PDA

View Full Version : So Who's Actually Going?

TornLabrum
08-04-2005, 08:03 AM
I thought it might be kind of fun to find out who has put in an order for tickets for the Core of the Core patio party.

I'll be there (Sec 105, Row 9, Seats 21-22) with my son Jeff who has in turn invited several co-workers of his from Joliet Junior College who are lurkers here at WSI. Who else has put in their order and/or received their tickets?

Tekijawa
08-04-2005, 09:23 AM
I'll be thier with the two guys I have season tickets with my Brother and one of his friends. Just waiting on the Credit Card to close for this month to buy the tickets. Probably Next Monday I'll send the orderform in for 5!

DumpJerry
08-04-2005, 09:47 AM
I faxed my order in on Monday for 4 tickets. Soxstarter will be among my crew.

Iwritecode
08-04-2005, 10:26 AM
I've got the forms printed out I just have to get them filled out and sent in. I will be there with Mrs. IWC and possibly my bro-in-law.

My friend is getting married on Sep. 10 and we are supposed to have our final fitting for our tuxes that night. I'm going to have to tell them that I need to come in early for my fitting!

Also that is supposed to be the night of his bachelor party (are you really supposed to have one for your second marriage?) so I printed out an extra form and told him to get all the guys together and have it at the Cell.

It will probably end up being cheaper than whatever they are planning because it's all you can eat and drink!!! :wink:

skobabe8
08-04-2005, 11:48 AM
I'll be there but havent sent in my form yet.

halfpricemonday
08-04-2005, 01:48 PM
I faxed in an order for myself and my brother in law before the official order form was posted, but haven't heard from the Sox or had my credit card charged. Looks like it's time to follow up and give them a call.

TornLabrum
08-04-2005, 06:58 PM
I faxed in an order for myself and my brother in law before the official order form was posted, but haven't heard from the Sox or had my credit card charged. Looks like it's time to follow up and give them a call.

Make sure you do!

RallyBowl
08-04-2005, 07:01 PM
Printing forms out today, hopefully they'll be paid for this weekend. See you all there.

chisoxmike
08-04-2005, 07:02 PM
I'll be there.

chisoxfanatic
08-04-2005, 07:06 PM
I just got everything together in an envelope and will mail it after work tomorrow.

ChicagoHoosier
08-04-2005, 08:31 PM
You guys gonna all wear name tags with your screen name?

Still shuffling my schedule to see if I can attend.

jake27
08-04-2005, 08:48 PM
i gotta wait for my next paycheck next week then ill be there with one of my friends. does anyone think that it will be sold out in as much as 2 weeks? imight not beable to get tickets til then.

Mr. White Sox
08-04-2005, 08:58 PM
I'd love to go, but I don't know if I'll be able to make it back from Madison for a weekday game. I'm probably going to order 2 tickets; either my dad and I will be going, or my parents will go in my stead. :(:

DaleJRFan
08-04-2005, 09:02 PM
I thought it might be kind of fun to find out who has put in an order for tickets for the Core of the Core patio party.

I'll be there (Sec 105, Row 9, Seats 21-22) with my son Jeff who has in turn invited several co-workers of his from Joliet Junior College who are lurkers here at WSI. Who else has put in their order and/or received their tickets?

I'll be there with a gal I work with who is a KC fan (not really, but she was born and raised in KC). Haven't received the tix yet, so I dont know where in 105 we'll be.

I have heard from a friend who went to a pre-game patio party that, even if advertised to start at 5, the gates do not open until 5:30, so you still have to wait. Is this true??? Will we be able to get into the park at 5 for the patio party??

robertks61
08-04-2005, 09:08 PM
I'll be at the party but sitting in my regular seats, sec. 116, row 11.

TornLabrum
08-04-2005, 09:21 PM
i gotta wait for my next paycheck next week then ill be there with one of my friends. does anyone think that it will be sold out in as much as 2 weeks? imight not beable to get tickets til then.

They're holding 500 seats to start with. If it approaches 500, they will hold more.

