am spending the weekend in Boston, and will be at the Friday game, although I have not yet secured my tickets. I will probably get them this week from a broker or on ebay

Foulke You
08-04-2005, 11:22 PM
I am going to be flying out to Boston next week and my girlfriend and I will be at the Friday and Saturday games at Fenway. We'll probably take in 1 or 2 of the NYY games from a Boston sports bar. I know we'll have the support of the Red Sox fans when we watch those games.:cool: I'm trying to score tickets for Sunday too but so far no luck. I'll see what is available outside the park, the ebay and scalping rate for Red Sox tickets is absolutely insane. Maybe I'll run into some of you fellow WSIers at Boston Beer Works before or after the game. I'll be wearing my #34 black Freddy Garcia jersey. Don't be afraid to say hi.

Anyone know which hotel the White Sox stay at in Boston?

bridgeportcopper
08-04-2005, 11:25 PM
I'll be at all 3 in NY. Can't wait!! If anyone knows of a good drinking establishment lemme know as I have never been to NY.

TimoPerez
08-04-2005, 11:33 PM
I live in New York so for the whole season I had been planning on going to all three games at Yankee Stadium. I tried to get tickets a couple of weeks ago for me and a friend but the games were already sold out. Oh well. At least I'll be able to watch the Sox on the stupid YES Network.:bandance:

sox7235
08-04-2005, 11:37 PM
I live in New York so for the whole season I had been planning on going to all three games at Yankee Stadium. I tried to get tickets a couple of weeks ago for me and a friend but the games were already sold out. Oh well. At least I'll be able to watch the Sox on the stupid YES Network.:bandance:

check out ebay, there should still be some affordable tickets there for at least one of the games.

popilius
08-04-2005, 11:40 PM
I'll be at Yankee Stadium on Tuesday and Wednesday. Still, I'm driving out there on Sunday from Chicago and try to get tickets for Monday's game.

:gulp:

Hagan
08-04-2005, 11:58 PM
I am going to two of the games in boston. ITs the middle of my road trip to the east to see tons of baseball games. On the 10th we are going to toronto, then the next day new york, then boston for 2, the back to new york, cooperstown, and finally philly. We might stop in dayton at the end and maybe see homer baily pitcher for the dragos.

ChiSoxGirl
08-05-2005, 12:07 AM
Anyone know which hotel the White Sox stay at in Boston?
Ask and you shall receive. :smile:

Per my 2004 White Sox Media Guide, the Sox stay at the Marriott Copley Place in Boston.

Bisco Stu
08-05-2005, 12:27 AM
Going to see the Cubs get iced by the Mets at Shea on Saturday and Sunday, and then off to Yankee Stadium for the first two games of the Sox series.

I'm JEALOUS. For this Sox/Mets diehard fan and Flubs/Skankees diehard hater, that sounds like the dream baseball trip. As long as the Mets and Sox sweep, that is.

Foulke You
08-05-2005, 01:00 PM
Ask and you shall receive. :smile:

Per my 2004 White Sox Media Guide, the Sox stay at the Marriott Copley Place in Boston.
Ah, thank you very much! :smile:

ChiSox Fan 68
08-05-2005, 02:25 PM
We are going to the Saturday and Sunday games in Boston. In chatting with a few BoSox fans at the Cell a few weeks back, they recommended Cask’n Flagon as a good place to go for out-of-towners.

We went to Denver in June and with so many Sox fans there, we were really looking forward to celebrating the 15-5 Sox victory afterwards. But we couldn’t seem to find any of those many Sox fans at the bars we were at near Coors Field. I think WSI is a good way for all us Sox fans making road trips to coordinate pre or post game gatherings!

steff
08-05-2005, 04:05 PM
Going to Boston.

Foulke You
08-05-2005, 07:30 PM
We are going to the Saturday and Sunday games in Boston. In chatting with a few BoSox fans at the Cell a few weeks back, they recommended Cask’n Flagon as a good place to go for out-of-towners.

I went in '02 and '03 and I recommend you check out Boston Beer Works. I didn't catch too much flak in my White Sox garb (there were a few other White Sox fans too) and the microbrews there are very tasty.:gulp:

Terry21fg
08-05-2005, 10:03 PM
I went in '02 and '03 and I recommend you check out Boston Beer Works. I didn't catch too much flak in my White Sox garb (there were a few other White Sox fans too) and the microbrews there are very tasty.:gulp:

Well from the thoughts on this board, it sounds like we'll be at the Boston Beer Works on Saturday before and after the game. Look for the sox shirts, don't be shy, and come over and have a drink with us!

TimoPerez
08-06-2005, 12:14 AM
check out ebay, there should still be some affordable tickets there for at least one of the games.

Very good idea. Thank you.

