PDA

View Full Version : Waivers?

gobears1987
07-31-2005, 09:40 PM
How do August waivers work?

mrzerofan
07-31-2005, 10:13 PM
Should've watched the game tonight. They explained it on ESPN.

jake27
07-31-2005, 10:33 PM
waviers mean (from what i can explain) that players can still be traded but they have to go through waviers. that means that player is run by every club and the club had an option of claming him off waviers. when you claim him off waviers, your saying that if he is avaible, you will pick him up. then the team who put him on waviers pulls him back so to speak so the other team cant claim him. players who clear waivers are usually guys with huge price tags or just are players that no team would want. wow i didnt explain that well :o: , mabye that helped a little

Rocklive99
07-31-2005, 10:37 PM
waviers mean (from what i can explain) that players can still be traded but they have to go through waviers. that means that player is run by every club and the club had an option of claming him off waviers. when you claim him off waviers, your saying that if he is avaible, you will pick him up. then the team who put him on waviers pulls him back so to speak so the other team cant claim him. players who clear waivers are usually guys with huge price tags or just are players that no team would want. wow i didnt explain that well :o: , mabye that helped a little

That was good, at least as much I know about it. During the game, they said it goes from the order of worst record to the best for teams who claim the player, and goes in the league of which the players was in first, and then moves on to the worst team in the other league.

Wow, you're right, it is hard to explain in words. :?:

Daver
07-31-2005, 10:42 PM
Read the CBA, it is spelled out chapter and verse.