PDA

View Full Version : RUMOR: Buehrle suspended?!

MsSoxVixen22
08-03-2005, 03:51 PM
Hey guys! Someone I work with just told me that Mark may be suspended and that it was in the Cubune, of course. Anybody know anything about this? I hope the Cubune is wrong and that Mark isn't going to be suspended.

podserifik!
08-03-2005, 03:53 PM
I don't think so but I hope he is not.
How many games did they say 3-5?

PatK
08-03-2005, 03:55 PM
Nothing on the Sox or MLB site.

ilsox7
Hey guys! Someone I work with just told me that Mark may be suspended and that it was in the Cubune, of course. Anybody know anything about this? I hope the Cubune is wrong and that Mark isn't going to be suspended.

Wouldn't surprise me at all given the high fives and whatnot in the dugout when he left the field. MLB may want to make an example of this.

Unregistered
All it says is this:

In a worst-case scenario, Buehrle could receive a suspension.

"I imagine I'll get fined, but I have no idea," Buehrle said. "It's all new to me."

Said Guillen: "He shouldn't be suspended. I'll pay the fine, but I don't think he should be suspended."

Tell your friend his days as a news reporter are over. :cool:

CHISOXFAN13
08-03-2005, 03:56 PM
Wouldn't surprise me at all given the high fives and whatnot in the dugout when he left the field. MLB may want to make an example of this.

As long as MLB understands that the Sox, under Guillen, are not going to take **** like Baltimore and Toronto have pulled lying down.

Surhoff and Adams both knew it was coming. That's baseball, IMO.

HebrewHammer
08-03-2005, 03:57 PM
Hey Dude, What's the Score, Dude?

StockdaleForVeep
Well this will get appealed most likely so regardless of what happens, mark isnt missin a start for a while

Brian26
There's no way Buehrle deserves a suspension on this when a warning hadn't even been issued yet in the game.

ilsox7
As long as MLB understands that the Sox, under Guillen, are not going to take **** like Baltimore and Toronto have pulled lying down.

Surhoff and Adams both knew it was coming. That's baseball, IMO.

It is baseball, but Bud generally doesn't understand what baseball actually is.

Unregistered
08-03-2005, 03:58 PM
Wouldn't surprise me at all given the high fives and whatnot in the dugout when he left the field. MLB may want to make an example of this.The "high fives and whatnot" could have been just as likely for his 5 2/3 innings of solid pitching. To suspend someone for that would be absolutely moronic.

Irishsox1
08-03-2005, 03:59 PM
The only way to get suspended is to get into a fight or admit that you threw at the batter on purpose. A fight never occured and Buehrle said many times that the ball slipped out of his hand. He could be fined, but he I highly doubt he'll be suspended.

Rocklive99
08-03-2005, 04:00 PM
I'm guessing he will get one that won't allow him to miss a start, and if it's more than that, than Canseco should be commishioner

MsSoxVixen22
08-03-2005, 04:00 PM
I don't know any more than what he told me. I hadn't heard anything like that either that's why I was like:?: It wouldn't surprise me though. If this happened to the stupid Cubs everyone would be up in arms about it. Mark is and always will be a class act and leader of the team. I think if he is suspended, Ozzie/KW should do or say something about it. How cool is it that Ozzie is gonna pay Mark's fine! I wonder if Mark will pay Ozzie's fine for being thrown out last nite! :redneck

Brian26
08-03-2005, 04:01 PM
The "high fives and whatnot" could have been just as likely for his 5 2/3 innings of solid pitching. To suspend someone for that would be absolutely moronic.

Completely. What, Buehrle's not allowed to high-five anyone in the dugout because the ump threw him out? He was pitching a hell of a game before that.

Baby Fisk
08-03-2005, 04:02 PM
:hawk
"Aw, COME ON!
You have GOT to be KIDDING ME!
This is BEE ESSSSS!"

tweek57
08-03-2005, 04:07 PM
There's no way Buehrle deserves a suspension on this when a warning hadn't even been issued yet in the game.
According to Major League Baseball, warning both benches is not required, it is a privelege. If the umpire feels he threw at Surhoff intentionally then the umpire has the power to toss Buehrle and MLB would most likely hand down a fine + suspension to any pitcher whom MLB feels intentionally threw at a batter.

