PDA

View Full Version : Thanks a lot, Sullivan!

TornLabrum
08-01-2005, 11:59 AM
Well, Paul Sullivan's anti-Thomas rant has brought the Cubs fans out. I received the following email from one "Boy Aquino":

Hal:
After the Sox lose Game 2 of the ALCS to Toronto, Thomas and Guillen rip the fans for booing at the end of the game. "I think they're taking things for granted around here," Thomas says. Guillen calls Comiskey a "ghost town,"

and says, " of 46,000 people there, maybe 1,000 know the game."

So much for the "smart sux fans" You know, the ones from Mt. Greenwood and Beverly, the salt of the earth people who's idea of culture is the St.

Patricks day parade on Western ave. Too bad that the merchants have to lock the doors because the drunks urinate on the floor.

I replied with the following:

And of course it's Sox fans who do all of the urinating in people's front yards in "Wrigleyville." Right? If there are 1000 smart Sox fans, there must be at least 5 Cubbies fans who know something about baseball.
Interesting that you chose a quote from yesterday's Cubune. Care to give me an original thought?

Hal Vickery

I have Paul Sullivan's article to thank for this since that was obviously this moron's source for the quote. Nice job, "Sox Fan" Paul. You got the imbeciles to come out of the woodwork.

LuvSox
08-01-2005, 12:03 PM
There's the difference between north and south. We don't like losing. The '93 team laid down against Toronto.

That Wrigley fan can eat me.

MsSoxVixen22
08-01-2005, 12:18 PM
Nice reply to that email, Hal! That Cub fan can eat ****

MarySwiss
08-01-2005, 12:29 PM
Let me see if I got this--A Cub fan gets mad at you because Paul Sullivan wrote an article ripping Frank Thomas?:?:

Well sure; makes perfect sense I guess-if you're a Cub fan!

Nice comeback though, Torn.

White Sox Randy
08-01-2005, 12:44 PM
Well, Paul Sullivan's anti-Thomas rant has brought the Cubs fans out. I received the following email from one "Boy Aquino":

I have Paul Sullivan's article to thank for this since that was obviously this moron's source for the quote. Nice job, "Sox Fan" Paul. You got the imbeciles to come out of the woodwork.
[/size][/size]

I would reply with the following - 68 and 35 .

TornLabrum
08-01-2005, 01:24 PM
Apparently I was wrong. He's not a Cubs fan. He's just a moron. He sent me the following:

tale of two teams who fans run parallel:

CUB SOX SYNOPSIS

Ronny Woo Andy the Clown Both annoying, 1 down 1 to go.

Wrigley Frat boys Toothless Plumbers Both love the bottle, Frat boys

have the better job

Bartman Ligue Family NorthBrook or Alsip, Hmmm

,I'll take NorthBrook

I could go on, but by now it has sunk in.

"Hypocrisy is the homage that vice pays to virute"

My reply (after which all email from this idiot will be deleted):

You're right. It did sink in. I'd call you a moron, but that would be an insult to morons. Don't bother replying because it would just be a waste of your energy since I'll be deleting anything coming from your address.
Well, I may not delete it all. If anything is worth sharing, I may just do so. I know we all could use a good laugh.

tstrike2000
08-01-2005, 02:01 PM
Nice replies to his e-mails. We're way past the point of anything any anti-Sox rant mattering anyway. We'll be playing in front of a packed house for the playoffs while Wrigleyville will once again be a vacant ghost town letting the fan's pee dry from their last regular season home game. The Scrubbies will be lucky to finish third in their own division. As for any further anti-Sox rants I use the phrase from Kevin Pollack from "A Few Good Men" to describe their comments, "The rest is just smokefilled coffee-house crap."

Fenway
08-01-2005, 02:06 PM
There's the difference between north and south. We don't like losing. The '93 team laid down against Toronto.

That Wrigley fan can eat me.

ummm winning 2 on the road is not lying down otherwise Jays would have swept

kittle545feet
08-01-2005, 04:45 PM

[/size][/size]Great response though Torn. I had the same thing happen too when that article made it to print. Paul is a hack of the worst kind and it figures that flub fans would quote a partisan hack.

LuvSox
08-02-2005, 12:40 AM

Been a diehard White Sox fan my entire life. I know what happened in '93.

Palehose13
08-02-2005, 12:44 AM

Maybe, but watching game 6 with tickets to game 7 in hand sure sucked ass. :whiner:

MIgrenade
08-02-2005, 12:45 AM
White Sox fans blame the team for not winning in 1993, we didn't need to blame a random fan to make us feel better.
Of course I don't really remember that series as I was only 10.

elrod
08-02-2005, 12:47 AM
What exactly is virute?

pudge
08-02-2005, 03:19 AM
Been a diehard White Sox fan my entire life. I know what happened in '93.

Okay but, I don't know how you could say the team gave up. You could say Lamont was an awful manager, you could say McDowell was way overrated at that stage in his career, you could say Thomas had an injury forcing Dan Pasqua into the lineup, you could say the Blue Jays pitchers were amazing and refused to pitch to Thomas. But did the Sox really lie down in that series? Am I forgetting something?

Sox Blue 69-70
08-02-2005, 04:05 AM
Okay but, I don't know how you could say the team gave up. You could say Lamont was an awful manager, you could say McDowell was way overrated at that stage in his career, you could say Thomas had an injury forcing Dan Pasqua into the lineup, you could say the Blue Jays pitchers were amazing and refused to pitch to Thomas. But did the Sox really lie down in that series? Am I forgetting something?

I agree, no way that '93 team "gave up" in that series, but the situational hitting in those home games (they had some great chances to blow open game 2, specifically) was just awful. The guys that were used opposite Frank at 1B/DH (Pasqua (2 games), Jackson (3 games), Newson (1 game)) hit a combined .048, or 48 points higher than Karko's average. Disappointing. They were beaten by a club whose pitching staff turned in a superior performance. No great shame in that one, IMHO.

LuvSox
08-02-2005, 09:44 AM
I saw what I saw. They didn't play the 'Jays the way they played the rest of the season. I thought they played like hell, bad manager and all.

No, McDowell was not overrated at that time in his career. He won the Cy Young that year, remember?