PDA

View Full Version : When Manny speaks, all of baseball listens

Frankfan4life
07-31-2005, 11:02 PM
Manny played the BoSox and the rest of baseball like a fiddle. He said he wanted to be traded because he has no privacy. Then ESPN and the rest of the league goes crazy trying to figure out where he is going to go. He had the BoSox fans and his teammates begging him to stay. Then, he just changes his mind and says he wants to stay and he gets a standing ovation from the fans and just revels in it.

I actually heard an ESPN reporter ask Manny if he was happy he wasn't traded? Are you kidding me? He put this ball in motion.

Did he do this for attention? You bet he did and he got plenty of it. What a spoiled brat.

soltrain21
07-31-2005, 11:06 PM
I laughed my ass off when they gave him a standing ovation. Those fans are a bunch of clowns.

Palehose13
07-31-2005, 11:07 PM
I laughed my ass off when they gave him a standing ovation. Those fans are a bunch of clowns.

You said it. Cub fans of the AL. :rolleyes:

RadioheadRocks
07-31-2005, 11:09 PM
Manny played the BoSox and the rest of baseball like a fiddle. He said he wanted to be traded because he has no privacy. Then ESPN and the rest of the league goes crazy trying to figure out where he is going to go. He had the BoSox fans and his teammates begging him to stay. Then, he just changes his mind and says he wants to stay and he gets a standing ovation from the fans and just revels in it.

I actually heard an ESPN reporter ask Manny if he was happy he wasn't traded? Are you kidding me? He put this ball in motion.

Did he do this for attention? You bet he did and he got plenty of it. What a spoiled brat.

Coming soon to a theater near you... "THE MIRROR HAS TWO FACES", starring Manny Ramirez :D:

Rocklive99
07-31-2005, 11:13 PM
If I hear that postgame interview one more time, I'll barf "man!" The funny thing is that this came just after Hawk was saying how Boston and Chicago are the easiest places to play, nothing close to NY, and I had given Manny the benefit of the doubt with that creepy "Red Sox Nation", but after they keep replaying all those events I realize what douches the whole bunches of them really are.

If they don't make the playoffs, then this whole thing will happen the same way again towards the end of the year. I don't know which I would pick, no Red Sox in playoffs, or having to hear about this situation again

Frankfan4life
07-31-2005, 11:31 PM
If they don't make the playoffs, then this whole thing will happen the same way again towards the end of the year. I don't know which I would pick, no Red Sox in playoffs, or having to hear about this situation againI was thinking the same thing. Manny says he wants to stay to help the Red Sox win another World Series. I really hope the Red Sox don't make the playoffs. Then maybe he'll get traded to the Rockies. If that happens, I'll be happy to listen to him whine.

tstrike2000
07-31-2005, 11:55 PM

Exactly, this story is one of the most pathetic I have ever heard. Someone with that much talent getting everything he wants and doesn't deserve a.k.a. 20 mill a year and fans then creates his own publicity saying he has no privacy. Then he has the stones to demand a trade? Way to contradict yourself. The man is classless and a sorry excuse for a real man on the baseball diamond. Every person that gives someone like that a standing ovation should be ashamed of themselves. Hey Manny, if you feel like you've been mistreated, stop your whining and donate some of your time with abused kids or serve the homeless in a soup kitchen and you'll see what REAL mistreated people are like.

Frankly Missing
08-01-2005, 08:03 AM
The inmates are running the assylum in Boston, on and off the field.

Ol' No. 2
08-01-2005, 09:14 AM
"Forget the trade, man. This is where I want to be, man."

Is there a set of clown shoes big enough for this guy, man?

Fenway
08-01-2005, 11:15 AM

No you saw firsthand the 2 totally different sides of fans that go to Fenway Park.

On Friday you had the hardcore fans who live in the city and they gave it to Manny bigtime.

Sunday you had the fans who come down from Maine, NH , Vermont and the rest of the USA. These are the clowns that still do the wave.

Once again do NOT compare us to the morons that visit 1060 West.

Just another routine week in Bahston

http://news.bostonherald.com/galleries/images/576863_front08012005.jpg

http://news.bostonherald.com/galleries/images/236452_sports07282005.jpg
http://news.bostonherald.com/galleries/images/171825_sportspage.jpg
http://news.bostonherald.com/galleries/images/434345_sports08012005.jpg

fquaye149
08-01-2005, 11:54 AM
yeah. you all hate manny.

I bet you loved fidrych because he was an "eccentric, funloving guy"

what's the difference in the showboating?

Fenway
08-01-2005, 11:58 AM
The media is eating this up

Theo explains what happened

August 1, 2005--Theo Espstein (http://eod.liquidviewer.com/weei-od/Theo--8-1-05.wma)

http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/Globe_Photo/2005/08/01/1122886185_4032.jpg

chuckn98229
08-01-2005, 12:07 PM
I used to think the Red Sox were ok. Not anymore. I am not sure when it happened, but they really have morphed into the AL cubs. You could go back a few years, change the team and the city, and easily imagine the same mediot frenzy over sammy in a similar situation. Are sammy and manny related?

Fenway
08-01-2005, 12:19 PM
I used to think the Red Sox were ok. Not anymore. I am not sure when it happened, but they really have morphed into the AL cubs. You could go back a few years, change the team and the city, and easily imagine the same mediot frenzy over sammy in a similar situation. Are sammy and manny related?

