PDA

View Full Version : Pods' status

fquaye149
08-01-2005, 11:43 AM
Didn't see a thread on this.

Once again Timo is in for Pods. I must have missed it - but is Scotty all right? They were talking on the game yesterday he was just a little tired...had been thrown out 6 of his last 8 attempts...but two games in a row seems a little extreme for a "routine rest"

Does anyone know why this is?

UofCSoxFan
08-01-2005, 11:45 AM
Apparently his legs are tired...explains why he's been thrown out so much lately. This is a good move considering the early start...as no one was able to sleep in.

A chance to get Timo some ABs...could be beneficial come October.

duke of dorwood
08-01-2005, 11:46 AM
Up by 14 games-the time to rest him up is now-

Iwritecode
08-01-2005, 11:47 AM
The advantages of having a 14.5 game lead... :D:

miker
08-01-2005, 11:47 AM
Ozzie tends to give guys two days off in a row. I was surprised by it at first but it gives the starter even more time to recover and it keeps the bench players active and fresh.

Plus in Pod's case, you've got a great pinch runner if you need one.

It seems to be working!

Whitesox4ever
08-01-2005, 11:48 AM
It look like Pods was hurting during sat game when he was talking to Hermy in the dug out...

Maximo
08-01-2005, 12:00 PM
It look like Pods was hurting during sat game when he was talking to Hermy in the dug out...

I caught a little bit of Bruce Levine on AM 1000 this morning. I thought he made reference to the fact that Podsednik is having a little back trouble.

I could be wrong....and so, of course, could Bruce Levine.

tsamdog
08-01-2005, 03:20 PM
Beltin' Bill on the Comcast Post said that Pods is resting a leg injury (groin). Probably just a strain, but it makes sense to give him some time. His first step has not been as sharp lately from first, which very well may be a sign of a sore groin.

TimoPerez
08-01-2005, 03:31 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20050801&content_id=1153614&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

Break in the action: Prior to Monday afternoon's contest, Guillen joked that Timo Perez was going to ask for more money with his second straight start against the Orioles. Guillen said that nothing was wrong with Scott Podsednik, who Perez replaced in both starts, aside from a little fatigue and soreness in his legs.

"I have to protect his legs because that's his game," said Guillen of Podsednik. "One more day isn't going to kill him, and he will be ready tomorrow." Guillen had thoughts of hitting Tadahito Iguchi in the leadoff position for Sunday night's game, as opposed to Perez, but didn't want to move one of the more skillful second hitters in the game out of his comfort zone. Iguchi, who received a scheduled day off Monday, said his hip felt fine after being hit by a pitch Sunday.

TaylorStSox
08-01-2005, 03:31 PM
On saturday, he was running out a ground ball in the 8th, I believe, and he came up lame. It was going to be a close play and he stopped running about 2/3rds of the way to 1st. Nobody mentioned it on the broadcast, but he had a long conversation with Herm afterwards.

tsamdog
08-01-2005, 03:43 PM
On saturday, he was running out a ground ball in the 8th, I believe, and he came up lame. It was going to be a close play and he stopped running about 2/3rds of the way to 1st. Nobody mentioned it on the broadcast, but he had a long conversation with Herm afterwards.

Actually Torborg mentioned in on the Fox broadcast. He said that Herm talked to him for a long time, then went to Ozzie. Torborg's take was more from a communication standpoint, and Pods did play the field in the ninth. The groin thing should be treated with rest...we do not want to see a Nomar thing happening on the southside.

MHOUSE
08-01-2005, 03:47 PM
I noticed Scotty was hurting when John Buck threw him out 3 or 4 times in that series and then he started the Os series 0efer. Hopefully he rests up and starts tearing it up again.

RedHeadPaleHoser
08-01-2005, 03:48 PM
With the amount of movement he's got in those legs, let him "put his feet up" for a few days. I agree wholeheartedly - it's fun to watch him bunt, steal, and race around the bases....but it's more fun in OCTOBER.

Irishsox1
08-01-2005, 04:15 PM
I noticed Scotty was hurting when John Buck threw him out 3 or 4 times in that series and then he started the Os series 0efer. Hopefully he rests up and starts tearing it up again.

Scott stole 3rd base in Friday's game which set up the first run, which also got Lee Mazilli thrown out of the game. Hopefully Scotty gets some PT, rest and is ready for Tuesday's game, but if he need time, so be it.

Ol' No. 2
08-01-2005, 05:01 PM
Didn't he have a groin injury earlier in the year? Sometimes those things never really heal during the season. If it's getting a little ouchy, it's better to rest it when you get a chance. Toronto and Seattle coming to town this week. No biggies. Have him 100% for the Yanks and BoSox next week.

tsamdog
08-01-2005, 05:14 PM
Didn't he have a groin injury earlier in the year? Sometimes those things never really heal during the season. If it's getting a little ouchy, it's better to rest it when you get a chance. Toronto and Seattle coming to town this week. No biggies. Have him 100% for the Yanks and BoSox next week.

I think you're right 0#2. IMO, his cross-over step is not as sharp as it was a month ago. Pods seems to have the ability to steal third, which is more of a walking..or secondary lead, but that explosive cross-over is a groin thing. I hear you....rest is necessary now.