Viva Medias B's
08-06-2005, 12:37 AM
I'll be flying to New York on Sunday to catch the Monday and Tuesday games at Yankee Stadium. I was thinking about going to Sunday night's game at Shea. Is anyone else going to it?

JRIG
08-06-2005, 08:29 PM
I'll be at the Sunday game in Boston on the 14th.

alohafri
08-06-2005, 11:57 PM
The Alohas will be in Boston Fri. and Sat. and hope to get tix to at least 1 of the games. Most likely we will be hanging with Jim and Steff--all of us going should finalize a meeting place before and after the games...looking forward to meeting lots of WSI White Sox fans!!

--Mrs. Aloha

soxylady
08-07-2005, 04:51 PM
I'll be at the games Friday, Saturday and Sunday...Although I'm still looking for tickets for two of the three.

A few tips for anyone coming from Chicago (in response to some of the previous posts):

-If you don't have tickets, Fenway gives out "day of game tickets" 2 hours prior to the game. (usually 75-100 tix). To assure youself tickets get in line at gate "C" (on lansdown street) 4 hours prior. Saturday is always harder to get than Friday and Sunday.

-While Boston Beer Works and Cask and Flagon are fun, Jillians is the place that, if you watched the world series, you've seen on tv...its just right down the street

-Indeed, the White Sox stay at the Marriott Copley Place and there is a decent bar in the hotel called Champions which they frequent after the game

-Also, if you want to see the players in the afternoon, I'd recommend walking around the Prudential and Copley Mall, they connect to the players' hotel...(take the Green E line to either Copley or Prudential)

-Another bar that players around the league are seen is Daisy Buchanan's on Newberry Street (Hard to find but its underneath a restaurant called Ciao Bella)

-and show your pride at Fenway...you may have a few peanuts thrown at you and the usual remarks but its all in good fun...as long as you are not wearing a yankees jersey/hat, you're fine

and if anyone is trying to sell tickets, I'm still shopping..let me know!

alohafri
08-09-2005, 10:47 PM
I'll be at next Friday's game at Fenway.

Boston Beer Works and Copperfield's on Brookline Ave are both solid pre-game spots.

Can you get tickets there?

SoxNutNYC
08-11-2005, 03:47 PM
Very Happy to say I'm going to Beantown to see some sweet Sox on Sox action. GO GARLAND!!! :bandance: :bandance: This'll be the two of us in Section 10

(I'm going saturday, by the way.)

This'll be my wife's and my first game of the season. Missed em in the Bronx--(stupid weekdays)

Hangar18
08-11-2005, 06:14 PM
I have tickets for the Saturday Nite Game in Boston ........
I have a Sat AM flight planned also .......
But NO HOTEL !!!!!!
hotels are outrageous right now over there. If I dont find a good rate tomorrow Friday, I will put off my FENWAY trip til .........THE PLAYOFFS :D:

NewyorkSoxFan
08-11-2005, 06:32 PM
Going to the game on Friday nite, is anybody hanging out or meeting to say hello at the game. If so let me know I will be leaving from Philly and driving up in the afternoon.

chidonez
08-12-2005, 10:38 AM
I plan on going to 2/3 games this weekend -- I need one day to change apartments. In any case, I don't have tickets either. I've been told the scalpers dump their remaining tickets for cheap after the 1st or 2nd inning. I might just come down and hang out with the WSI'ers until then, or if anyone has a spare?

Did we decide on a place yet? I'll be wearing a Sox hat, but I think it's still a bit warm for the '04 road jacket.

See you Fenway...

Oh, and don't bother with stubhub.com. Standing room only tickets were going for $100 there this morning...

NonetheLoaiza
08-12-2005, 10:43 AM
Going to Saturday and Sunday's game in Bahstin...

Shafe72
08-12-2005, 01:01 PM
The group I'm going with will be heading into the park on the early side to watch the end of batting practice and shout encouragement at various Sox players. Probably will be at Boston Beer Works beforehand...

We'll be sitting behind the White Sox bullpen about 20 rows up in the right field bleachers.

After the game we'll probably hit Jillian's and the Champions (in the Marriot Copley Place).

Go Good Guys!!

ChiSox Fan 68
08-12-2005, 01:37 PM
We're going to Cask n' Flagon after the game tonight. Tomorrow probably Boston Beer Works and/or Champions. We're leaving on the 4:00 UA flight this afternoon - hope to see some of you WSI'ers in Boston!

SoxNutNYC
08-12-2005, 01:44 PM
I have tickets for the Saturday Nite Game in Boston ........
I have a Sat AM flight planned also .......
But NO HOTEL !!!!!!
hotels are outrageous right now over there. If I dont find a good rate tomorrow Friday, I will put off my FENWAY trip til .........THE PLAYOFFS :D:

Any luck? Well wishing ya some either way! Go Mark!!!