PDA

View Full Version : Sox option Gload and Harris to AAA. Adkins called up.

CYGarland20
07-31-2005, 05:26 PM
Per Rotoworld. Blum will take Gload/Harris place, and Adkins will help in Long Relief. I feel sorry for Gload though, he is definitely a better hitter than Blum IMO.

Pulaski
07-31-2005, 05:30 PM
Per Rotoworld. Blum will take Gload/Harris place, and Adkins will help in Long Relief. I feel sorry for Gload though, he is definitely a better hitter than Blum IMO.

It is about time that we sent Harris packing. He has been a waste of a bench spot all year!

BeviBall!
07-31-2005, 05:32 PM
Gload didn't help his cause on Wednesday. At least we have a decent defensive sub in Blum for PK, JC and JD. Gload could only spell Konerko.

SomebodyToldMe
07-31-2005, 05:34 PM
Hey, Willie. You were right. We did get somebody. And have fun in the minors, pal.

:bandance:

CYGarland20
07-31-2005, 05:34 PM
Gload didn't help his cause on Wednesday. At least we have a decent defensive sub in Blum for PK, JC and JD. Gload could only spell Konerko. True, but i think Gload can definitely help this team in the playoffs.

TomParrish79
07-31-2005, 05:35 PM
well all the Gload supporters should love this...

But I am glad to see Willie gone, I like him and all but I want to see Tad out there at 2B everyday.

Plus they will be back when they expand the rosters.....i think

RallyBowl
07-31-2005, 05:36 PM
I wonder why Adkins instead of Bajenaru (sp?)? Can anyone shed some light on that for me?

Jjav829
07-31-2005, 05:37 PM
True, but i think Gload can definitely help this team in the playoffs.

Gload will in all likelihood be back for the playoffs. I don't think this is a permanent move. It's just a temporary thing to get another reliever in here and help take some of the burden off the bullpen. Adkins will most likely be sent back down in a couple weeks so Gload can return, unless we pull off a big waiver-wire deal for a bat.

Whitesox4ever
07-31-2005, 05:37 PM
Gload hasnt look great at the plate since he was called up..

I wonder why the havent called up Baj

CYGarland20
07-31-2005, 05:38 PM
I wonder why Adkins instead of Bajenaru (sp?)? Can anyone shed some light on that for me? Long relief

SluggersAway
07-31-2005, 05:39 PM
Interesting.

Blum should help the team. Gload is a net loss, but there is just no room for him. Harris will not be missed.

I just hope Adkins has his "stuff" together and can contribute. I'd venture to say that he'll be better than Shingo has been, but that is not saying much. We really need our pitching staff to stay on target and produce as they have so far, if they do so, we'll be right in the thivk of things, and the future will look bright.

Ol' No. 2
07-31-2005, 05:40 PM
Gload will in all likelihood be back for the playoffs. I don't think this is a permanent move. It's just a temporary thing to get another reliever in here and help take some of the burden off the bullpen. Adkins will most likely be sent back down in a couple weeks so Gload can return, unless we pull off a big waiver-wire deal for a bat. Yeah, they went to 7 relievers in late May when they had a long stretch without any days off. I read it as the same thing. They'll drop back down to 6 relievers in a couple of weeks.

SoxyStu
07-31-2005, 05:41 PM
Gload hasnt look great at the plate since he was called up..

I wonder why the havent called up Baj

He hasn't been studly with the glove, either.

harwar
07-31-2005, 05:46 PM
Blum pretty much replaces Willie so i can't se how that is not an upgrade.
With monday another day after night game theres a pretty good chance we'll all get to see our new player.
Also,a few weeks from now there will,more than likely,be some big trades involving high-priced players that will get through waivers because only a few teams could afford them.

Mr. White Sox
07-31-2005, 05:48 PM
Long relief

I posted this in a similar thread, but this will get more looks, so I might as well say the same thing here...

Adkins has an ERA of 5.58...in AAA. He's given up 20 home runs in 122.2 innings. Uhhh, I know that Adkins has major-league experience, but this is kind of a disappointing callup. If the Sox wanted a long-relief guy, why not call up Munoz or Diaz? Both have better numbers than Adkins in AAA, and I think we've seen enough of him.

