PDA

View Full Version : September 16-18 @ Minnesota -- Sox clinch?

cheeses_h_rice
08-01-2005, 04:36 PM
Just checking out the Sox and Twins' schedules the next 2 months, and with the Sox's magic number at 44, it could play out where the Sox win the AL Central crown by beating the Twins at the Baggiedome in mid-September.

Personally, I really, really want to witness a clinching game in person, since I've never been able to, so I hope that the Sox can accelerate the pace and do it during the 10-game homestand that begins September.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll be pelted with rocks and garbage for posting something like this so early, so, "What's the Score?"

Iwritecode
08-01-2005, 04:40 PM
Just checking out the Sox and Twins' schedules the next 2 months, and with the Sox's magic number at 44, it could play out where the Sox win the AL Central crown by beating the Twins at the Baggiedome in mid-September.

Personally, I really, really want to witness a clinching game in person, since I've never been able to, so I hope that the Sox can accelerate the pace and do it during the 10-game homestand that begins September.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll be pelted with rocks and garbage for posting something like this so early, so, "What's the Score?"

I brought it up once because it would piss a whole lot of people off if they clinched on the 17th when there is no TV coverage...

cheeses_h_rice
08-01-2005, 04:47 PM
I brought it up once because it would piss a whole lot of people off if they clinched on the 17th when there is no TV coverage...

Ugh. Surely someone would step in and do something...maybe Brooks could arrange a party at the Cell and show the game on the Diamondvision?

Fungo
08-01-2005, 04:53 PM
Ugh. Surely someone would step in and do something...maybe Brooks could arrange a party at the Cell and show the game on the Diamondvision?

I've mentioned this in years past, if the Sox are on the road and they have a chance to clinch the division, they ought to open the park and sell tickets to watch the game on the big screen. And don't worry, that game on the 17th will be on TV somewhere.

Ol' No. 2
08-01-2005, 04:59 PM
Ugh. Surely someone would step in and do something...maybe Brooks could arrange a party at the Cell and show the game on the Diamondvision?Haven't other teams done this? That would be great. I'd buy tickets to that. Of course, season ticket holders would get in for free.

MikeLove
08-01-2005, 07:38 PM
17th is the same day they slinched in 83, which also happens to be my bday

Whitesox4ever
08-01-2005, 07:44 PM
I hope they can clinch it that weekend since I will be there..

whtsx1959
08-01-2005, 08:19 PM
Twins and Indians are tied for 2nd, if Twins lose today (and they are, but it's early) the magic number stays the same but its for the Indians.

Foulke You
08-02-2005, 04:51 PM
Haven't other teams done this? That would be great. I'd buy tickets to that. Of course, season ticket holders would get in for free.
I know the Detroit Pistons did it at the Palace of Auburn Hills for the playoff games that Detroit was on the road for.

It would be a really cool idea to give the fans an experience like being there without having to travel outside of Chicago. They can even shoot off the scoreboard if someone on the Sox hits a homer.:cool:

LuvSox
08-02-2005, 04:56 PM
17th is the same day they slinched in 83, which also happens to be my bday

I won't be there but I will be drinking heavily the entire weekend at a conference for work. YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :gulp:

Ol' No. 2
08-02-2005, 05:03 PM
I know the Detroit Pistons did it at the Palace of Auburn Hills for the playoff games that Detroit was on the road for.

It would be a really cool idea to give the fans an experience like being there without having to travel outside of Chicago. They can even shoot off the scoreboard if someone on the Sox hits a homer.:cool:Someone should email Brooks...

08-02-2005, 05:51 PM
We clinched on Sept 17th in 83 and lost...in 2000 we clinched in Minn and got swept...neither please!!!