PDA

View Full Version : Mariners AAA pitching staff

Ol' No. 2
08-02-2005, 03:49 PM
Franklin suspended, Sele cut and Nelson on bereavement list. All three have been replaced by AAA callups. I guess they needed to get younger, anyway.:o:

Fortunately, the Sox seem to have shaken this particular jinx this year.

Mr. White Sox
08-02-2005, 03:50 PM
Do you know if they called up a guy named Fernandez? He's supposed to be an absolute stud pitcher, and he's only 18.

Tekijawa
08-02-2005, 03:50 PM
when was the last time we won against a Call up or AAA pitcher? This might not be a good thing!

Podzilla_40
08-02-2005, 03:53 PM
Do you know if they called up a guy named Fernandez? He's supposed to be an absolute stud pitcher, and he's only 18.

That's Felix Hernandez, and yes, I think they did.

Mr. White Sox
08-02-2005, 03:54 PM
That's Felix Hernandez, and yes, I think they did.

Yeah, I just remembered that was his name, sorry for the mixup. This guy has so many people complimenting his stuff, I actually hope the Sox face him.

EDIT: I just searched around a bit for him, and here's a little bit of info on him, as well as other top prospects.
LINK (http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/3641804)

JRIG
08-02-2005, 04:20 PM
Yeah, I just remembered that was his name, sorry for the mixup. This guy has so many people complimenting his stuff, I actually hope the Sox face him.

EDIT: I just searched around a bit for him, and here's a little bit of info on him, as well as other top prospects.
LINK (http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/3641804)

He turned 19 in April, by the way.

Ol' No. 2
08-02-2005, 04:22 PM

LINK (http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/3641804)He's pencilled in to start on Thursday, so the Sox will likely miss him.

MarySwiss
08-02-2005, 05:37 PM
Am I understanding this correctly? We're worried because the Mariners DON'T have any pitching?

I mean, I well understand how we Chicago sports fans tend to freak out over every little thing, but come on, Felix Hernandez? Let's at least wait until he actually does something before we worry about whether or not we have to face him.

Mr. White Sox
08-02-2005, 05:39 PM
Am I understanding this correctly? We're worried because the Mariners DON'T have any pitching?

I mean, I well understand how we Chicago sports fans tend to freak out over every little thing, but come on, Felix Hernandez? Let's at least wait until he actually does something before we worry about whether or not we have to face him.

I never said that I was worried. I said I'd love to see the Sox play him because he supposedly has the best arm in a long time...I'd love to watch him pitch for that reason and see if he lives up to expectations, albeit in an extremely limited sample size.

MIgrenade
08-02-2005, 06:00 PM

The problem is that the White Sox always lose to guys they have never seen before, especially AAA guys. It's a weird thing but you can't overlook it.

delben91
08-02-2005, 06:05 PM
The problem is that the White Sox always lose to guys they have never seen before, especially AAA guys. It's a weird thing but you can't overlook it.

I'm not going to look through the starters for every Sox game this year, but I'd venture the Sox have fared much better this year against unseen pitchers with a balanced attack than they have in past years with their slugging, all or nothing attack.

MarySwiss
08-02-2005, 06:09 PM

I understand the concern, but that was then, this is now. The Sox always didn't used to be 15+ games ahead in the division either. ("always didn't used to be?" Well, you guys know what I mean!)

And I don't think we need to worry about losing to AAA guys because Ozzie, AJ, Pods, Dye, etc. just will not let that happen. Not this year!

MIgrenade
08-02-2005, 06:16 PM
I understand the concern, but that was then, this is now. The Sox always didn't used to be 15+ games ahead in the division either. ("always didn't used to be?" Well, you guys know what I mean!)

And I don't think we need to worry about losing to AAA guys because Ozzie, AJ, Pods, Dye, etc. just will not let that happen. Not this year!

I didn't say you had to be worried about it, I'm just pointing out that it has happened a lot recently.
On the other hand, the Sox continue to lose to Oakland despite having the best record in baseball so sometimes trends do continue.