PDA

View Full Version : Ozzie lets the expletives fly during his post-game conference.

SomebodyToldMe
08-01-2005, 01:15 AM
The Oz felt as though Iguchi getting hit was intentional.

From the whitesox.com recap:

"There is no doubt in my mind they hit him on purpose. Ain't nobody going to tell me [different]," Guillen said. "That was right behind the kid. But when you're horse [bleep], that's what you do. You know what I mean.

"I don't respect that kind of game. Get people out. Get people out to be here. That's unnecessary. That's not baseball. You come here, this is the big leagues. This is not Little League or Triple-A or Double-A, where they can do whatever they want. People have to respect players. "That's chicken [bleep] what they did," Guillen added. "I think good pitchers win games and horse [bleep] pitchers hit people. You're going to hit somebody? It's not anybody's fault you got a [butt] kicking. Throw strikes and get people out. You can get somebody hurt."

"I should feel mad because I respect this game," Guillen said. "People do that thing because they are under the ground. When you do that, I hate it. "That thing was unprofessional. Pitch good. Just don't hit people. And if they tell me they no hit [Iguchi], they're full of [bleep] too. They did it. On purpose."

JB98
08-01-2005, 01:19 AM
LOL. I love profanity-laced tirades.

I'm glad we didn't retaliate though. We don't need suspensions or injuries sustained in a brawl. We have a lot more to lose than the Orioles do. Screw Baltimore. Let's whip their ass again tomorrow.

Mercy!
08-01-2005, 01:28 AM
The best thing Oz could do is play Pods tomorrow. And after we go up by, oh, 6 runs, have him heck, have everyone with speed on the team start stealing every base they can. Until the last out of the game.

Note to Joey: I've changed my mind. Great idea - send Konerko again. :D:

Realist
There's something very comforting about a foul mouthed baseball manager.

That reminds me, does this (http://www.angelfire.com/il2/cubssuck/elia.htm) ever get old? :redneck

mr_genius
LOL. I love profanity-laced tirades.

I'm glad we didn't retaliate though. We don't need suspensions or injuries sustained in a brawl. We have a lot more to lose than the Orioles do. Screw Baltimore. Let's whip their ass again tomorrow.

good point but i would have still beaned one of em

maybe tomorrow :cool:

basilesox
08-01-2005, 01:49 AM

That reminds me, does this (http://www.angelfire.com/il2/cubssuck/elia.htm) ever get old? :redneck

That website is hilarious......That has to be a WSI member. Who is it?

RadioheadRocks
08-01-2005, 01:58 AM

Exactly... it's called taking the high road. Gotta love the Sox!!! :D:

JGarlandrules20
08-01-2005, 02:06 AM
I hate when jerkface pitchers throw at our hitters just because they're frustrated about their own teams struggles. :mad:

How about we just complete the 4 game sweep tomorrow as retaliation...

Chisox003
08-01-2005, 02:18 AM

I'm glad Ozzie's managing this team (For a lot of reasons....:cool: ), because if that's me, Roberts gets drilled leading off the next inning....

Looking back on Gooch getting hit now, though, the best thing we can do is go sweep their asses right out of Baltimore tomorrow...Suspension free

And I agree with the post suggesting running all over the...From what I've seen of Javy, he cant throw a lick

Ahh, sweet retaliation.........I can hear it now

:hawk
"SAFE! And the ball goes into Centerfield!! So Paulie, will pick up his first swipe of the season, Pablo will trot home on the overthrow, and it's 12-1 good guys! ... *chuckles* Boy, payback's a bitch, aint it Leo?"

Falstaff
08-01-2005, 03:18 AM
yeah I am impressed with Ozzie's overall gumption.

And, somebody tell Gooch to rub some Oil of Wintergreen on that knot
it will help and smell good too.

Optipessimism
08-01-2005, 03:25 AM
I don't know about playing fair. If I'm Ozzie, I hit Sosa tomorrow (obviously not because he's performing well, but because it would be fun).

I guess the 'classy' way would be to beat their asses something like 11-2, but we could still do that too. That said, knowing that after Ozzie's comments someone could receive a suspension, I'd bring in Adkins late in the game just to hit him. That way he gets suspended but can feel like he did something to help the team before being sent back down again.

Chips
08-01-2005, 06:07 AM

No it doesn't, the Lee Elia rant is great.

Dan H
08-01-2005, 07:01 AM
I loved this rant. Can anyone imagine Jerry Manuel doing this? Or even the great trusty Dusty?

LuvSox
08-01-2005, 07:58 AM
That's our guy, Ozzie Guillen, southside icon. Cherish these years my friends. We don't get a manager like this very often.

BeviBall!
08-01-2005, 08:02 AM
I loved this rant. Can anyone imagine Jerry Manuel doing this? Or even the great trusty Dusty?