IMO Buehrle will recieve a 5 game suspension with a small fine.

Also IMO this is ridiculous.

ilsox7
08-03-2005, 04:09 PM
The "high fives and whatnot" could have been just as likely for his 5 2/3 innings of solid pitching. To suspend someone for that would be absolutely moronic.

I completely agree. But you also need to look at this thru Bud Colored Glasses. I would not be surprised at all if he were suspended.

34rancher
08-03-2005, 06:51 PM
As long as they suspend him for 4 days or less starting after his next start, I don't care...

Funny how every suspension for the league is 5 games or 3 games or 10 games, but for steroids it is measured in DAYS not GAMES....

SO theoretically if the Orioles run into a monster rainout of 8 games in a row, he could not miss a game....another reason that the MLB's policy on rolds is a complete freakin joke...

rmusacch
08-05-2005, 05:49 PM
I don't think so but I hope he is not.
How many games did they say 3-5?

IF he gets suspended, it is going to be a minimum of 5 games. Anything less for a starting pitcher is pointless.

MarySwiss
08-05-2005, 06:22 PM
Well, according to ESPN--which is why I'm not necessarily buying in--Pudge Rodriguez got suspended today for four games for arguing balls and strikes. Supposedly, the "tough" penalty was warranted because he threw stuff out of the dugout.

Although I am by no means a Pudge fan, once again let me see if I got this:

You can argue balls and strikes, but don't throw your shinguards out of the dugout.

But being juiced is okay--until you get caught.

Even then, you'll only be suspended for 10 days--as opposed to games.

S***, based on this rationale, Pudge would've been better off if he got busted for using steriods! And apparently suspensions are now based on--I don't know--whim?

Given these recent developments, who the hell knows how long Buerhle will get suspended for.

And the inmates are--very definitely--running the asylum. Disgusting.

tweek57
08-05-2005, 06:22 PM
Cleveland Indians starter Kevin Millwood was suspended for five games Friday and reliever David Riske for four games for intentionally hitting batters during a game against the Seattle Mariners last week.

Indians manager Eric Wedge and bench coach Robby Thompson were each suspended one game because the beanings came after plate umpire Chris Guccione had issued warnings to both teams.

Mariners right-hander Shigetoshi Hasegawa was fined an undisclosed amount but was not suspended for intentionally hitting Cleveland's Grady Sizemore earlier in the game.

Hasegawa plunked Sizemore in the seventh inning of Cleveland's 10-5 victory at Seattle on July 29. Guccione ejected Hasegawa and warned both clubs.

Millwood retaliated in the home half by hitting Yuniesky Betancourt in the hip with his first pitch. Guccione ejected Millwood and Wedge as both team's benches and bullpens emptied, but no punches were thrown.

Riske hit Ichiro Suzuki in the back in the ninth inning. Guccione then tossed Riske and Thompson, who had taken over managing duties for Wedge.

All four Indians also were fined undisclosed amounts.

Wedge was expected to miss Friday night's game at Detroit, while Thompson is scheduled to sit out Saturday's game. Millwood and Riske were scheduled to begin their suspensions Friday night unless they file appeals.

Both Millwood and Riske were suspended for intentionally hitting a batter. This does not bode well for Buehrle. I'm thinking he's going to recieve a 5 game suspension.

DaleJRFan
08-05-2005, 06:30 PM
Mariners right-hander Shigetoshi Hasegawa was fined an undisclosed amount but was not suspended for intentionally hitting Cleveland's Grady Sizemore earlier in the game.

Hasegawa plunked Sizemore in the seventh inning of Cleveland's 10-5 victory at Seattle on July 29. Guccione ejected Hasegawa and warned both clubs.

I wouldn't worry about it. I find it highly unlikely. Even if he does, it's some added rest.