PDA

View Full Version : Red Sox Screw Over Rockies

Unregistered
08-02-2005, 12:11 PM
''I will talk with the commissioner, believe me. World Champions? If that's what it takes to be a World Champion, then people are right, we may never be one, because we don't operate and treat other organizations like that."

So apparently this was why the Rockies traded Eric Byrnes for Larry Bigbie. It wasn't supposed to be a direct swap: the Rockies were going to then turn around and deal Bigbie to the Red Sox for Kelly Shoppach and Adam Stern. Thanks to the Manny Ramirez trade talk, the Red Sox nixed the deal at the last minute and the Rockies were left with a player they don't need.

I love these trade deadline dramas.

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2005/08/02/rocky_pique_is_high/

maurice
08-02-2005, 12:46 PM
This after the "confusion" over Minnesota's role in the Garciapara trade last year.

Ol' No. 2
08-02-2005, 01:40 PM
So apparently this was why the Rockies traded Eric Byrnes for Larry Bigbie. It wasn't supposed to be a direct swap: the Rockies were going to then turn around and deal Bigbie to the Red Sox for Kelly Shoppach and Adam Stern. Thanks to the Manny Ramirez trade talk, the Red Sox nixed the deal at the last minute and the Rockies were left with a player they don't need.

I love these trade deadline dramas.

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2005/08/02/rocky_pique_is_high/As much as it pains me to side with the Red Sox, it looks to me like the Rox just jumped the gun. The Red Sox offer explicitly said it was subject to ownership approval and was not signed.

Rule#1: If you don't have a signed offer, you don't have ****.

fquaye149
08-02-2005, 01:45 PM
''I will talk with the commissioner, believe me. World Champions? If that's what it takes to be a World Champion, then people are right, we may never be one, because we don't operate and treat other organizations like that."

It's not the way you operate and treat other organizations that is stopping you from becoming World Champions. It's something called playing a mile above sea level.

And honestly - don't flip a trade that is contingent on another trade that hasn't happened yet. Just another example of Rockies incompetence.

wdelaney72
08-02-2005, 02:17 PM
Buyer beware. This is why teams do 3-way trades. What an idiot.