If Manuel did it, it would have been in the back of a holistic/new age herbal store. And instead of using the word (bleep) he would use words such as "love" and "smiles".

chaerulez
08-01-2005, 08:09 AM
I think the first inning we get with 2 outs and no one on, there should be a batter hit (hopefully it's Shammy). Only a warning should be given. If the O's want to take it further it's up to them. In 2000, that fight against the Tigers I think brought the team together so I don't think the consquences from a fight would be that horrible.

ChiSoxPatF
08-01-2005, 09:48 AM
While I don't think Gooch was hit intentionally (it just seemed to get away from Williams), I absolutely love it when Guillen does this. Gooch knows that Ozzie has his back and will take a national beating in the media just to stick up for his players.

Realist
08-01-2005, 09:57 AM
While I don't think Gooch was hit intentionally (it just seemed to get away from Williams), I absolutely love it when Guillen does this. Gooch knows that Ozzie has his back and will take a national beating in the media just to stick up for his players.

Not only does Gooch know that, I'm sure every member of the team appreciates Ozzie's loyalty too. I'm very impressed with how Ozzie manages his players and my respect for him grows with each day.

A_ROW33
08-01-2005, 09:59 AM
I'm glad it's Ozzie running this team, he is able to show his support for his players without dropping down to the level of the orioles. If it was me running the team I'd bring in Jenks and tell him to end Palmeiro's career right here today, because he is the only one who's season counts for anything for that team.

Irishsox1
08-01-2005, 10:19 AM
Gooch was hit on purpose. As soon as he got hit, I thought that it was intentional. The guy was 7 for 10 in the series, scored 5 runs and drove in 3.

You hit a guy in retaliation and you hit a guy when he's hot. There methods work, they got him out of the game. The only problems is that Baltimore's pitching sucks and they can't hold a lead.

Lee Mazilli is quickly turning into a hot head/block head manager. He gets kicked out of Friday's game after only 1 out, his pitchers hit Sox players on purpose and he hasn't told Tajada to shut up. Just because you managed under Joe Torre, that doesn't mean you get to bring the $200 million payroll.

SpammySosa
08-01-2005, 10:24 AM
If it was me running the team I'd bring in Jenks and tell him to end Palmeiro's career right here today, because he is the only one who's season counts for anything for that team.

Now that is just plain stupid.

RKMeibalane
08-01-2005, 10:27 AM
I'm glad it's Ozzie running this team, he is able to show his support for his players without dropping down to the level of the orioles. If it was me running the team I'd bring in Jenks and tell him to end Palmeiro's career right here today, because he is the only one who's season counts for anything for that team.

Are you out of your mind?

A_ROW33
08-01-2005, 10:55 AM
Are you out of your mind?

Maybe not quite out of my mind but the anger of what they did to iguchi certainly prevented me from rational analysis.
Apon further thought I'd leave Jenks out of it, I don't want to mess up the young man's career by giving him a bad reputation to begin with. Also It'd b better to leave it to the pitcher to decide where to hit him.
I'd still go after Raffy though, they knocked our MVP out of the game, they are fading away in the standings so i'd go after their fan favorite future hall of famer.

LuvSox
08-01-2005, 11:00 AM
While we're head hunting, let's go after Byrnes, he's a Sox killer.

Over By There
08-01-2005, 11:07 AM
If it was me running the team I'd bring in Jenks and tell him to end Palmeiro's career right here today

That's an awful statement. I hope you're not serious.

wassagstdu
08-01-2005, 11:50 AM
Gooch was hit on purpose. As soon as he got hit, I thought that it was intentional. The guy was 7 for 10 in the series, scored 5 runs and drove in 3.

You hit a guy in retaliation and you hit a guy when he's hot. There [sic] methods work, they got him out of the game. The only problems is that Baltimore's pitching sucks and they can't hold a lead.

Lee Mazilli is quickly turning into a hot head/block head manager. He gets kicked out of Friday's game after only 1 out, his pitchers hit Sox players on purpose and he hasn't told Tajada to shut up. Just because you managed under Joe Torre, that doesn't mean you get to bring the $200 million payroll.

Remember the 1983 playoffs vs the Zeroes? Baltimore threw at the Sox and I thought at the time that it made them lose focus and cost them the series. I still think it was Larussa's fault for letting/making that happen. Ozzie handled this incident much better. But it seems to be a part of the culture of the Zeroes.

Edit: Wasn't Ray Miller the Os' pitching coach in 1983??

fquaye149
08-01-2005, 11:56 AM
That's an awful statement. I hope you're not serious.

Well based on what we know now, it would probably just bounce off his head anyway and he'd turn green like balke's signature

LVSoxFan
08-01-2005, 12:25 PM
I love it. When was the last time (since Ditka maybe) that Chicago had such a big-mouthed manager? Hilarious.

I agree that sometimes you need to retaliate; although since we were beating their asses last night there was no need to get them all fired up. I don't mind an ill-intentioned beanball, as long as nobody's going for the head.

