PDA

View Full Version : LOOK!!! 3rd place twins

SOXfnNlansing
08-01-2005, 10:40 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/standings/index.jsp

Rocklive99
08-01-2005, 11:07 PM
Wow, didn't see this coming, they've been in some kind of slide lately. That Wild Card starts to scare me more though (damn you Oakland)

And while looking at that, how bad is the NL West???? Wow, this backs up my point that the NL, in general, is weak compared to the AL.

Stroker Ace
08-01-2005, 11:16 PM
:rolling: YESSSSS!!!!!:rolling:

SoxSpeed22
08-01-2005, 11:17 PM
Wow, didn't see this coming, they've been in some kind of slide lately. That Wild Card starts to scare me more though (damn you Oakland)

And while looking at that, how bad is the NL West???? Wow, this backs up my point that the NL, in general, is weak compared to the AL.This wild card will come down to September and we all pray that Oakland doesn't get it. Also, about the NL, St. Louis is almost unopposed, IMO, Florida or Atlanta are their only challenges, and an 80 win team comes out of the west. In the AL, us, LA, NY, Boston, Oakland and possibly Cleveland (Minnesota if someone else steps up) have a shot at winning the AL.

SOX ADDICT '73
08-01-2005, 11:54 PM
The Twins will finish in fourth place. Book it. (And don't forget that I predicted a 15-game lead on Aug. 1st one week ago, and got laughed out of the "Thank the scheduling gods" thread for being overly optimistic.)

Right now, I'm hoping that the Oakland A's win the West, and either the Angels, BoSox, or Yankees take the Wild Card. We match up way better against those three teams than we do against Oakland (just speculating about NY, since we haven't played them yet, but their pitching is a train wreck). That way, the A's can blow it in the first round like always, and we won't have to worry about them.

To those who keep saying that "The A's are just on a hot streak right now, they're playing over their heads, they're bound to cool off eventually, there's no way they're this good," do any of those statements sound familiar? I'll give you a hint: think back to the month of May, put "White Sox" in place of "A's", and read them again...

RadioheadRocks
08-02-2005, 12:55 AM
That game was so early today I didn't have a chance to post any dancing bananas, so I'll reserve them for this thread...

:supernana: :bandance: :supernana: :bandance: :supernana: :bandance: :supernana: :bandance: :supernana:

Hip-Hip-Hooray!!!!!!

Banix12
08-02-2005, 01:12 AM
I just noticed that the White Sox bottom of the lineup has nearly the same amount of RBI's as the Twins middle of the lineup. Uribe has the same amount as Justin Morneau. The Sox have 8 players with 40+ RBI's. The Twins have 4.

TornLabrum
08-02-2005, 07:15 AM
I just noticed that the White Sox bottom of the lineup has nearly the same amount of RBI's as the Twins middle of the lineup. Uribe has the same amount as Justin Morneau. The Sox have 8 players with 40+ RBI's. The Twins have 4.

But if you listen to the media experts, they will tell you the Sox have won using smoke and mirrors. Makes me glad to have been a supporter of putting together a balanced attack for years before the Sox finally did.

Uncle_Patrick
08-02-2005, 08:13 AM
What cracks me up is that, as recently as right before the All Star break, I saw White Sox bashers on other boards stating that, empathically, without a doubt, the Twins would overtake the White Sox for the lead in the AL Central. **** you, White Sox haters!

zach23
08-02-2005, 09:24 AM
What cracks me up is that, as recently as right before the All Star break, I saw White Sox bashers on other boards stating that, empathically, without a doubt, the Twins would overtake the White Sox for the lead in the AL Central. **** you, White Sox haters!

A week ago there were people on this board in a panic because the Sox lost 3 straight and the lead over the Twins was only 10 games.

elrod
08-02-2005, 09:53 AM

Remember that great start by Morneau? He has been the biggest disappointment on the Twins this season. Only Michael Cuddyer and Johan Santana's failure to repeat last year's dominance rank up with Morneau's lack of production in producing disappointment for the Twins.

Banix12
08-02-2005, 05:32 PM
Remember that great start by Morneau? He has been the biggest disappointment on the Twins this season. Only Michael Cuddyer and Johan Santana's failure to repeat last year's dominance rank up with Morneau's lack of production in producing disappointment for the Twins.

It was foolhearty for the twins to think that Cuddyer could ever equal the production of Corey Koskie and that Morneau could develop so quickly, though he should be a fine player over time and is a million times better than Mientkievich

I looked at the lineup the Twins fielded last night. Punto batting second and Terry Tiffee batting cleanup. That's sad.