PDA

View Full Version : Hawk's Outburst 8/1/05

Madvora
08-02-2005, 08:36 AM
Does anyone have the audio or video and audio of Hawk's call last night?

I only got to hear the game on the radio and I heard that Hawk went ballistic after Buehrle's ejection.
If anyone has that please post it because I'm real interested in hearing it.

Here's the story from the Tribune...
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-050801hawk,1,3150613.story?coll=cs-whitesox-headlines

- EDIT - AUDIO LINK BELOW!

MsSoxVixen22
08-02-2005, 09:33 AM
When I got home from work last nite I watched the replay of the game. In all my years of watching the Sox, I have never heard Hawk get that P.O.'ed. He was probably just as mad, if not more so, than we all were. I don't blame Hawk at all for getting pissed. DJ didn't really say anything. Maybe he was afraid of Hawks outburst! I also just wanna say I'm honored to be a fan of this team. I'm proud of Mark for showing the world this Sox team will not be pushed around!

Goose
08-02-2005, 09:57 AM
When I got home from work last nite I watched the replay of the game. In all my years of watching the Sox, I have never heard Hawk get that P.O.'ed. He was probably just as mad, if not more so, than we all were. I don't blame Hawk at all for getting pissed. DJ didn't really say anything. Maybe he was afraid of Hawks outburst! I also just wanna say I'm honored to be a fan of this team. I'm proud of Mark for showing the world this Sox team will not be pushed around!

Not to mention that MB showed he is a real team player. Whether you agree with his hitting the O's batter or not, he put his team ahead of his own record or streak by hitting him. Statement was made loud and clear, MB. Thanks for your unselfishness!

Hokiesox
08-02-2005, 10:16 AM
I said the same thing in less colorful language on the 1st base side. I had some kids around me, or you all would have heard me on TV.

Sxy Mofo
08-02-2005, 10:24 AM
That's the first time i've read that whole transcript. That's awesome. love you hawkaroo.

Madvora
08-02-2005, 10:26 AM
Crap, they just played a clip on ESPN1000, but I missed most of it.

If someone has the audio, please post.

BeviBall!
08-02-2005, 10:30 AM
It was awesome. Thank god for the Comcast replay!

harwar
08-02-2005, 10:35 AM
Hawk was outraged because he knows that some team would never have had that ejection put on them in that situation.
I would like to see that ump try that with Clemens or the yankees,red sox or cubs.
The outcry would be heard all the way to the moon.

LVSoxFan
08-02-2005, 10:35 AM
I don't mind it at all. Hawk's obviously a partisan announcer, and that's fine with me. Reminds me of the Jimmy Piersall years.

That was a stupid call, considering they were nailing us for two days and no warnings were issued. That shot at AJ could have been really, really serious had he not had on that elbow guard.

And Buerhle's respect level jumped even higher--if that's possible--after that incident. I think he cemented his image as team leader/icon with that.

Ain't it funny that about this time last year the Torii Hunter episode happened, and Ozzie said that's the kind of ball he wanted to see our flatlining team play? Well, here we are a year later, and not only are we out-Twinning the Minnesota Twins approach-wise, but we just sort of had our little Torii Hunter episode. I'm sure Ozzie had no problem with what MB did. It sure did get the team fired up.

BeviBall!
08-02-2005, 10:36 AM
Here you guys go. Folow the link to an MP3.

http://s39.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1N5QL7N2CN5MK07I0NJKZ90QOY

chompers needle
08-02-2005, 10:47 AM
thanks that made my day....

Madvora
08-02-2005, 10:49 AM
I don't mind it at all. Hawk's obviously a partisan announcer, and that's fine with me. Reminds me of the Jimmy Piersall years.

That was a stupid call, considering they were nailing us for two days and no warnings were issued. That shot at AJ could have been really, really serious had he not had on that elbow guard.

And Buerhle's respect level jumped even higher--if that's possible--after that incident. I think he cemented his image as team leader/icon with that.

Ain't it funny that about this time last year the Torii Hunter episode happened, and Ozzie said that's the kind of ball he wanted to see our flatlining team play? Well, here we are a year later, and not only are we out-Twinning the Minnesota Twins approach-wise, but we just sort of had our little Torii Hunter episode. I'm sure Ozzie had no problem with what MB did. It sure did get the team fired up.
Hey, maybe this is our "moment"

Madvora
08-02-2005, 10:52 AM

Thank you so much for this.
Wow, that's what makes this the greatest website on Earth!

nlentz88
08-02-2005, 11:30 AM
Here you guys go.