BeviBall!
07-31-2005, 05:49 PM
Blum pretty much replaces Willie so i can't se how that is not an upgrade.

This also gets Ozuna far away from third and he can concentrate on playing second for Gooch on off days.

CYGarland20
07-31-2005, 05:51 PM
This also gets Ozuna far away from third and he can concentrate on playing second for Gooch on off days. Basically Blum subs for Crede/Pk, Ozuna for Uribe/Gooch.

chaerulez
07-31-2005, 05:53 PM
I know this has been sadi before, but seriously how does Adkins get the call up and not Baj???

anewman35
07-31-2005, 06:04 PM
I guess it's not incredibly likely to matter, but it could in case of injury or extra innings - why did we send Gload and Harris both down before the game? We're going to be playing a man short tonight because Blum isn't arriving til tomorrow.

Ol' No. 2
07-31-2005, 06:07 PM
I guess it's not incredibly likely to matter, but it could in case of injury or extra innings - why did we send Gload and Harris both down before the game? We're going to be playing a man short tonight because Blum isn't arriving til tomorrow.I'm pretty sure you have to add him to the 25-man roster when you make the trade.

CYGarland20
07-31-2005, 06:07 PM
I guess it's not incredibly likely to matter, but it could in case of injury or extra innings - why did we send Gload and Harris both down before the game? We're going to be playing a man short tonight because Blum isn't arriving til tomorrow. I think Blum might actually make it to Baltimore in time for the game.

anewman35
07-31-2005, 06:08 PM
I think Blum might actually make it to Baltimore in time for the game.

Game notes claim he'll join the team tomorrow.

SOX ADDICT '73
07-31-2005, 06:09 PM
Jon Adkins is basically a two-pitch pitcher, and neither of them is very good.

I used to amaze my wife last season with my uncanny ability to predict when Adkins would give up a home run.

I'm fine with adding him to the bullpen (as opposed to him replacing somebody shipped off in a trade); Shingo is gone, and Viz has been improving, so Ozzie needs somebody else to throw out there during garbage time. If I see Adkins on the mound with any less than an eight-run lead/deficit, I will be pissed!

Mr. White Sox
07-31-2005, 06:09 PM
I know this has been sadi before, but seriously how does Adkins get the call up and not Baj???

Because the Sox are in need of a long reliever, and Baj is a one-inning type of guy. He is also experiencing dizziness, according to the poster charlotteknights.

Again, I think Munoz or Diaz should have been called up instead.

CYGarland20
07-31-2005, 06:11 PM
Game notes claim he'll join the team tomorrow. Cool

anewman35
07-31-2005, 06:14 PM
I'm pretty sure you have to add him to the 25-man roster when you make the trade.

I could be wrong, but I was pretty sure that players usually were given a few days to report, and it doesn't seem fair that a team would have to play shorthanded. Oh well, you're probably right, because otherwise what the Sox did makes no sense.

CYGarland20
07-31-2005, 06:15 PM
Jon Adkins is basically a two-pitch pitcher, and neither of them is very good.

I used to amaze my wife last season with my uncanny ability to predict when Adkins would give up a home run.

I'm fine with adding him to the bullpen (as opposed to him replacing somebody shipped off in a trade); Shingo is gone, and Viz has been improving, so Ozzie needs somebody else to throw out there during garbage time. If I see Adkins on the mound with any less than an eight-run lead/deficit, I will be pissed! Adkins is basically here to help out if a starter gets knocked out early or get's injured. I would highly doubt he'll be used in close games, but w/ Ozzie you never know.......

bafiarocks03
07-31-2005, 06:16 PM
OH MY WILLIE!! THIS IS STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UH!!:whiner: :(: :whiner: :(: :whiner: :whiner: :whiner: :(: :(:

Mr. White Sox
07-31-2005, 06:16 PM
OH MY WILLIE!! THIS IS STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UH!!:whiner: :(: :whiner: :(: :whiner: :whiner: :whiner: :(: :(:

:rolleyes:OH NO, NOW THE TEAM'S GOING TO BE BETTER!!!!1!!!!! UGH!

duke of dorwood
07-31-2005, 06:17 PM
I am pleased with the roster moves today-good job Kenny-and way to think ahead with the pitching situation,

jeremyb1
07-31-2005, 07:52 PM
Baj must have put sugar in Kenny's gas tank when he didn't make the team in the spring or something. Ridiculous.

