PDA

View Full Version : What about Scotty Pods?

twsoxfan5
08-03-2005, 05:08 PM
I was recently visiting MLB.com when I noticed a new players poll. The poll was asking the public to vote for the baseball player that represented speed the most to them. Missing from this list is, you guessed it, Scott Podsednik. The poll is sponsored by Chevy and the question actually asks, which player is most like the Corvette. When I first saw Scotty missing from this I thought that the category might include power b/c the Corvette is powerful and fast. If that would have been the case then it would be fine b/c Scott has not displayed much power at all, but that was not the case. There is a seperate category for power to be voted on some time in the future. I have read plenty of threads about the Sox getting snubbed in the media and I have not really cared, but passing over the MLB leader in steals in a category that is just about speed sucks. This really heated me up and I was just wondering what you guys thought.

Fred Manrique
08-03-2005, 05:11 PM
What players were on it?

soxfan123
08-03-2005, 05:24 PM
:whocares

An MLB.com poll is not phazing me at this point.

Fred Manrique
08-03-2005, 05:28 PM
:whocares

An MLB.com poll is not phazing me at this point.

Nor should it, just curious who are the consensus "fastest" players.

I'm guessing it's Crawford, Pierre, possibly Ichiro, possibly Beltran.

SOXfnNlansing
08-03-2005, 05:31 PM
What are we gonna do in November when mlb or espn has a poll on the worst World Series winners in the past 20 years and the Sox are on the top of the list? :whocares

Fred Manrique
08-03-2005, 05:34 PM
I was recently visiting MLB.com when I noticed a new players poll. The poll was asking the public to vote for the baseball player that represented speed the most to them. Missing from this list is, you guessed it, Scott Podsednik. The poll is sponsored by Chevy and the question actually asks, which player is most like the Corvette. When I first saw Scotty missing from this I thought that the category might include power b/c the Corvette is powerful and fast. If that would have been the case then it would be fine b/c Scott has not displayed much power at all, but that was not the case. There is a seperate category for power to be voted on some time in the future. I have read plenty of threads about the Sox getting snubbed in the media and I have not really cared, but passing over the MLB leader in steals in a category that is just about speed sucks. This really heated me up and I was just wondering what you guys thought.

Even though I claimed not to care, I went over and checked out the poll and this is just six of the thirty-six players you can vote on. My goodness, this will be exciting, who cares about the real games anymore. Maybe, just maybe, Scotty will make the 36.

mdep524
08-03-2005, 05:38 PM
What players were on it? Derek Jeter
Johnny Damon
Corey Patterson
Carlos Beltran
Kerry Woods (fastball)

Rocklive99
08-03-2005, 06:09 PM
Byrnes over Pods?

:bong:

Maybe they're saving him for the round on looks

EDIT: There's also a 'velocity' category, maybe they're using him for that

LuvSox
08-03-2005, 11:56 PM
MLB.com has apparently teamed up with Chevy for a shameless promotion to find out who is the fastest player. http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/fan_forum/chevy/df_vote.jsp

Who are the choices? I'm glad you asked.

Eric Byrnes
Carl Crawford
Orlando Hudson
Juan Pierre
Jimmy rollins
Omar Vizquel

Soooooo, where the hell is Podsednik? You know him, he leads the free world in stolen bases.

Does the Tribune Co. have some interest in General motors?

LuvSox
08-04-2005, 12:01 AM
Ok, somebody beat me to it. Give me some credit, that's a buttload to type when your drunk.

So.ILSoxFan
08-04-2005, 01:16 AM
Wait, Wait! I have a new MLB.com poll!

What is the best team in baseball?

1. New York Yankees
2. Boston Red Sox
3. Chicago Cubs
4. Baltimore Orioles

There's no one missing, is there? I mean, those are the only teams in the league, right?

Fake Chet Lemon
08-04-2005, 04:13 PM
Wait, Wait! I have a new MLB.com poll!

What is the best team in baseball?

1. New York Yankees
2. Boston Red Sox
3. Chicago Cubs
4. Baltimore Orioles

There's no one missing, is there? I mean, those are the only teams in the league, right?

Drop #3 and #4 and ESPN can use it for a poll too.