PDA

View Full Version : torre plays favorites?

chaerulez
08-01-2005, 08:05 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=2120931

And this is the mighty organization we're suppose to be afraid of? A manager that puts confidence in Tanyon Sturtze as one of his main bullpen guys. Although it could be questioned if Groom is just making stuff up but the fact Torre' had his boys was brought up in Buster Olney's book The Last Day of the Yankees Dynasty. And Raul Mondesi blasted Torre on his way out of NY (although no one really took it seriously because it was Mondesi). Nothing would please me to see this organization miss the playoffs and see the took on the faces of chumps like Torre and Jeter.

spiffie
08-01-2005, 09:48 AM
Don't you know there cannot be playoffs without the Yankees. They would be a joke without the face of baseball, Derek Jeter, involved. In fact, they're better than the platoffs, and if the playoffs try to go on without them, they should crown themselves champs and have a parade for themselves, the REAL champions.

Stroker Ace
08-01-2005, 11:33 PM
I would LOVE it if the Yankmees missed the postseason and the Sox went far. If anything, just to rub it in the face of my roomate next semester, who happens to be a die-hard yanks fan.

MIgrenade
08-01-2005, 11:38 PM
Don't you know there cannot be playoffs without the Yankees. They would be a joke without the face of baseball, Derek Jeter, involved. In fact, they're better than the platoffs, and if the playoffs try to go on without them, they should crown themselves champs and have a parade for themselves, the REAL champions.

This seems like a larf but then I recall those Yankee fans who said that the All Star game cannot be without Jeter because he was on the commercials for the game. Welcome to mediocrity.

SOX ADDICT '73
08-02-2005, 12:27 AM
...the All Star game cannot be without Jeter because he was on the commercials for the game...
Though FOX ultimately replaced Jeter with I-Roid in their commercials, other networks (including ESPN) continued to air the original version, which featured a grinning Jeter swinging at a pinball hurled by Roger Clemens, for several days after Pods won the final spot. IIRC, I even saw this during the Home Run Derby - one night prior to the game!

As Stuart Smalley would say, "Denial's not just a river in Egypt."

Banix12
08-02-2005, 01:04 AM
torre plays favorites?

How else do you explain Luis Sojo's long run as a backup on the Yankees. It's not there weren't better players