PDA

View Full Version : Twins closing in...#@?

grizzbr
08-04-2005, 08:35 AM
On the morning sports report up here, they said the Twins dramatic 9th inning win over Oakland last night was like winning the WS. The reporter stated that the "Twins are closing in on the White Sox who lost last night".

I guess 14.5 out is closing in. For anyone rooting for the Twinks to make the wild card just make a note. The media and fans up here hate the good guys!!

Let's sweep em' this month.

SoxFan78
08-04-2005, 08:57 AM
Hey, let the Twins have fun on this day, they did beat the A's. Bout time that sorry ass team beat somebody!

LuvSox
08-04-2005, 09:00 AM
On the morning sports report up here, they said the Twins dramatic 9th inning win over Oakland last night was like winning the WS. The reporter stated that the "Twins are closing in on the White Sox who lost last night".

I guess 14.5 out is closing in. For anyone rooting for the Twinks to make the wild card just make a note. The media and fans up here hate the good guys!!

Sounds very cub-like.

Baby Fisk
08-04-2005, 09:02 AM
Reminds me of a comment made by the Jays announcers at the start of this series. They said "if the Jays make a late run for the Wild Card, this could be a playoff preview." :rolleyes:

I guess most announcers really need to delude themselves this time of year to stay interested, or to help maintain viewer interest.

Chisox353014
08-04-2005, 09:02 AM

:kukoo:

Iwritecode
08-04-2005, 09:37 AM

Isn't this the first time the Twins have won and the Sox have lost on the same night in like a week?

balke
08-04-2005, 09:47 AM
Reminds me of a comment made by the Jays announcers at the start of this series. They said "if the Jays make a late run for the Wild Card, this could be a playoff preview." :rolleyes:

I guess most announcers really need to delude themselves this time of year to stay interested, or to help maintain viewer interest.

Except the Jays are only 6 out in a terrible division, and Halladay comes back in like a week. I'm semi-hoping they take the division, its a long shot, but more possible than the most teams' chances.

Iwritecode
08-04-2005, 09:52 AM

Yea and if my aunt had balls...

TDog
08-04-2005, 10:10 AM
... The reporter stated that the "Twins are closing in on the White Sox who lost last night". ...

And you heard no teal in his voice?

gobears1987
08-04-2005, 10:21 AM
They are closing in...

on 2nd place!!!!

tstrike2000
08-04-2005, 10:52 AM

Their comments are almost as ridiculous as giving a standing ovation to Manny at Fenway. Good luck not finishing in 3rd place Twinkie fans!

SOXPHILE
08-04-2005, 11:02 AM
Wow. That is very Cub-like indeed. Sorta reminds me of something I heard back in 2000, when the Sox were winning the division, and the Cubs were on their way to a 65-97 season. I was at a bar in the city, and they had the Cubs game on. They were beating another bad team, like the Brewers, or the Rockies, like 10-1 or something for their 2nd staight win. They were still 10 or 12 games under .500, but Chimp Carey excitedly says "Well, if they can keep going, and maintain this winning streak, they can start to make a late run at the division." I remember looking at one of my friends, both of us hardly believing what we had just heard.

maristsox
08-04-2005, 11:10 AM
They are closing in...

on 2nd place!!!!

ohhh WHAMMY!!!!!

Steakpita
08-04-2005, 11:11 AM
Toronto has as good a shot as anyone at the AL East and the wild card. They're playing very well lately and Halladay comes back this week. Plus, the Yankees suck, and Toronto gets to beat up on them for a while...

CHISOXFAN13
08-04-2005, 11:25 AM
And you heard no teal in his voice?

Exactly. I'd assume that the reporter was being a smart ass becasuse of how bad Minnesota has played of late.

Ol' No. 2
08-04-2005, 06:43 PM
They should worry about closing in on the Indians, first.

Mohoney
08-04-2005, 10:48 PM
Yea and if my aunt had balls...

She would be in the Guinness Book.

Rocklive99
08-04-2005, 11:04 PM
And then they meet Zito.

Last night's win was suspect as well if you ask me, I thought the tag was in time, and even it wasn't, it didn't look like the runner's hand touched the plate on the short replay I saw