PDA

View Full Version : Canseco Writing Second Book

Viva Medias B's
08-03-2005, 07:04 AM
According to Jose Canseco, steroid use in baseball was not limited to those named in his book. According to Chris DeLuca's article (http://www.suntimes.com/output/sports/cst-spt-jose03.html) today in the Sun-Times, Canseco is writing a sequel to Juiced which promises to name more players and include enabling managers, team medical personnel, and front office personnel.

:tool
Gulp.

TornLabrum
08-03-2005, 07:44 AM
As one of the more famous major league managers said when the Palmeiro revelation came out:

http://tsa.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/p1005168reg.jpg
"I don't know anything about steroids."

mccoydp
08-03-2005, 08:34 AM
This book is going to be good. I'm going to read the first one now; my interest is piqued.

samram
08-03-2005, 08:45 AM
According to Jose Canseco, steroid use in baseball was not limited to those named in his book. According to Chris DeLuca's article (http://www.suntimes.com/output/sports/cst-spt-jose03.html) today in the Sun-Times, Canseco is writing a sequel to Juiced which promises to name more players and include enabling managers, team medical personnel, and front office personnel.

:tool
Gulp.

Enabling Managers?

http://www.dustybaker.com/images/DustyHomeUni%20small.jpg
"C'mon dude, these are are grown men, you know? I can't stop them from doing what they do, dude. I didn't even know they were taking that stuff, you know? Hey Darren, come on over here."

KnightSox
08-03-2005, 08:53 AM
More names,more denials, and Canseco's credibility questioned.It will be intresting to hear new names while MLB plays it off thinking we are all stupid.

NardiWasHere
08-03-2005, 11:35 AM
Biggest Juicer Exposed in Part 2? Chris Singleton

soltrain21
08-03-2005, 11:37 AM
He better not mention Frank just to stir some trouble up.

PaleHoseGeorge
08-03-2005, 11:53 AM
This followup book sounds like Jose Canseco's revenge on Tony LaRussa, especially after last winter's 60 Minutes piece where LaRussa lashed out at the revelations (now largely admitted/proven) in Canseco's first book.

I've been posting here for months that this story would take on a life of its own and nothing MLB could do would stop it. Nothing would make me happier than if a guy like Tony LaRussa got run over by this runaway bus of a story simply because he was stupid enough to step in front of it. What a dope! Serves him right.
:cool:

This is baseball's biggest scandal since the Black Sox... and we're not even close to reaching the bottom of it yet.

It's looking more and more like Scammy might be the smartest juicer of them all. He has covered his bases every step of the way. Isn't it time somebody starts asking him tough questions about that big bag of money he lost in the hotel lobby? Or ask the Cubs whatever happened to the barrel end of Scammy's corked bat, still missing inside the Urinal? Or issue a blanket apology to the SI reporter for ripping him publicly for nothing more than sincerely asking Scammy to be the first to pee into a cup to prove his innocence? Or how about asking Scammy about his definition of "illegal asteroids", too?

I'm sure somebody in the Chicago media will see fit to stop their tacit admission of being coconspirators for never asking these questions in the first place.

:knue
"We aren't coconspirators. We were ACTIVELY conspiring to hide the evidence all these years!"

chaerulez
08-03-2005, 11:58 AM
LaRussa, while he is a good manager, is one of the most arrogant and overall pieces of crap in the game of baseball. I hope he does get named in this new book along with anyone else who actually did enable steroid use. Really, there isn't a reason not to believe Canseco now.

Rocklive99
08-03-2005, 11:58 AM
He talked about this on his CNBC interview. He said he's going to call it "Vindicated", and it's going to be more about the innerworkings and corruption of Major League Baseball and the Player's Association, that we couldn't guess how things go on (in a negative way), and mostly fueled by being blackballed out of the game

Brian26
08-03-2005, 12:04 PM
Quite honestly, Canseco should donate a percentage of any proceeds beginning yesterday to the sale of his current book or any future books to Rafael Palmeiro. Palmeiro's announced ****-up is going to make Mr. Canseco a lot more money.

Tekijawa
08-03-2005, 01:13 PM
McCarthy list Part 2!!! Let me coin the new Phrase Cansecoism!

wdelaney72
08-03-2005, 01:21 PM
I can see it now, Jose Canseco... 2-time best selling author. What is this world coming to?

I never read or bought "Juiced". I think the media gave us a detailed account of the book.

This new one, if it is indeed about the corrupt inner-workings of MLB, sparks a lot more interest to me than the steroid users. Most of us have seen with our own eyes who was likely using.

SoxSpeed22
08-03-2005, 01:26 PM
:hawk"We on 7-second delay here? He's a w***e. That's what he is, he's a w***e!"

jdm2662
08-03-2005, 02:11 PM
Well Canseco should thank Palmero for all this. While I have to agree Canseco is an egomanic, only looking for attention, money, and out for himself, the fact is, someone had to reveal the frauds MLB is. The Palmero testing gives Canseco credibility, while sad, it's reality. I wouldn't doubt Canesco may be padding the facts, per say, but it appears he's on track with telling the truth.
________
Medical Marijuana Patient (http://mmjp.org)

Madvora
08-03-2005, 03:02 PM
I just thought of something. If Canseco is going after the higher-ups, would that mean he's going to mention George Bush in this?
You better believe a direct accusation of the president of the United States is going to help you sell books.

