PDA

View Full Version : Predict the date of the Sox Clincher....

Heffalump
08-02-2005, 05:40 PM
Yes, I am bored.

Please make your prediction for when the Sox will clinch. I am trying to figure out the most logical scenario(s) so that I can plan/gamble to buy some tickets for a road trip clincher (Minnesota anyone?) or snag some more tix for a home clincher.

Thank you, please drive through.

BNLSox
08-02-2005, 05:42 PM
Based on nothing more than a hunch, I think the magic number will drop from its current place at 44 all the way to 0 in 41 days. By my calculations that is 9/11. Eerrie.... But I have a feeling.

jackbrohamer
08-02-2005, 05:43 PM
Even with a 15 game lead on Aug. 2, I'm too superstitious to do it

cleanwsox
08-02-2005, 05:49 PM
September 16th in Minnesota. Just a hunch.

DumpJerry
08-02-2005, 05:53 PM
Come on gang, it has to be September 8th, the date of the Core of the Core game! We, more than anyone else, deserve to be at the clincher!

Personally, clinching would be anti-climatic for me. If we were in a tight race where the WC is not possible, then clinching the Division Title would be a super day. However, when it is totally ours to lose, then it become inevitable. I'm saving my adrenaline for the post-season.

MarySwiss
08-02-2005, 05:53 PM
I'll take Sept. 9 at home against the Angels, for no other reason than that's the last day the '69 Cubs were in 1st place. Kismet.

Ol' No. 2
08-02-2005, 06:02 PM
Mathematically, if the Sox and Indians both continue to play at their current win%, it will take 38 more games, which puts it at Sept 13 in KC. The Sox have a bit of a tough schedule in that period, and the Indians a bit weak. So I'm going with Sept 17 in Minny, just because that game's not televised and that's the way these things always seem to work out.:(: Hopefully, the Indians will heat up and extend it until the next week when the Sox play them at home.:smile:

MIgrenade
08-02-2005, 06:55 PM
Mathematically, if the Sox and Indians both continue to play at their current win%, it will take 38 more games, which puts it at Sept 13 in KC. The Sox have a bit of a tough schedule in that period, and the Indians a bit weak. So I'm going with Sept 17 in Minny, just because that game's not televised and that's the way these things always seem to work out.:(: Hopefully, the Indians will heat up and extend it until the next week when the Sox play them at home.:smile:

Ok, but what are the chances that clinching on that day means that the bad luck for the season is used up. That's pretty bad timing and maybe that means the White Sox can go a little deeper. There's always a bright side.

DumpJerry
08-02-2005, 06:59 PM
So I'm going with Sept 17 in Minny, just because that game's not televised and that's the way these things always seem to work out.:(:
Why isn't it on telly? Does anyone know?

Ol' No. 2
08-02-2005, 07:03 PM
Why isn't it on telly? Does anyone know?It's a very early start (11:10 am) because UMinn is using the dome for a football game that same night. But that doesn't explain why it's not televised. :dunno:

delben91
08-02-2005, 07:07 PM
Even with a 15 game lead on Aug. 2, I'm too superstitious to do it

That makes two of us.

ChiSoxPatF
08-02-2005, 09:18 PM
Although I don't like talking about it, Sept. 8th would be sweeet.

Palehose13
08-02-2005, 09:56 PM
I was hoping for September 24th or 25th cause I bought those tickets in Januaury hoping that they would clinch that weekend.

September 8th would be sweet, but isn't that just a little too early?

chisoxmike
08-02-2005, 10:41 PM
I'd like them to do it at home. My brother and I were talking about it, he said it wouldn't be a big deal. Although the Sox have a chance to clinch with a big lead, I still think it should be a big celebration, we haven't won one since 2000, we are the best team in baseball. But, hopefully, that won't be the biggest celebration of the year...:)

DSpivack
08-02-2005, 10:46 PM
It's a very early start (11:10 am) because UMinn is using the dome for a football game that same night. But that doesn't explain why it's not televised. :dunno:

Hopefully mlb.com will still have it-- I will be at school by then and [if I don't have class or work-study or whatever have you] watching all the games I can down the stretch.

LongLiveFisk
08-02-2005, 10:53 PM
For some reason, Sept 12 came to mind but since I see that's an off day, I will go with Sept 13, my nephew's b-day who is a HUGE Sox fan! :cool:

chisoxmike
08-02-2005, 10:53 PM
That makes two of us.

There is no relief until the flag is raised at the park.:D:

Stroker Ace
08-03-2005, 12:36 AM
I don't like to put my eggs in 1 basket, but just give it to em' now. THIS TEAM IS FOR REAL!

Jerome
08-03-2005, 01:47 AM
Based on nothing more than a hunch, I think the magic number will drop from its current place at 44 all the way to 0 in 41 days. By my calculations that is 9/11. Eerrie.... But I have a feeling.

I belive you are right. Then the Cubune will have a headline similar to the legendary 'somber streak' like it is somehow the Sox' fault for clinching on that day. Of course it won't even get top Billing (and rightfully so :D: ) becuase Da Bears open on 9/11 anyways.

Bisco Stu
08-03-2005, 02:06 AM
Since I'm WSI's biggest conspiracy buff, it's gotta be 9/11.

podserifik!
08-03-2005, 02:14 AM
Hey, well I am new so tell me if I mess up or any need to know things.

Anyways, I think that the Sox will clinch September 10th and the Bears will win their first game on the 11th, or the Sox might clinch it on the 11th.

Heffalump
08-03-2005, 01:14 PM
I belive you are right. Then the Cubune will have a headline similar to the legendary 'somber streak' like it is somehow the Sox' fault for clinching on that day. Of course it won't even get top Billing (and rightfully so :D: ) becuase Da Bears open on 9/11 anyways.

The Cubune's headline will be something to the effect of :

"CUBS EXTEND ONE GAME WINNING STREAK"

"SOX MAGIC NUMBER DOWN to 0."