Thanks, BeviBall! I love it!

gobears1987
08-02-2005, 11:43 AM
awesome audio file

SoXPriDe33
08-02-2005, 11:52 AM

awesome, it's now on my iPod

:)

NonetheLoaiza
08-02-2005, 11:57 AM
I just don't understand that the Sox get hit all the time, and the warning is always issued...to us! In some cases, our pitchers just get thrown out. I just don't get it.

MrFurious
08-02-2005, 12:08 PM
That mp3 is awesome. Thanks.

Garland_IS_God
08-02-2005, 12:25 PM
I recorded the game on my dvd recorder. I'll try and put the audio on my computer later on tonight.

Garland_IS_God
08-02-2005, 12:26 PM
nevermind. just read somebody else gave a link.

pudge
08-02-2005, 12:36 PM
BTW, the O's broadcasters were very impressed with Buehrle. They saw nothing wrong with it. The funny thing is, even though I was stuck with the O's telecast, I could just imagine Hawk going *nuts* over this.

nug0hs
08-02-2005, 12:37 PM
Heard a couple of rumors about Hawk possibly getting a fine or some kind of reprimand for all of this...what can your expert opinions tell me?

gobears1987
08-02-2005, 12:42 PM
Heard a couple of rumors about Hawk possibly getting a fine or some kind of reprimand for all of this...what can your expert opinions tell me?
They wouldn't fine him for that. The only people who could fine him would be if he did it during a WGN or WCIU game and actually started dropping F-bombs. Then the FCC would be all over him.

Lip Man 1
08-02-2005, 12:43 PM
I don't know if MLB has the power to suspend an announcer but they probably can fine the organization that hired him, especially after comments about an umpire.

I thought the rant was funny and on the mark. Not the first time Hawk has gotten pissed and it won't be the last.

Lip

Brian26
08-02-2005, 12:45 PM
Hey, maybe this is our "moment"

I was thinking about that last night. Although, we've got the best record in baseball, this could bring our team even closer together...something similar to the 2000 fight with the Tigers.

Brian26
08-02-2005, 12:47 PM
I thought the rant was funny and on the mark. Not the first time Hawk has gotten pissed and it won't be the last.

Lip

I love Hawk's passion. It was a great moment. He felt the same way as everyone watching the game.

rowand33
08-02-2005, 12:52 PM
Cubs fans often complain to me about when Hawk does stuff like this, but this is the kinda stuff that makes me love Hawk.

Why would I want the announcer to be anything but a huge fan of the team?

oh
and that audio link is awesome

RKMeibalane
08-02-2005, 12:55 PM
:walnuts

"Brian Gorman is the best umpire I've ever seen."

Sorry. I couldn't resist.

SpringfldFan
08-02-2005, 12:57 PM

MB is the icon of this team now, and that includes the players, coaches, and fans. After his public plea to get Pods on the all star team, and now this, he is unquestionably our heart and soul.

SFF

SOXintheBURGH
08-02-2005, 01:08 PM
I was at the game sitting behind home plate, and I stood up and applauded Mark. A bunch of O's fans were asking me what I was clapping for, my player got ejected. I said simply, "You always backup your catcher."

Joosh
08-02-2005, 01:19 PM

"Brian Gorman is the best umpire I've ever seen."

Sorry. I couldn't resist.

I thought it went more like this:

"You just don't do that. You don't hit someone intentionally. Sometimes, Mark just does something stupid like this."

Sxy Mofo
08-02-2005, 01:20 PM
I was at the game sitting behind home plate, and I stood up and applauded Mark. A bunch of O's fans were asking me what I was clapping for, my player got ejected. I said simply, "You always backup your catcher."

And then... the catcher always backs up the pitcher. That was just too perfect that AJP hit a homer the next time up.

LongLiveFisk
08-02-2005, 01:27 PM
I thought Hawk (love him or hate him) was right on the money and I'm glad he has the guts to tell it like it is. The way I see it, if it draws some attention to a lot of the piss-poor umping I've seen way too much lately, all the better.

