PDA

View Full Version : Silvy and Carmen Contest

Heffalump
08-03-2005, 09:40 AM
Just an FYI for everybody.......

These guys are having a contest for two Scout Seat tickets. Fans have to email them suggestions for promotions/ideas for Sox games. Silvy, Carmen, and Brooks Boyer will pick a winner. The Sox Marketing team will then consider using it for an actual game.

Emails have to be in by Friday.

GO Sox !!

IlliniSox
08-03-2005, 09:42 AM
Just an FYI for everybody.......

These guys are having a contest for two Scout Seat tickets. Fans have to email them suggestions for promotions/ideas for Sox games. Silvy, Carmen, and Brooks Boyer will pick a winner. The Sox Marketing team will then consider using it for an actual game.

Emails have to be in by Friday.

GO Sox !!

Address?

Heffalump
08-03-2005, 09:50 AM
Address?

Man, do I have to come up with a promotion idea for you too?

silvyandcarmen@espnradio1000.com

BearSox
08-03-2005, 10:07 AM
I've sent mine in! Did they say when they'll be reading them on air?

riverside marked as a troll again
08-03-2005, 10:17 AM
I suggest unisex bathroom night:gulp:

soxruleEP
08-03-2005, 01:56 PM
How about this:

Random Cub Fan Beating Night

Three Cubiots wearing their kindergarten-color North Side regalia to the Cell will be selected at random. Three Sox fans wearing their team's classic styles will also be selected at random and issued a Louisville Slugger. Using the Universal Sign for Stupidity on the Cubiots' hats as a target, the Sox fans will attempt to knock the Cubiots off their feet.

Laying a Cubiot out with a single swing will earn a $50 cash card from LaSalle Bank for the Sox fans.

Cubiots still standing after the swing will win a functioning brain cell.

Heffalump
08-03-2005, 02:09 PM
How about this:

Random Cub Fan Beating Night

Three Cubiots wearing their kindergarten-color North Side regalia to the Cell will be selected at random. Three Sox fans wearing their team's classic styles will also be selected at random and issued a Louisville Slugger. Using the Universal Sign for Stupidity on the Cubiots' hats as a target, the Sox fans will attempt to knock the Cubiots off their feet.

Laying a Cubiot out with a single swing will earn a $50 cash card from LaSalle Bank for the Sox fans.

Cubiots still standing after the swing will win a functioning brain cell.

Lets go one step further and have "North Side/Roman Empire Day" to honor our friends from "Wrigley Stadium." We flood the Cell and fill it with crocodiles, sharks, etc. We place a small island behind second base that holds a solid gold version of Ron Santo's prosethic legs and a pass for admittance to the HOF. Cub fans are then thrown onto the "playing field" and must swim to the island to claim their prize for Ronnie.

Sox fans sit back and enjoy.

After the action, The Sodfather, using his groundskeeping genius, drains and prepares the field in 20 minutes. The Sox then defeat the Cubs 39-0.

the gooch
08-03-2005, 02:50 PM
last kids day of the year, first 500 kids get an oompa-loompa outfit for halloween. willy wonka marches them in the outfield during 7th stretch.

or have it half-way to halloween day on april 31st (a day that doesnt exist)

the gooch
08-03-2005, 03:07 PM
how about a ceremony where they give out 2005 world series rings?

Mercy!
08-03-2005, 03:38 PM
A "We Hate The Chevy Pride Crew" Night

First 5000 fans through the turnstiles receive rolled-up tee shirts. Between innings we throw them at the Chevy Pride Crew. During the 7th inning, the entire crew is ejected from the game - forever.

Tekijawa
08-03-2005, 03:42 PM
Disco Demolition night!!! We'll get rid of that awful music once and for all!

IlliniSox
08-03-2005, 03:56 PM

Nicely done.

ClaudelSleptHere
08-03-2005, 05:14 PM

Oh, can't do that one without the approval of Steve Dahl, who has copyrighted the term...........

BearSox
08-05-2005, 09:27 AM
They haven't announced the finalists yet but they did announce the non finalists and unfortunately my kazoo night promotion where everyone gets a white sox kazoo and gets to play along with Nancy and try to break the worlds record for largest kazoo band flopped with them :(: . You still have till 10 to get ideas into them.

Heffalump
08-05-2005, 10:33 AM
They mentioned my idea of a "guess what Ozzie is saying" contest.

I guess that means I am a non-finalist.

Too bad they don't at least mention the person's name/town that sent in each idea.

Oh well.

GO SOX !!

TornLabrum
08-05-2005, 10:35 AM
They haven't announced the finalists yet but they did announce the non finalists and unfortunately my kazoo night promotion where everyone gets a white sox kazoo and gets to play along with Nancy and try to break the worlds record for largest kazoo band flopped with them :(: . You still have till 10 to get ideas into them.

They had a promotion similar to that years ago.

BearSox
08-05-2005, 11:12 AM
They mentioned my idea of a "guess what Ozzie is saying" contest.

I guess that means I am a non-finalist.

Too bad they don't at least mention the person's name/town that sent in each idea.

Oh well.

GO SOX !!

I thought I heard them say that they would use your idea as one of their own radio contests.

Heffalump
08-05-2005, 11:18 AM
I thought I heard them say that they would use your idea as one of their own radio contests.

I must of missed that. Anyway, still not even a "Steve from Vernon Hills says...."

Oh well.

GO SOX !!

Tragg
08-05-2005, 11:27 AM
I suggest that KW trade for Arizona Diamondbacks (and former Green Wave signee) minor league pitcher Casey Daigle, promote him to the majors, and then we can have Jennie Finch Day at the Cell, in honor of Daigle's lovely wife.

And you can never go wrong with Beanie Babies - that would be cool, "finch" is a bird, do a beanie babie of a finch.

mantis1212
08-05-2005, 12:16 PM
I suggest that KW trade for Arizona Diamondbacks (and former Green Wave signee) minor league pitcher Casey Daigle, promote him to the majors, and then we can have Jennie Finch Day at the Cell, in honor of Daigle's lovely wife.

And you can never go wrong with Beanie Babies - that would be cool, "finch" is a bird, do a beanie babie of a finch.

Or maybe a barbie doll that looks like Jenny, simliar to this:
http://www.angelfire.com/il2/cubssuck/blackbarbiebaseballLG.gif

That would be cool