Is interest in Boston with the Red Sox over the top? Of course it is. BUT there is a huge difference between the Cubs and Red Sox fanbase.

In Boston and 5 1/2 states the Red Sox are it. The Chicago team that has a fanbase close to the Red Sox is the Bears. The Packers are your Yankees.

But as I stated a few posts back the fans who go to games during the week are the hardcore fans from Boston itself, the weekends you get the out of towners.

Frankly Missing
08-01-2005, 01:41 PM
Fenway, You claim the fans that go to games during the week are the real "hard core" fans from the city and the Sunday fans that cheered Manny are "morons "from other places.

I guess your theory will be tested tomorrow night. The "hard core" Boston city fans will have their chance to boo Manny for his latest antics.

On a personal note, I grew up and lived most of my life a couple hours outside of Chicago. I do not consider myself any less of a Sox fan for it. I would consider it very snobbish (to put it lightly) if some yahoo from the city called me a moron.

Fenway
08-01-2005, 01:44 PM
Fenway, You claim the fans that go to games during the week are the real "hard core" fans from the city and the Sunday fans that cheered Manny are morons from other places.

I guess your theory will be tested tomorrow night. The "hard core" Boston city fans will have their chance to boo Manny for his latest antics.

On a personal note, I grew up and lived most of my life a couple hours outside of Chicago. I do not consider myself any less of a Sox fan for it. I would consider it very snobbish (to put it lightly) if some yahoo from the city called me a moron.

I am a snob when it comes to The Wave and beachballs :angry:

hey Manny helped the White Sox yesterday putting another nail in the Twins coffin

Rooney4Prez56
08-01-2005, 03:38 PM
I'm sick of people saying that when Manny does something stupid...like going into the Monster during the game....they say "It's just Manny being Manny." What kind of excuse is that? He better grow up fast or his antics are going to hurt his reputation. I don't care if he's a great player. Terrell Owens is a great wide reciever in the NFL, does that make him a great person? NO! Manny can get away with it now because he continues to play and his team continues to win, but the first time he slips up and his clowning around costs his team a game or an important series, we'll see how much he's loved.

mccoydp
08-01-2005, 03:48 PM
So let me get this straight: Manny whines about his "privacy", says he wants to be traded; the Sawx furiously work the lines to try to put together an amenable deal for all parties involved to trade this guy; Manny then decides "Nah, I'm just playin'...I want to stay here in Baw-stun..."; Ramirez is then promptly cheered, hugged, and given a standing O.

Isn't there something ******-up about all of this?

What a worthless excuse for a player on a baseball team.

MikeLove
08-01-2005, 04:09 PM
what does everyone have against the wave?! its fun to see it happen every once in a while. At one of the games i went to last year against the twins (the game torii hunter hit our catcher, and the next one) they got the wave goin real good with a sellout crowd and it looked so sweet. just a little bit of fun!

ChiWhiteSox1337
08-01-2005, 04:16 PM
I thought the wave looked pretty cool, but then I turned 8 years old. Some of the people in attendance want to watch what's on the field, and it's hard to do that when half of the people in your section are standing up at the same time.

spiffie
08-01-2005, 04:29 PM
what does everyone have against the wave?! its fun to see it happen every once in a while. At one of the games i went to last year against the twins (the game torii hunter hit our catcher, and the next one) they got the wave goin real good with a sellout crowd and it looked so sweet. just a little bit of fun!
Yeah, nothing is more sweet during a game where the other team is cheap shotting your guys and no one is fighting back than to spend all your energy focusing on whether the fans can stand in a synchronized manner and ignore what's happening on the field.

Nothing gets me more annoyed at a game than the wave. When I see Sox "fans" participating in it and getting all excited because "YAY! We all get to stand up and sit down at the same time!" it just makes me wonder if we're any better than the folks up at The Urinal. :angry: :angry:

Frankly Missing
08-03-2005, 08:05 AM
No you saw firsthand the 2 totally different sides of fans that go to Fenway Park.

On Friday you had the hardcore fans who live in the city and they gave it to Manny bigtime.

Sunday you had the fans who come down from Maine, NH , Vermont and the rest of the USA. These are the clowns that still do the wave.

Once again do NOT compare us to the morons that visit 1060 West.

Just another routine week in Bahston

http://news.bostonherald.com/galleries/images/576863_front08012005.jpg

http://news.bostonherald.com/galleries/images/236452_sports07282005.jpg
http://news.bostonherald.com/galleries/images/171825_sportspage.jpg
http://news.bostonherald.com/galleries/images/434345_sports08012005.jpg

Your theory about the weekday "hardcore" savvy Red Sox fans vs the Sunday "moron" fans didnt hold water.

Your "hardcore" fans went into a idol worshipping frenzy at the sight of ramirez Tuesday night.

Red Sox fans have given Man Thing a liscense to say whatever he wants , do anything he wants, act any way he wants.

Ramirez has no respect for his team, team mates or the fans and gets the red carpet treatment in Boston.

In case you havent noticed, we have some real heros to cheer for in Chicago. Players who sacrifice their at bats and give up their steaks to protect their team mates.

It's what we call SOX PRIDE.