JimH
07-31-2005, 08:04 PM
Baj must have put sugar in Kenny's gas tank when he didn't make the team in the spring or something. Ridiculous.

I'm not seeing why it's ridiculous, they need a guy who can give them multiple innings, some of the bullpen guys are dragging right now. Bajenaru has been a one inning guy all year at Charlotte.

DrGiggles
07-31-2005, 09:02 PM
Can we get a link? Word of mouth is worth nothing and its not on the Sox website.

FarWestChicago
07-31-2005, 09:17 PM
Baj must have put sugar in Kenny's gas tank when he didn't make the team in the spring or something. Ridiculous.You can always tell when jeremy's beloved A's are winning. He shows up to rip Kenny again. :rolleyes:

Lip Man 1
07-31-2005, 09:24 PM
Any move that knocks Harris off the team is fine by me. I was surprised at the Gload move though.

Anyway in 30 days time both Gload and Shingo can come back up to the big club.

Lip

fquaye149
07-31-2005, 09:25 PM

and what did kenny do to you that has got you waiting outside his window with a pellet gun.

bigdommer
07-31-2005, 09:52 PM
I am not saying that I think Adkins should have been called up...but it is no secret that he is one of Ozzie's guys. The only reason why he hasn't been with us all season is because our starting pitching and bullpen depth was drastically improved in the offseason and Adkins struggled in the spring. And to add to the matter, BMac was such a hot name when El Duque went down that he had to be called up. Ozzie knows what he is getting with Adkins, not great but consistent. We all know that Diaz and Munoz were deers in headlights last year.

Nyls Nyman
07-31-2005, 10:00 PM
I feel badly for Gload, but right now he needs to go to Charlotte and get 85-90 PA between now and August 29 and get his timing back. Then he can come back to Chicago on the 30th and be ready for giving Paul a bit of a break during September.

Adkins is more suited to multiple-inning stints in blowouts. If Ozzie finds himself up or down 9-3 in the seventh, he can send Adkins out there for three innings and save the rest of the bullpen. That means that Adkins might only pitch every 5-8 days. He's (in my mind) less of a prospect that Baj so he draws the junk duty while Baj keeps on working on a normal schedule. It's unfair because of the salary difference, but that's what's best for the rest of the team.

soltrain21
07-31-2005, 10:03 PM
I think they are going to have Gload down there to get his "timing" down and see how Adkins does up here while giving some work off of our normal relievers.

If Adkins does well, I would assume he stays up and Timo gets sent down/released. If Adkins sucks, then Gload is back up...but atleast Atkins helped out for a few days.

FloridaSox
07-31-2005, 10:04 PM
Yes, the Russ Gload days are over. And what a career is was. Too bad he did not take Pablo Ozuna with him.

World Championships are not won with career minor leaguers.

Jurr
07-31-2005, 10:18 PM
Jon Adkins was being worked hard the same way Cotts was last year, and they were having similar results. Hopefully Adkins comes onto the club and can perform of the caliber that Cotts is.

California Sox
07-31-2005, 10:37 PM
Yes, the Russ Gload days are over. And what a career is was. Too bad he did not take Pablo Ozuna with him.

Tell that to Buddy Biancalana.

Lip Man 1
07-31-2005, 10:39 PM
Or Denny Doyle...or Tito Landrum.

Lip

kittle42
07-31-2005, 10:50 PM

How dare you? Don't you know the problem is that Gload should get *more* playing time? He's a left-handed bat with pop!

Norberto7
07-31-2005, 11:03 PM
Not in any way related to this thread...but I wonder how long our newest member, "Indiansfan4ever", will last?

Day and a half?

More? Less?

Sox55
07-31-2005, 11:13 PM
I am not saying that I think Adkins should have been called up...but it is no secret that he is one of Ozzie's guys. The only reason why he hasn't been with us all season is because our starting pitching and bullpen depth was drastically improved in the offseason and Adkins struggled in the spring.