TornLabrum
08-04-2005, 09:22 PM
I'll be there with a gal I work with who is a KC fan (not really, but she was born and raised in KC). Haven't received the tix yet, so I dont know where in 105 we'll be.

I have heard from a friend who went to a pre-game patio party that, even if advertised to start at 5, the gates do not open until 5:30, so you still have to wait. Is this true??? Will we be able to get into the park at 5 for the patio party??

It starts when the gates open: 5:30.

chisoxfanatic
08-04-2005, 09:46 PM
Will anyone in the organization make guest appearances at the event?

Also, will we get to all hold up those cards that make up the Sox logo like I've seen many other groups do?

I've also seen something about vouchers for 2 Sox games in 2006. Does this only apply to the event organizer, or does it apply to everyone who's purchased tickets and a patio pass for this event?

jake27
08-04-2005, 09:56 PM
They're holding 500 seats to start with. If it approaches 500, they will hold more.ok thanks hopefully ill be good then

TornLabrum
08-04-2005, 09:56 PM

Also, will we get to all hold up those cards that make up the Sox logo like I've seen many other groups do?

I've also seen something about vouchers for 2 Sox games in 2006. Does this only apply to the event organizer, or does it apply to everyone who's purchased tickets and a patio pass for this event?

1) I don't know of any planned guest appearances. Those are usually reserved for diamond suite parties.

2) I think those cards are home made.

3) Since there are actually three invited groups that I know of (us, SoxTalk, and Southsiders.net) I don't know if there will be one pair of vouchers or three). I'm pretty certain there won't be one per purchaser.

BeefyD
08-05-2005, 12:02 AM
I gotta ask my brother and my buddy if they want to go to the party, but either way we'll already be at the game, Sect. 159, Row 8. I'll have my Ordonez All-Star jersey on...

ChiSoxGirl
08-05-2005, 12:13 AM
I mailed my check and order form on Tuesday morning. ChiSoxGirl will be going to the party alone, so I look forward to meeting a lot of cool people to talk to & hang out with! Still trying to get my friend & his wife on board though, but we'll see how much success I have! As soon as I know where I'm sitting, I'll let you guys know! :bandance:

Jjav829
08-05-2005, 12:21 AM

I'll definitely be there if it includes a chance to meet the Brooks Boyer. :cool:

Hey Brooks, if you're reading this, and you probably are, what are the chances of getting the Raiders-Patriots game shown on the jumbotron for the night? I mean scheduling this for NFL Opening Night. Come on. :D: Joking....kind of...

TornLabrum
08-05-2005, 12:25 AM
I'll definitely be there if it includes a chance to meet the Brooks Boyer. :cool:

Hey Brooks, if you're reading this, and you probably are, what are the chances of getting the Raiders-Patriots game shown on the jumbotron for the night? I mean scheduling this for NFL Opening Night. Come on. :D: Joking....kind of...

I can't guarantee Brooks or the Raiers-Pats game, but I can guarantee that WSI's own Hal Vickery will be there to autograph his latest WSI column for anyone who brings their laptop with them. He will be usigning in permanent marker just in case it rains.

Madvora
08-05-2005, 10:34 AM
I posted this in the official thread too, but I don't think anyone looks up there anymore.

Anyway, I faxed in my order on Monday and my credit card hasn't even been charged yet. Has this taken a long time for anyone else? I'm worried they never got the fax.

Alos, let me know if someone has a contact number for this. Ticketmaster is all automated.

TornLabrum
08-05-2005, 11:14 AM
I posted this in the official thread too, but I don't think anyone looks up there anymore.

Anyway, I faxed in my order on Monday and my credit card hasn't even been charged yet. Has this taken a long time for anyone else? I'm worried they never got the fax.

Alos, let me know if someone has a contact number for this. Ticketmaster is all automated.

I posted my answer in that thread, so check there.

nedlug
08-05-2005, 12:00 PM
I would make the trip from school in Terre Haute (much shorter than the trip from Minneapolis for Cubs-Sox #5 this year), but alas, I'll have football practice.

If it was on Monday, Saturday, Sunday, I could have gone...:whiner:

Soxzilla
08-05-2005, 12:09 PM
I'm still thinkin' about it. I have to figure out what my financial situation is at that point.:cool:

cheeses_h_rice
08-05-2005, 12:27 PM
Faxed my order form in today.

