PDA

View Full Version : Cash Reward Offered...

Tragg
07-26-2001, 10:24 PM
Any team who has a 30+ year old minor league outfielder, please call Kenny Williams. He will not only give you cash, but he will give you a major league player as well.

Jerry_Manuel
07-26-2001, 10:39 PM
Again I believe the cash was given as the Sox paying a portion of Baldwin's contract.

Tragg
07-26-2001, 10:51 PM
Of course that's why. But why the hell should we pay them to take a player from us? But not only did this genius get us a 32 year old minor leaguer, he had to pick up some of baldwin's contract?
Is this a good deal?

I have one question. Did Kenny Williams have White Sox scouts personally watch and grade, in person, these 3 "prospects" sometime in the last month?

Jerry_Manuel
07-26-2001, 10:55 PM
Of course that's why. But why the hell should we pay them to take a player from us? But not only did this genius get us a 32 year old minor leaguer, he had to pick up some of baldwin's contract? I have one question. Did Kenny Williams have White Sox scouts personally watch and grade, in person, these 3 "prospects" sometime in the last month?

Well the Sox know one of the guys in Majewski since he was with us before. And this 32 year old outfielder was in Japan or from Japan or something crazy like that but that wasn't even the guy he thought he was getting. I don't know if they had scouts at these games I would assume so. I'm sure LA said pay part of his contract or no deal. And JR and KW said ok so they could get his salary out of here.

Tragg
07-26-2001, 11:07 PM
Majewski was with us last year - and we liked him last year.
This year, however, he has a 6+ era in A ball - to me, it suggests we might want to take a fresh look.

Jerry_Manuel
07-26-2001, 11:09 PM
Majewski was with us last year - and we liked him last year. This year, however, he has a 6+ era in A ball - to me, it suggests we might want to take a fresh look.

Well we shall see what happens.

Tragg
07-26-2001, 11:20 PM
Yea, you're right.
It's not that big a deal - JB was leaving.

But, this time of year, when you deal vets to contenders, you should get a bonus - a premium. Seems like we paid the premium, when the dodgers should have.

it's not like we traded one of our studs for little on paper, so it really isn't a negative.