He made some references to him before, but I wonder what's actually going to come out in this one.

NDSox12
08-03-2005, 03:40 PM
I just thought of something. If Canseco is going after the higher-ups, would that mean he's going to mention George Bush in this?
You better believe a direct accusation of the president of the United States is going to help you sell books.

He made some references to him before, but I wonder what's actually going to come out in this one.

He already made that accusation in the first book. Is he just going to re-write the same book? That should be a fun read.

jshanahanjr
08-03-2005, 04:39 PM
Scumseco is how he's known among the baseball fraternity. He's a piece of crap! Sell yourself out if you want, but don't take down others and the game that made you a weathly famous jerk off!

PaleHoseGeorge
08-03-2005, 04:49 PM
Scumseco is how he's known among the baseball fraternity. He's a piece of crap! Sell yourself out if you want, but don't take down others and the game that made you a weathly famous jerk off!

To hell with the truth? Let's all keep believing the lies and charades guys like Scammy created for us?

:kukoo:

Podzilla_40
08-03-2005, 04:55 PM

Scrumseco? Clever play on words buddy. He can take down as many people as he wants if he's being honest. I believe Canseco fully, steroids were and still are a horrible problem, and managers like LaRussa were enablers.

FarWestChicago
08-03-2005, 05:02 PM
Scumseco is how he's known among the baseball fraternity. He's a piece of crap! Sell yourself out if you want, but don't take down others and the game that made you a weathly famous jerk off!:nandrolone

I love this guy!! I wouldn't be hitting .230 if more people were like him!

tstrike2000
08-03-2005, 06:24 PM
LaRussa, while he is a good manager, is one of the most arrogant and overall pieces of crap in the game of baseball. I hope he does get named in this new book along with anyone else who actually did enable steroid use. Really, there isn't a reason not to believe Canseco now.

I disagree on your last two counts. I don't think LaRussa is one of the most arrogant people around and a piece of crap. I think he's a proven winner with a great track record and I found him engaging when I talked to him at Soxfest last year and my wife and I donated to his animal rescue foundation. Also, there is reason to not believe Conseco because he's a pompous jerk that will slander reputations to make money. While I do believe he knows things, the problem is there's probably a lot of half truths in there.

PaleHoseGeorge
08-03-2005, 06:55 PM
....Also, there is reason to not believe Conseco because he's a pompous jerk that will slander reputations to make money. While I do believe he knows things, the problem is there's probably a lot of half truths in there.

What!
:o:

The "half" that has already been proven true (Palmiero's guilt, McGwire's nolo contendere, Giambi's teary-eyed apology, Bonds' confession, Scammy's "beisbol been berry berry gud to meh" shtick) is MORE THAN ENOUGH TO PROVE WHO HAS BEEN LYING AND HIDING THE TRUTH FROM US!

:kukoo:

SomebodyToldMe
08-03-2005, 11:03 PM
I'll buy this book.

And let's hope he gives us more insight about this season of the Surreal Life!

Wait, I dunno if i want that in teal or not.

The Dude
08-03-2005, 11:16 PM

Bud, is that you???

StockdaleForVeep
08-03-2005, 11:42 PM
Maybe its gonna just be a list and say
"These guys used roids" and it will be longer than some peoples' sigs on here who list their win\loss record this year

Optipessimism
08-03-2005, 11:52 PM
Also, there is reason to not believe Conseco because he's a pompous jerk that will slander reputations to make money. While I do believe he knows things, the problem is there's probably a lot of half truths in there.

If it was slander, don't you think someone would have filed a lawsuit by now? Don't you think that if McGuire hadn't used any substances he would be kind of pissed that Canseco's comments are likely to kill his HOF status?

A while after Canseco's book some idiot sportswriter treid to say that Bo Jackson was on roids. Bo heard about it and went straight to his lawyer, who forced the paper to print a retraction and also threated legal action. Why didn't these other guys in Canseco's book do the same thing? Because they would probably be proven wrong in court and their careers would have been forever spit upon.

True, like any other drug addict, Canseco could always use some more money. But I'd rather give it to him for telling the truth and exposing all this than give it to a guy like Sosa to further damage the sport.

Kudos to Canseco and whatever negative motivations he may have. It forced Bud 'It's not an issue until you're slammed in the media' Selig to do something about it.

Frankfan4life
08-07-2005, 09:47 PM
Enabling Managers?

http://www.dustybaker.com/images/DustyHomeUni%20small.jpg
"C'mon dude, these are are grown men, you know? I can't stop them from doing what they do, dude. I didn't even know they were taking that stuff, you know? Hey Darren, come on over here.":roflmao:

Lip Man 1
08-07-2005, 10:27 PM
If as is rumored Canseco's next book will implicate team doctors and general managers it will be bigger in my opinion, then the Pete Rose situation. Here you have team officials (according to Canseco) knowingly breaking rules and regulations and perhaps damaging the health of individuals in order to win games. (Sounds like the NFL in 'North Dallas Forty' doesn't it?)

That's a serious charge. I'll have to see who he names and what details he offers.

Lip

Ron Karkovice
08-08-2005, 12:36 AM
yay! His first book was a fun quick read... seriously.