PDA

View Full Version : Web Gems

rowand33
08-01-2005, 11:20 PM
Uribe had the #5 Web gem.

happy we actually got one on a day where there's only 4 games :cool:

Mr. N Paul Todd
08-01-2005, 11:20 PM
Sorry, what play was it? I didn't get to catch the game because of a blackout. Damn mlb.tv :angry:

Uribe had the #5 Web gem.

happy we actually got one on a day where there's only 4 games :cool:

mealfred13
08-02-2005, 12:18 AM
Probably the one where Uribe caught up to a 1-hopper up the middle and then twisted on the run and threw across his body to Paulie, who made a nice pick on a one-hop to his mitt. Really nice play.

SOX ADDICT '73
08-02-2005, 12:44 AM
I think Uribe's excellence this year has spoiled me, since that play looked fairly routine by his standards.

Either that, or with Torii Hunter injured, they couldn't just pick five of his circus catches like they really wanted.

Oh, and I believe Dye had the number 1 Web Gem last Monday when he scaled the wall to rob Sweeney of yet another home run against the Sox. They might have done it just so they could mention the whole "Spider-Man" thing, but it still counts!

mealfred13
08-02-2005, 12:49 AM
They might have done it just so they could mention the whole "Spider-Man" thing, but it still counts!

Someone mentioned in another thread that they put the Dye catch in the top5 just to hype up their Sox coverage for the upcoming Orioles(?) day game on ESPN. Go figure.