:cool:

Risk
08-05-2005, 12:34 PM
Faxed my order form earlier this week. I think I'll do a follow up if I haven't received them by Tuesday (Aug 9). I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.

Risk

Deuce
08-05-2005, 12:49 PM
I am unbelievably bummed out that I cannot make this gathering. :whiner:

Madvora
08-05-2005, 12:49 PM
Faxed my order form earlier this week. I think I'll do a follow up if I haven't received them by Tuesday (Aug 9). I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.

Risk
Hey man, I posted earlier about the same thing. Got a response back already in case you're interested...

We have been processing Core of the Core orders in batches, and the latest batch went to the box office yesterday. I have a copy of your order in front of me - so as soon as the box office processes your request, you should receive your tix in the mail. Hope that helps.
Contact me w/ any other questions.

Thanks,
Kurt

alohafri
08-05-2005, 04:00 PM
I faxed in my order on Tuesday!

CLR01
08-05-2005, 04:17 PM
I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.

Risk

I'm sure everyone is looking forward to you being there. I am definitely
not going now. :rolleyes:

I have not decided if I will be able to make it but I am going to buy tickets anyway. If it turns out I can not go I will sell them to some jackass Cub fan outside Wrigley, or maybe give them away to a Sox fan.

Heffalump
08-05-2005, 04:25 PM
Mrs. Heffalump and I have tix in Sec. 159, Row 2. Gotta convince her to go to the Patio Party portion though(she likes to tailgate instead).

I'm also trying to convince my brothers to go as well.

GO SOX !

TornLabrum
08-05-2005, 04:37 PM
Mrs. Heffalump and I have tix in Sec. 159, Row 2. Gotta convince her to go to the Patio Party portion though(she likes to tailgate instead).

I'm also trying to convince my brothers to go as well.

GO SOX !

I have to words to say to your Mrs.: Bertucci's ribs. (Small, but you can take as many as you want.)

soxjim
08-05-2005, 11:03 PM
Just got back from mailing in my form. Will be there with 2 friends from work. We are SOX fans and have taken over the place. GO SOX

chisoxfanatic
08-06-2005, 02:31 AM
I just mailed it in after work this early afternoon. Does anyone know what the exact menu will be at the patio party? Does it include a pasta dish?

ChiSoxGirl
08-06-2005, 02:37 AM
I just mailed it in after work this early afternoon. Does anyone know what the exact menu will be at the patio party? Does it include a pasta dish?

From what I remember from the Patio Party I was at in Sept., 2003, it's hot dogs, hamburgers/cheeseburgers, chicken sandwiches, BBQ wings, coleslaw, macaroni salad, potato salad, and Jays potato chips. No pasta dishes, unless you want to consider the macaroni salad one.... :tongue:

whitesoxwilkes
08-06-2005, 08:56 AM
From what I remember from the Patio Party I was at in Sept., 2003, it's hot dogs, hamburgers/cheeseburgers, chicken sandwiches, BBQ wings, coleslaw, macaroni salad, potato salad, and Jays potato chips. No pasta dishes, unless you want to consider the macaroni salad one.... :tongue:

How dare you forget the fried chicken!

TornLabrum
08-06-2005, 08:58 AM

Two kinds: mild and spicy.

ChiSoxGirl
08-06-2005, 05:21 PM

My bad! :redface: Like I said, it's been nearly two years since I was at a Patio Party. I think maybe I got the menu from that mixed up with the menu at the Fan Deck Party I was at a couple weeks ago! :rolleyes:

TornLabrum
08-06-2005, 05:32 PM
My bad! :redface: Like I said, it's been nearly two years since I was at a Patio Party. I think maybe I got the menu from that mixed up with the menu at the Fan Deck Party I was at a couple weeks ago! :rolleyes:

The menu I recall from several previous patio parties is:

Hamburgers/Cheeseburgers
Hot Dogs
Chicken (spicy and mild)
BBQ Ribs
Cole Slaw
Potato Salad
Macaroni Salad