Stroker Ace
08-02-2005, 01:36 PM
Timo shooting the bird, Hawk ripping an awful call by the ump. Why is all of this happening while I'm out of town!:whiner: :angry:

Steelrod
08-02-2005, 01:53 PM
Glad he said it. Even gladder Mark did it!

It will make Ozzie a better manager. If he gets in trouble early, Ozzie won't have to worry about any streak. And also makes team unity even better.
ALL GOOD!!!

TimChamp
08-02-2005, 02:09 PM
Thanks for the awesome audio clip, man, that has got to be a classic! Anybody know Brian Gorman's e-mail address, I think this would just be the funniest thing to send to that brain retarded umpire...:D:

--Champ out to listen to the clip again

BeviBall!
08-02-2005, 02:23 PM
Glad you guys like it. These links do expire, so let me know if you have trouble downloading and I can update it.

DaleJRFan
08-02-2005, 02:32 PM
MB is the icon of this team now, and that includes the players, coaches, and fans. After his public plea to get Pods on the all star team, and now this, he is unquestionably our heart and soul.

SFF

Yea, that's pretty hard to ignore... He is the true leader in the clubhouse after the way he has stuck his neck out for his teammates. This says a lot for Mark, but it also says a lot for the team as well. They are really a sticky group. One for all, all for one.

DaleJRFan
08-02-2005, 02:33 PM
Timo shooting the bird, Hawk ripping an awful call by the ump. Why is all of this happening while I'm out of town!:whiner: :angry:

Yea, Timo flipping Uribe the middle finger in the 5th inning was classic... I did a doubletake on that one... the funny thing is that Comcast showed it when they re-aired the game lastnight... LOL

TimChamp
08-02-2005, 02:48 PM
Yea, Timo flipping Uribe the middle finger in the 5th inning was classic... I did a doubletake on that one... the funny thing is that Comcast showed it when they re-aired the game lastnight... LOL

Woah, I did not catch that at all...how did this happen? Why did Timo flip off Uribe? Just curious...please let me know...

--Champ out

robin23
08-02-2005, 03:03 PM
Woah, I did not catch that at all...how did this happen? Why did Timo flip off Uribe? Just curious...please let me know...

--Champ out

I'm with you! ...what?!

R

rdwj
08-02-2005, 04:07 PM

He did it when displaying how many outs there were. He had a huge grin on his face and was obviously just joking around. I don't think it was intended to be on TV - just players having fun out there.

Foulke You
08-02-2005, 05:07 PM
He did it when displaying how many outs there were. He had a huge grin on his face and was obviously just joking around. I don't think it was intended to be on TV - just players having fun out there.
Yep, Uribe held out two fingers to tell Timo there were two outs. Timo aknowledged by holding up two fingers and then he slowly dropped one down so that his middle finger was displayed towards Uribe and then he had this big ol' smile on his face. He was just joking around. It was classic stuff.:D: I'm sure he had no idea he was on camera. Hawk and DJ were silent for a moment after Timo's Stone Cold Salute to Uribe too, LOL.

jake27
08-02-2005, 05:26 PM
i donno if ne could get iti put if they have a video of the uribe and timo or a picture. if someone got that this could be the best thread ever

BeefyD
08-02-2005, 11:07 PM
Thanks for the mp3 of Hawk! WOw..best I've heard from him in ages!

ChiSoxGirl
08-02-2005, 11:36 PM
I thought Hawk (love him or hate him) was right on the money and I'm glad he has the guts to tell it like it is. The way I see it, if it draws some attention to a lot of the piss-poor umping I've seen way too much lately, all the better.

I couldn't agree with you more! It seems like it's one series after another for us with our players getting plunked- first Oakland back in April, the Scrubs series at The Shrine, the Baltimore series over the weekend, and now tonight with Toronto. It's like the umps are pissed off that the best team is baseball is the [GASP] Chicago White Sox, and the only way they feel they can handle (or curb) it is by giving up crappy umpiring whenever possible.

I'm half convinced that Ozzie's getting tossed tonight was the after effects of the Baltimore series. He's had it up to here with his players getting drilled all season long and crappy umpiring, so his blood just boiled over. Fine by me; I luuuv team unity! I thought it was humorous how animated he got out there- every other word out of his mouth was an explicative. Reading lips came in handy tonight. :wink: