PDA

View Full Version : What's up with Herm Schnieder?

Heffalump
08-01-2005, 09:53 AM
From what I've heard and seen on tv, he is one of the best (if not the best) trainer in MLB, especially with rehabbing/preventing injuries.

But I've noticed he's gone through some large weight fluctuations over the years and now he has become VERY roly-poly again.

Just thought I would throw that out there as a change of pace from the usual "get rid of DJ" and " Crede is horrible" threads.

LETS FINISH OFF THE BIRDS TODAY !!!

tstrike2000
08-01-2005, 09:56 AM
To me Herm's always appeared that way. I always just always thought he concentrates on the injuries and what not and not much of the conditioning. He's very attentative with the players and the job he did helping Bo Jackson rehab from hip replacement surgery was pretty awesome. He definitely is one of the best trainers.

rdwj
08-01-2005, 10:02 AM
He's always been pretty heavy from what I've seen. I can't believe that the guy can't find some pants that fit better. I'm sure he makes a decent buck - so why not spend the extra few bucks at a big and tall store? I'm sick of seeing Herm camel toe!!!

Oh, and stop tucking in your shirt too! Looser pants and a nice, untucked shirt would do wonders for the guy.

harwar
08-01-2005, 10:03 AM
He may be the best trainer out there as other teams have tried to lure him away in the past.
As long as he can do his job the weight is not an issue for me.

Heffalump
08-01-2005, 10:07 AM
He's always been pretty heavy from what I've seen. I can't believe that the guy can't find some pants that fit better. I'm sure he makes a decent buck - so why not spend the extra few bucks at a big and tall store? I'm sick of seeing Herm camel toe!!!

Oh, and stop tucking in your shirt too! Looser pants and a nice, untucked shirt would do wonders for the guy.

Yep, I think that is why it is really noticable to me. Everytime he comes bounding out of the dugout with his pants hiked up, it kinda makes me cover my eyes.

I don't want to turn this into a fashion thread, but maybe Brooks can throw together an "Herm Schneider Extreme Makeover Day" to honor our much appreciated trainer. Then again, my wife would probably say that I could use one too (although my Crede-chops are looking pretty sweet).

Hitmen77
08-01-2005, 10:07 AM
He's always been pretty heavy from what I've seen.

No, Heffalump is right, I do remember a time where Herm slimmed down. I don't remember exactly when that was or how long that lasted before he gained the weight back on.

slavko
08-01-2005, 11:00 AM
I would feel more confident if the guy dealing with our health and conditioning issues weren't morbidly obese. He ought to be ashamed of himself.

DumpJerry
08-01-2005, 11:12 AM
I was at a game a few weeks back when Dye was shaken up hitting the wall making a catch. Herm and Ozzie went out to RF to see how he was doing. After Dye shook it off and was ok, Herm and Ozzie started to trot back to the dugout, 300+ feet away. The trot turned into a footrace between Herm and Ozzie with the crowd cheering them on. Ozzie held up so Herm could win (to the thunderous cheers of the crowd). It was funny to watch only because of the contrast in the condition of the two guys. I was a bit worried watching Herm huffing and puffing it at his weight, however.

Heffalump
08-01-2005, 11:15 AM
I would feel more confident if the guy dealing with our health and conditioning issues weren't morbidly obese. He ought to be ashamed of himself.

Herm is not in charge of health and conditioning..........We have another guy, Allen Thomas, that takes care of nutrition and conditioning issues for the players.

Herm handles injuries, rehab, etc.

I have absolutely no concerns in Herm's ability to do the job. He is the best in the business. It concerns me more that Herm takes care of himself so that we have him around for a long time to come. Also, he just looks a little goofy running out there with the humpty dumpty pants.

GO Sox!
GO Herm !

rdwj
08-01-2005, 11:15 AM
I was a bit worried watching Herm huffing and puffing it at his weight, however.

I honestly don't think he's that fat. Ya, he's big - but he looks much fatter because of how he dresses.

Tekijawa
08-01-2005, 11:35 AM
Maybe he wants to work from home?

http://store1.yimg.com/I/giftsbizarre_1853_3918661 (http://store1.yimg.com/I/giftsbizarre_1855_1467880)

UofCSoxFan
08-01-2005, 11:51 AM

http://store1.yimg.com/I/giftsbizarre_1853_3918661 (http://store1.yimg.com/I/giftsbizarre_1855_1467880)

"All this hacking is making me thirsty...I think I'll order a Tab."

"Press the any key???? I can't find the ANY key!!!"

dickallen15
08-01-2005, 12:03 PM
Herm's a big guy. There are a lot of people in this world with weight problems, and he happens to be one of them. Hopefully for his own good he will eventually be able to shed some of the weight and be able to keep it off, but its easier said than done. It obviously has never affected his job performance, although he really would be able to kick Ozzie's butt in the race back to the dugout if he dropped a few.

TheOldRoman
08-01-2005, 12:12 PM

"All this hacking is making me thirsty...I think I'll order a Tab."

"Press the any key???? I can't find the ANY key!!!"
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I completely missed the reference until the second post. I laughed out loud for probably 2 min after that.

HawkDJ
08-01-2005, 04:53 PM
I was at a game a few weeks back when Dye was shaken up hitting the wall making a catch. Herm and Ozzie went out to RF to see how he was doing. After Dye shook it off and was ok, Herm and Ozzie started to trot back to the dugout, 300+ feet away. The trot turned into a footrace between Herm and Ozzie with the crowd cheering them on. Ozzie held up so Herm could win (to the thunderous cheers of the crowd). It was funny to watch only because of the contrast in the condition of the two guys. I was a bit worried watching Herm huffing and puffing it at his weight, however.

I'm not sure if you had a view of the Sox dugout but what I thought was even more funny was that some of the Sox players were waving Herm in with towels and almost every person in that dugout gave him a high five when he came back in.

maurice
08-01-2005, 05:18 PM
I'm not sure if you had a view of the Sox dugout but what I thought was even more funny was that some of the Sox players were waving Herm in with towels and almost every person in that dugout gave him a high five when he came back in.

And Nancy started playing "Chariots of Fire," which got the crowd into it.

iamkoza
08-01-2005, 05:20 PM

How horrible would it look professionally to not at least have his shirt tucked in? Do you want him to wear something like this on TV?

http://www.hectorvex.com/images/homerMumu.jpg

robiwho
08-01-2005, 05:35 PM
And Nancy started playing "Chariots of Fire," which got the crowd into it.

That had to be the funniest moment of the season so far -- everyone around us was going nuts!:D:

TaylorStSox
08-01-2005, 05:57 PM
I guarantee Herm could outrun half of this board.

pczarapa
08-01-2005, 10:27 PM
From what I've heard and seen on tv, he is one of the best (if not the best) trainer in MLB, especially with rehabbing/preventing injuries.

But I've noticed he's gone through some large weight fluctuations over the years and now he has become VERY roly-poly again.

Just thought I would throw that out there as a change of pace from the usual "get rid of DJ" and " Crede is horrible" threads.

LETS FINISH OFF THE BIRDS TODAY !!!

I think he's one of those "Do as I say and not as I do" type guys. He's always been pear shaped, but seems to know what to do to rehab guys. I love Herm, but he's definitely hitting the twinkies between innings.

Mr. White Sox
08-02-2005, 01:29 AM
That had to be the funniest moment of the season so far -- everyone around us was going nuts!:D:

Too bad I was coming back from getting a hot dog during the half-inning break. I will always hate myself for that.
:prozac
yes, I know.

Chisox003
08-02-2005, 01:50 AM

You're kidding, right?

:rolleyes:

LuvSox
08-02-2005, 01:54 AM
Sure, Herm is big. We all know he is the best in his field. He is a Sox legend like Bossard, Nancy and so on.

Who gives a **** what he looks like? If he was our lead off hitter I could see some bitching. But he's not. Let it go.