PDA

View Full Version : Curt Shilling's Testimony

Irishsox1
08-02-2005, 12:04 AM
After watching ESPN's story about Palmiero, the guy who looks like a total moron is Curt Shilling. He spent most of his testimony attacking Canseco and criticizing Congress that having the hearings in the first place only helps glorify people like Canseco in an effort to sell books. Schilling had his moment to come out and speak against steroids and MLB but instead he made a loud, bombastic and out of control attack on Canseco for spreading "lies". Guess what?...Canseco was telling the truth. When Shilling is retired and people look past the bloody sock game, they're going to view him for what he truly was: an overpaid, uneducated block head who had an opportunity to help baseball but resorted to intimation and vocal attacks on a fellow player. Curt Shilling is just as bad for baseball as Palmiero because they both are cheating, but one is with steroids, the other is through a lack of intelligence mixed in with a missed opportunity to correct a major problem.

Daver
08-02-2005, 12:06 AM
After watching ESPN's story about Palmiero, the guy who looks like a total moron is Curt Shilling. He spent most of his testimony attacking Canseco and criticizing Congress that having the hearings in the first place only helps glorify people like Canseco in an effort to sell books. Schilling had his moment to come out and speak against steroids and MLB but instead he made a loud, bombastic and out of control attack on Canseco for spreading "lies". Guess what Shilling?...Canseco was telling the truth. When Shilling is retired and people look past your bloody sock game, they're going to see you for what you truly are: an overpaid, uneducated block head who had an opportunity to help baseball but resorted to intimation and vocal attacks on a fellow player. Curt Shilling is just as bad for baseball as Palmiero because they both are cheating, but one is with steroids, the other is through a lack of intelligence mixed in with a missed opportunity to correct a major problem.

A simple search here would have shown you the thread where the entire membership here said basically the same thing.

Irishsox1
08-02-2005, 12:08 AM
It felt good for me to get it out. The Curt Shilling thing has been bothering me since the hearings and I had to get it out. I'll go back in my hole now.

FarWestChicago
08-02-2005, 12:13 AM
It felt good for me to get it out. The Curt Shilling thing has been bothering me since the hearings and I had to get it out. I'll go back in my hole now.Hey, it was a good rip. :cool:

chaerulez
08-02-2005, 01:13 AM
After watching ESPN's story about Palmiero, the guy who looks like a total moron is Curt Shilling. He spent most of his testimony attacking Canseco and criticizing Congress that having the hearings in the first place only helps glorify people like Canseco in an effort to sell books. Schilling had his moment to come out and speak against steroids and MLB but instead he made a loud, bombastic and out of control attack on Canseco for spreading "lies". Guess what?...Canseco was telling the truth. When Shilling is retired and people look past the bloody sock game, they're going to view him for what he truly was: an overpaid, uneducated block head who had an opportunity to help baseball but resorted to intimation and vocal attacks on a fellow player. Curt Shilling is just as bad for baseball as Palmiero because they both are cheating, but one is with steroids, the other is through a lack of intelligence mixed in with a missed opportunity to correct a major problem.

Reminds me of the Thursday night game of the Red Sox series at the Cell... a family of four Red Sox fans were sitting in front of where I sat. When Schilling came into the game they stood up and cheered! I said, "Any intelligent baseball fan hates the tool known as Curt Schilling."

They gave me some dirty looks, but seriously anyone that supports that joker is a moron.

patbooyah
08-02-2005, 01:20 AM
Reminds me of the Thursday night game of the Red Sox series at the Cell... a family of four Red Sox fans were sitting in front of where I sat. When Schilling came into the game they stood up and cheered! I said, "Any intelligent baseball fan hates the tool known as Curt Schilling."

They gave me some dirty looks, but seriously anyone that supports that joker is a moron.

i'll agree, but only because you called him a joker. :redneck

jackbrohamer
08-02-2005, 10:05 AM
i'll agree, but only because you called him a joker. :redneck

I prefer to call him a "ninny" :smile:

32nd&Wallace
08-02-2005, 01:05 PM
Curt Schilling said that the statements in Canseco's books shouldn't be taken seriously and that steriods is not a problem. Okay, well at that point you had five former MVP's admitting they did either knowignly or unknowingly (Giambi, Camminitti, Sheffield, Canseco and Bonds). Three of which admitted doing it knowingly (Cam, Canseco and Giambi). And Schilling has the audacity to give that testimony.