PDA

View Full Version : Shingo in yankee pinstripes?

rowand33
08-02-2005, 02:57 PM
from rotoworld:

The Yankees are said to have ''tepid interest'' in Shingo Takatsu.
Lukewarm interest is nothing to get excited about, but then again, the Yankees are somewhat desperate for pitching right now. Aug. 2 - 9:14 am et
Source: New York Daily News (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/story/333613p-285046c.html)

For Shingo's sake, I hope this doesn't happen.

The pressure would kill the poor guy.

tlebar318
08-02-2005, 03:00 PM
I still don't understand why a National League team won't take a chance on him.

wdelaney72
08-02-2005, 03:00 PM
Two words... "batting practice".

shaunburnette
08-02-2005, 03:01 PM
the best part about this is the fact we still have all of our games with the Yankees remaining.

from rotoworld:

The Yankees are said to have ''tepid interest'' in Shingo Takatsu.
Lukewarm interest is nothing to get excited about, but then again, the Yankees are somewhat desperate for pitching right now. Aug. 2 - 9:14 am et
Source: New York Daily News (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/story/333613p-285046c.html)

For Shingo's sake, I hope this doesn't happen.

The pressure would kill the poor guy.

samram
08-02-2005, 03:22 PM
I still don't understand why a National League team won't take a chance on him.

Me either. If TB signed Joe Borowski, I've got to think someone would give Shingo a chance.

MarySwiss
08-02-2005, 03:43 PM
I really, really hope this isn't true. I don't want to have to root against Shingo.

:(:

BigHurtEm35
08-02-2005, 03:54 PM
Lets hope that some how it doesnt bite us back. If he finds his stuff it could be deadly for one inning of set up/shut down work. I know our players have seen him but how many have actually faced him?

LuvSox
08-02-2005, 04:03 PM
The Yankees will sign just about anybody. I'm going to have my agent tell Cashman I'm available. I'll be pitching by Friday.

DickAllen72
08-02-2005, 04:06 PM
the best part about this is the fact we still have all of our games with the Yankees remaining.

Can you imagine Paul Konerko trying to hit Shingo? LOL! He'd probably break his back chasing one of those frisbees.

We all know
how great our hitters are against junk ball pitchers!

I wish Shingo well wherever he goes---just don't let it be the Cubs! :angry:

MHOUSE
08-02-2005, 04:13 PM
Can you imagine Paul Konerko trying to hit Shingo? LOL! He'd probably break his back chasing one of those frisbees.

We all know

I'd rather see Uribe come out of his cleats swinging at that 60 mph frisbee.

TaylorStSox
08-02-2005, 04:24 PM
I hope so. Since he can't throw his fastball for strikes, our guys can sit on that change and LAUNCH.

wdelaney72
08-03-2005, 02:24 PM

We all know

I wish Shingo well wherever he goes---just don't let it be the Cubs! :angry:

Actually, all the players have to do is stand up there with the bat on their sholders and take the walk. The Frisbee is useless when it's not being thrown for a strike.

SoxSpeed22
08-03-2005, 02:31 PM
Actually, all the players have to do is stand up there with the bat on their sholders and take the walk. The Frisbee is useless when it's not being thrown for a strike.That was the problem. The only pitch he could get over the plate was his BP fastball. I'd hate to see him end up in a pitching cesspool like Tampa or Cincy or Colorado.

Madvora
08-03-2005, 03:04 PM
I really, really hope this isn't true. I don't want to have to root against Shingo.

:(:
That's how I felt about Loaiza pitching against Boston last year in the playoffs. I wanted the Yankees to lose, but I didn't want Loaiza to cause it. He pitched awesome though for more than two innings in an extra inning game if I remember correctly. The someone else blew it. That worked out perfectly.

- EDIT - I was wrong. Loaiza did lose it, but threw 3.1 innings with 1 ER.
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/gameLog?gameId=241018102

skottyj242
08-03-2005, 03:07 PM
Maybe by going to the Yankmees and pitching against the Sox in the playoffs, Shingo's promise of "making us happy in October" will be fullfilled.

Should that have been in teal?

slavko
08-03-2005, 03:57 PM
That was the problem. The only pitch he could get over the plate was his BP fastball. I'd hate to see him end up in a pitching cesspool like Tampa or Cincy or Colorado.

85 MPH, but it did move. That alone made him better than BK(my fingers won't type the name.) I'll miss him. (No, not BK.)