PDA

View Full Version : 1st time all season-no slumping hitters

hawkjt
08-02-2005, 02:43 PM
It seems like for the first time all year everybody in the lineup is hitting quite well. Now we need to bottle this for the playoffs.

Stay healthy and the sox should score enough to get by.

I think our BA will be rising based on the last couple of weeks. Or maybe it is that o's pitching. Now the jays come in without halladay and seattle without franklin. Our confidence should be good going into the feared stretch in Aug.

Tekijawa
08-02-2005, 02:46 PM
Thanks for the No-Hitter tonight DJ!

Steakpita
08-02-2005, 02:47 PM
::knock on wood::

UofCSoxFan
08-02-2005, 02:50 PM
Thanks for the No-Hitter tonight DJ!

You beat me to it...lol.

It's like yelling at the guy at the plate, "Stay hot kid"...it's the kiss of death...there is no way he's making contact let alone getting a hit.

BigEdWalsh
08-02-2005, 02:50 PM
:DJ Uh-oh...........

pdimas
08-02-2005, 03:04 PM
You beat me to it...lol.

It's like yelling at the guy at the plate, "Stay hot kid"...it's the kiss of death...there is no way he's making contact let alone getting a hit.

Oh man you said it. McCarthy's last game up he started well. Then my dad goes hey he's got a no hitter going so far. I let him know that he just jinxed McCarthy. Of course my dad the hard head that he is says ahh it doesn't matter I can say it all I want. Finally I couldn't take it (knowing that we were for sure jinxed) I looked at my dad and said that's it now we're screwed I'm goin to the bathroom cause i don't want to see. No sooner do I say this but next pitch homerun. When I got back to the seat I gave my dad a look that said see what did i tell you and everyone laughed.

TomParrish79
08-02-2005, 03:06 PM
Jinx!!

Flight #24
08-02-2005, 03:08 PM
::knock on wood::

http://pics.forecaster.ca/mlb-player/1473.gif

Hey, you guys keep knockin on me and I'm gonna have to go back on the DL!

CHIsoxNation
08-02-2005, 03:08 PM
DJ? Is that you? Great :(:

balke
08-02-2005, 03:11 PM
Towers is a pretty good pitcher, and I'm not sure if we'll see Chacin, but he's put together a couple good starts back to back I believe. Toronto knows how to win, with or without Halladay.

I believe Sexson is hitting like .400 since the beginning of July with 8 or so Hr's. Ichiro is hitting about .400 in that time frame as well. These games aren't going to be easy. Just like KC wasn't "easy". Hope the Sox can keep the win streak going though, it'd be nice to put a real long one (10+) together before the season is done.

twsoxfan5
08-02-2005, 03:32 PM
I knew this was a jinx thread before I even opened it. Put this in the same place as "I know it's early but who would Cubs fans route for if we played the Cardinals in the World Series." Everyone please stop with the jinxes.

Baby Fisk
08-02-2005, 03:34 PM
:DJ
"Toronto can barely beat mediocre teams. I predict a sweep!"

nedlug
08-02-2005, 03:50 PM
:DJ
Just look at this guy. Classic.

BeviBall!
08-02-2005, 04:07 PM
Unbelieveable. Josh Towers line 9 IP 2 H 14 K 0 ER.

spawn
08-02-2005, 04:13 PM
I believe Sexson is hitting like .400 since the beginning of July with 8 or so Hr's. Ichiro is hitting about .400 in that time frame as well. These games aren't going to be easy. Just like KC wasn't "easy". Hope the Sox can keep the win streak going though, it'd be nice to put a real long one (10+) together before the season is done.

We'll remember that when they're playing Seattle...But we're playing the Blue Jays for the next three nights...:D:

DumpJerry
08-02-2005, 04:37 PM
Hold on....nobody is slumping at the plate? Don't we still have Timo? Oh yeah, 0-4 is normal for him, not a slump.

BFirebird
08-02-2005, 04:43 PM
towers, bush and mcgowan (whoever that is)....i wouldnt be too worried, as long as we can CATCH THE BALL this series.

and our offense is coming around a bit....guys seem to be hitting up the middle and to the right side a little more often. avg will go up. :bandance: