PDA

View Full Version : Chicago NewsMedia Watch 8/1/05

Hangar18
08-01-2005, 09:34 AM
Nice win by the SOX last nite ....... on national TV no less, yet somehow......
were still not getting the news coverage we deserve. The Media seems to
think alot of Lawton going to the Cubs. Does Pittsburgh realize theyve been helping the Cubs every year?

Cubune:
6 cub stories
3 sox stories
Cub-Times
9 cub stories
3 sox stories

3rd Place, 1 game over .500 CUBS 86 stories
1st Place, 33 games over .500 SOX 44 stories

WHATS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE ?

kittle42
08-01-2005, 11:31 AM
Are you counting Ryne Sanderg HOF induction pieces as Cub articles? While technically true, kinda unfair.

LuvSox
08-01-2005, 11:33 AM
I don't see how Lawton is helping the flubs. If he was any good he wouldn't be in Pittsburgh in the first place.

The Sun Times is swelling with Cubness today, even without counting Ryno stories.

Dick Allen
08-01-2005, 11:59 AM
I don't see how Lawton is helping the flubs. If he was any good he wouldn't be in Pittsburgh in the first place.

The Sun Times is swelling with Cubness today, even without counting Ryno stories.And the Sammy watch continues, as well.:angry: :angry:

cheeses_h_rice
08-01-2005, 12:01 PM
And the Sammy watch continues, as well.:angry: :angry:

What is that?

Dick Allen
08-01-2005, 12:11 PM
What is that?It's a little blurb that summarizes Sammy's most recent game along with YTD stats. This has been going on since the beginning of the season, though not printed every day anymore. You were probably better off not knowing about this.:redneck

cheeses_h_rice
08-01-2005, 12:29 PM
It's a little blurb that summarizes Sammy's most recent game along with YTD stats. This has been going on since the beginning of the season, though not printed every day anymore. You were probably better off not knowing about this.:redneck

Why is a Chicago newspaper keeping track of some Orioles player's stats?

:?:

Hangar18
08-01-2005, 02:00 PM
And the Sammy watch continues, as well.:angry: :angry:

Not to mention the Nomar Watch .........

Fenway
08-01-2005, 02:05 PM
be fair

Cubune prints White Sox magic number

Cubs magic number

Goose
08-01-2005, 02:43 PM
be fair

Cubune prints White Sox magic number

Does anyone else feel the SOX magic number is a little tongue-in-cheek by the Tribune? I feel like they are making us the butt of their joke...thoughts?

Should we count that as a Cubs story???

Fenway
08-01-2005, 02:46 PM
Does anyone else feel the SOX magic number is a little tongue-in-cheek by the Tribune? I feel like they are making us the butt of their joke...thoughts?

I have never seen a paper publish the number this early except once

The 1969 Cubs

you maybe right

SOXPHILE
08-01-2005, 03:25 PM
I have never seen a paper publish the number this early except once

The 1969 Cubs

you maybe right

Awe man, the Tribune/WGN Radio/WGN T.V./CLTV/Chicago Magazine talks about them all the time. That's the team that went to and won the World Series, right ? Thus, all the coverage they continue to get.

Dick Allen
08-01-2005, 04:13 PM

Should we count that as a Cubs story???The Cub-Times is doing the same thing.