DrGiggles
08-01-2005, 12:29 PM
We're not going to retalitate and hit someone else. Didn't you hear Ozzie on how pissed off he was someone did that on purpose. Unless he wants to look stupid he wouldn't intentionally hit one of their players.

Rocklive99
08-01-2005, 12:34 PM
I thought it was on purpose as well right when it happened, mainly because in his last atbat Iguchi just missed getting nailed in his head

MsSoxVixen22
08-01-2005, 12:49 PM
Ozzie kicks ass

DaleJRFan
08-01-2005, 12:54 PM
Ozzie kicks ass

I was going to post the same thing. I love Ozzie.

I was at a townie bar in Aurora this weekend and there were 3 guys in Cubs hats yelling at each other about how awesome Ozzie is, about how he'll seemingly intentionally take heat in the press to detract attention from a player.

He is not only a player's manager, but he is a baseball guy... he's the whole package.

We are very fortunate to have him here. I am glad KW locked him up long term. As others have said here, we need to enjoy this. Great manager, awesome GM, owner who seems to have finally opened the wallet, some great minor league prospects... it is going to be a great 3-5 years here if all goes well.

EastCoastSoxFan
08-01-2005, 01:27 PM
I guess we all need to brace for another after that BS ejection of Buehrle...

tstrike2000
08-01-2005, 01:27 PM

Thank you for the link. I haven't laughed this hard in a while.

RavenswoodFan
08-01-2005, 01:29 PM
I guess we all need to brace for another after that BS ejection of Buehrle...
Hawk nearly lost it on that one! I can't wait to hear the bleeps after this game!!!:angry:
Go Ozzie!:smile:

EastCoastSoxFan
08-01-2005, 01:43 PM
Hawk nearly lost it on that one! I can't wait to hear the bleeps after this game!!!:angry:
Go Ozzie!:smile:
I'm listening to Rooney & Farmer -- did Hawk let out a 'BS' or two...?

downstairs
08-01-2005, 01:49 PM
I'm listening to Rooney & Farmer -- did Hawk let out a 'BS' or two...?

Yep. Lots. But he didn't use the full term, just "B.S."

RavenswoodFan
08-01-2005, 02:09 PM
Yep. Lots. But he didn't use the full term, just "B.S."
I meant Ozzie's bleeps during the post game. Hawk was pretty vocal about it and did say it was BS! What did Roony and Farmer say?

Sxy Mofo
08-01-2005, 03:05 PM
Is anyone else really, really looking forward to his post game press conference after todays game?

fisk4ever
08-01-2005, 07:43 PM

What a classless statement! What lousy grammar! What logic!
I, too, am glad you are not running the team.

Vernam
08-01-2005, 08:11 PM
There's something very comforting about a foul mouthed baseball manager. That reminds me, does this (http://www.angelfire.com/il2/cubssuck/elia.htm) ever get old? :redneckI think Dusty has the Elia tape playing on a loop in his BMW. And they're still waiting to "hit that f***ing groove." :cool:

Thanks for the link,

VC

CaptainBallz
08-01-2005, 08:29 PM
Thank you for the link. I haven't laughed this hard in a while.

Classic. That link just went out to about 20 Cubs fans in my contact list... Ugh, I personally know 20 Cubs fans..:whiner:

gobears1987
08-01-2005, 08:37 PM

When I read this post earlier, I thought you were nuts. Now that we know Raffy's a cheater, I'd love to see Jenks throw at him if we saw him again. I'd give Jenks a medal for doing so.

Irishsox1
08-01-2005, 09:35 PM
Remember the 1983 playoffs vs the Zeroes? Baltimore threw at the Sox and I thought at the time that it made them lose focus and cost them the series. I still think it was Larussa's fault for letting/making that happen. Ozzie handled this incident much better. But it seems to be a part of the culture of the Zeroes.

Edit: Wasn't Ray Miller the Os' pitching coach in 1983??

Yes, Ray Miller was the pitching coach in 1983 for the O's. Looking back at the 1983 series, LaRussa must have learned from what he did wrong and would have treated it differently now, because I doubt LaRussa would fall for such a cheap ploy. I always felt that LaRussa tightened up in the '83 playoffs and the Sox tightened up also. You have to stay loose, but focused.

Ozzie did the right thing by pushing Pierzinski and Buehrle away and talking with the umpire. He's the one that needs to get animated, but at the same time, stay in the game. Mazilli blew his cool in game 1, got tossed and his team played out of control the rest of the series.

MIgrenade
08-01-2005, 11:33 PM
When I read this post earlier, I thought you were nuts. Now that we know Raffy's a cheater, I'd love to see Jenks throw at him if we saw him again. I'd give Jenks a medal for doing so.

Sounds like a Jesus Pena/Jerry Manuel move so I don't like it.

Nellie_Fox
08-02-2005, 01:07 AM
I'd like to see Ozzie manage on the southside for about another twenty years.