PDA

View Full Version : Stark on LaMar

BeviBall!
08-01-2005, 08:56 AM
This is what KW and others were dealing with. Sounds like a crazy roto-GM to me.

Link (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=stark_jayson&id=2121261&num=2)

The complaints about LaMar -- a Deadline Day tradition -- were a little different than usual, though. This time, LaMar really had teams convinced he was going to move Baez and Huff for sure, and probably Lugo, too.
Then, on Sunday, he started telling teams Lugo wasn't even available "after telling everyone he'd move him," said one front-office man.

"I'm always amazed," added one frustrated GM, "by a team that needs that much help, as bad as it is, and doesn't do anything."

"I don't understand what they were doing," said an executive of one contender. "I thought we made real solid offers for a couple of their guys, and we'd never get a response. They'd never give you names of guys they want. They wouldn't tell you what they were trying to do. You were never sure who they wanted. You could never tell whether guys you were talking about were available. And they might not even call back."

samram
08-01-2005, 09:39 AM
Yeah, Chuck Lamar is an awful GM and he's been an important piece in running the DRays right into the ground. I've said it in other threads, and I'll say it again. He'll be looking to trade all three of those guys again next year, and they will be fetching far lower prices than they would have this year.

knocko94
08-01-2005, 10:37 AM
"I don't understand what they were doing," said an executive of one contender. "I thought we made real solid offers for a couple of their guys, and we'd never get a response. They'd never give you names of guys they want. They wouldn't tell you what they were trying to do. You were never sure who they wanted. You could never tell whether guys you were talking about were available. And they might not even call back."

This part is about the equally crappy Reds GM, to be fair to ol' Chuck.

BeviBall!
08-01-2005, 10:46 AM
This part is about the equally crappy Reds GM, to be fair to ol' Chuck.

Yes, you're right. Thanks for clarifying... amazing some of these GMs have jobs.