My take on the move is that Adkins will move into the #5 spot and Contrares prepares for the bullpen where we will need him in October.........
The #5 starter is NOT important with a 14 game lead on 8/1.

FedEx227
07-31-2005, 11:44 PM
....or no.

Adkins will pitch out of the bullpen to give some relief to Pollitte, Cotts, Herm, Viz...not that big of a deal guys.

GiveMeSox
08-01-2005, 12:14 AM
With Thomas Going to the DL that opens up a roster spot for Adkins to be called up. Then to get Blum in either Willie or Gload has to go down. Why did both go down to get 1 roster spot open for Blum?

Irishsox1
08-01-2005, 12:20 AM
Adkins is NOT a major league pitcher. I would rather give a rookie a shot, rather than this pud. His stuff is weak. There has got to be a better long relief pitcher that this guy.

shoota
08-01-2005, 12:24 AM
I feel badly for Gload, but right now he needs to go to Charlotte and get 85-90 PA

What's PA?

Daver
08-01-2005, 12:28 AM
What's PA?

Plate Appearances.

elrod
08-01-2005, 12:59 AM
Somebody asked the other day who we'd send in if our starter got knocked out in the second inning. Well, Adkins is the answer.

Mr. White Sox
08-01-2005, 01:06 AM
With Thomas Going to the DL that opens up a roster spot for Adkins to be called up. Then to get Blum in either Willie or Gload has to go down. Why did both go down to get 1 roster spot open for Blum?

Thomas went on the DL and Gload was called up. Now, Gload and Willie were sent down for Adkins (I wish Diaz/Munoz) and Blum.

gobears1987
08-01-2005, 01:11 AM
Peapod, HE GAWN!!!! Yeah, he was right, we made a move.

tstrike2000
08-01-2005, 01:24 AM

I always loved Russ Gload, he was a good man. Not like Russ Gellar from the show Friends.

JB98
08-01-2005, 01:37 AM
I think they are going to have Gload down there to get his "timing" down and see how Adkins does up here while giving some work off of our normal relievers.

If Adkins does well, I would assume he stays up and Timo gets sent down/released. If Adkins sucks, then Gload is back up...but atleast Atkins helped out for a few days.

Timo isn't going anywhere regardless of what happens with Adkins. Perez is a capable defensive OF and has shown a propensity to get the big hit in the ninth inning. Gload is a 1B/DH, and there just aren't many at-bats at those spots for him right now. That's why he's the odd man out.

I was a little surprised to see Gload sent down, but I understand why it was done. Blum has the versatility to be the back-up 1B, and our bullpen needs another arm. They are trying to keep Hermanson healthy, and as a result, a few other pitchers are being overworked. They need Adkins to eat some innings. If he pitches poorly and costs us a couple games, so what? The idea is to do everything possible to keep Hermanson healthy and Politte fresh for the postseason. Since we didn't make a deal for bullpen help, we are definitely going to need those two guys to come up big in October.

JB98
08-01-2005, 01:42 AM

The only thing ridiculous is your post. Bajenaru had great numbers in AAA last year too, and he got lit up during his September call-up. What makes you think he is any better now? Furthermore, several posters have already indicated Adkins is the choice because we need a guy who can go multiple innings. We already have plenty of relievers who can handle the short work in the late innings. That should be obvious to anyone who watches the Sox on a day-to-day basis. Of course, you probably don't watch the Sox. You're probably too busy following your beloved A's, given your man-love for Billy Beane.

Mr. White Sox
08-01-2005, 01:56 AM
Quote of the Week material:

"But you never know," said Harris, who was hitting .217 in 92 at-bats. "Something can happen. One thing I can say is that this isn't the last of me just because I'm going to Triple A.

"Somebody has to go. I'll get work in. This definitely is not the last of Willie Harris."

Good luck Willie. :smile:

Lip Man 1
08-01-2005, 01:17 PM
"This definitely is not the last of Willie Harris"

Oh yes it is....don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out Willie! Come back when you learn how to bunt, and at least make contact with a pitch every ten times or so...OK?

