PDA

View Full Version : is the harris era over...yet?

oldcomiskey
08-02-2005, 07:31 AM
Willie seems to think so according to an interview that can be found on whitesox.com. Personally I thought Willie was a bust when we got him from baltimore but considering we gave up Chris Singleton I figured the trade was about even.

Fredsox
08-02-2005, 07:42 AM
Willie's not a bad guy, and I don't think anyone ever accused him of dogging it. Compared to the rest of the talent on this team, he just isn't good enough to play (insert Rowand and Iguchi here). I think he had a lot of promise when we got him, it just goes to show how hard it is to hit a baseball thrown by a major league pitcher.

We still might see him in September. My guess is that after this season he'll move on to another team that can use a utility player.

doublem23
08-02-2005, 07:42 AM
I'm pretty sure the Willie Harris era is over in Chicago. Doesn't really bother me much. Tadito Iguchi > 100 Willie Harris's...

BainesHOF
08-02-2005, 09:28 AM
The thing that amazes me, beside him being a utility infielder who can't bunt, is the way Willie talks with a complete lack of understanding of the player he really is.

harwar
08-02-2005, 09:32 AM
Willie being sent down is way over due.
Its frustrating to watch a guy with his speed who can't bunt very well or steal a base.

FoulTerritory
08-02-2005, 09:36 AM
Bafiarocks, how are you holding up? Are you ok?

UofCSoxFan
08-02-2005, 11:04 AM
Am I the only one still waiting for the Willie Harris era to BEGIN?

What's that? He's been on the team for 4 years now?

:o:

Willie Harris....a little too far under the radar.

bafiarocks03
08-02-2005, 11:22 PM
Im dealing with it! IT's hard..but It's getting better! MY POOR WILLIE!!! But see....i met Ozney today!! and we took a picture, and i almost died, and he touched me....and oh wow! He's so much cuter in person! so yea..that kinda made it better!!!!!!!:D:

SomebodyToldMe
08-02-2005, 11:43 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v431/dasanixcore/youwannasoda.jpg
"Hey, big guy...You holdin' up alright? Hmmmm? You wanna sooooda? Hmm?"

C'monstretch
08-03-2005, 12:11 AM
Willie seems to think so according to an interview that can be found on whitesox.com. Personally I thought Willie was a bust when we got him from baltimore but considering we gave up Chris Singleton I figured the trade was about even.

Was there ever a "Harris Era"? If so, I think it died the day Wooly was born. Hell it was dead @ the moment of conception. Sorry Buddy!

kevingrt
08-03-2005, 02:35 AM
The thing that amazes me, beside him being a utility infielder who can't bunt, is the way Willie talks with a complete lack of understanding of the player he really is.

He has some skills he just doesn't know how to use them. I mean he is a pretty good fielder and has amazing speed but cannot steal a base to save his life. As for bunting... did he ever practice it? This kid still might be able to be something but not with the Sox unfortunately.