Lip

maurice
08-01-2005, 03:31 PM
Harris will be back to pinch run in Sept.

I am not saying that I think Adkins should have been called up...but it is no secret that he is one of Ozzie's guys.

Exactly. This is the only reason that Adkins and Perez are on the team over Gload, Baj, or any of the other legion of pitchers in the Sox system who are better than Adkins. Adkins = Walker = not a major league pitcher.

The good news is that the pen is deep enough that Adkins should only pitch in garbage time. The bad news is that Ozzie likes to pitch his best relievers for 1/3 of an inning in the 6th and 7th.
:angry:

Steakpita
08-01-2005, 03:39 PM
Geoff Blum = a HUGE upgrade over Ross Gload.

Willie's right, he won't give up, hopefully he learns some things down there that he should have known already, and comes back ready to steal some bases in September/October.

maurice
08-01-2005, 03:47 PM
Blum is valuable because he can play both 1B and 3B (in addition to other positions), giving the Sox a legit defensive backup at both positions. Unfortunately, his hitting ability is less than impressive (to put it mildly).

While I initially was upset that we didn't get an impact player, nobody else did much either. It was an exceptionally boring trade deadline.

Jerome
08-01-2005, 03:59 PM

Normally I would agree with you...but have you forgotten our All Star Leadoff man? He was a long time minor leaguer whose stats were never anything spectacular until his ROY year.

But I too am glad to see them gone. It is my hope that one day we can find actual major-league ballplayers to replace Willie Harris, Ross Gload, Pablo Ozuna, Timo Perez, etc...

jeremyb1
08-01-2005, 07:32 PM
The only thing ridiculous is your post. Bajenaru had great numbers in AAA last year too, and he got lit up during his September call-up. What makes you think he is any better now? Furthermore, several posters have already indicated Adkins is the choice because we need a guy who can go multiple innings. We already have plenty of relievers who can handle the short work in the late innings. That should be obvious to anyone who watches the Sox on a day-to-day basis. Of course, you probably don't watch the Sox. You're probably too busy following your beloved A's, given your man-love for Billy Beane.

I really think we're days away from people non chalantly calling me poopy face or something to that effect at the end of their posts. If I'm such a joke and the fact that I think Billy Beane is a skilled GM makes everything out of my mouth completely inaccurate and irrelevant, why even respond? Also, the quality of discussion really seems to plummet in my opinion when everytime I post in a thread people want to turn it into sabermetrics, Billy Beane, and my opinion of Kenny Williams. I guess you can try to blame me for being a devisive poster but I tend to stay on topic when I post in threads.

I don't necessarily think Baj is substantially better than he was last season, I just don't think 8.1 innings is ever a particularly strong indicator of how good a pitcher is and I'm certainly not willing to value it over 100+ innings even if they are in the minor leagues. I'm pretty skeptical we're going to see Adkins pitching five or even three innings at a time, besides if you can't get anyone out how are you going to stay in the game for multiple innings unless the game is incredibly out of hand? Baj has purportedly nasty stuff, a 1.15 ERA and 65 k's against 24 BB's in AAA pitching in a bandbox, the notion that he's not good enough to get a shot in the majors is ludicrous.

Stroker Ace
08-01-2005, 08:43 PM
Thank god little Willie is outta here.

Tragg
08-01-2005, 09:41 PM
Blum is valuable because he can play both 1B and 3B (in addition to other positions), giving the Sox a legit defensive backup at both positions. Unfortunately, his hitting ability is less than impressive (to put it mildly).

While I initially was upset that we didn't get an impact player, nobody else did much either. It was an exceptionally boring trade deadline.
He's a better than bad hitter from the left side of the plate - walks a tad and gets on base; not so good from the right side. Better than vice versa.

shoota
08-01-2005, 10:04 PM
Plate Appearances.

Thanks.

Mr. White Sox
08-01-2005, 10:10 PM
Baj has purportedly nasty stuff, a 1.15 ERA and 65 k's against 24 BB's in AAA pitching in a bandbox, the notion that he's not good enough to get a shot in the majors is ludicrous.

That's why he'll be called up in september. The need, right now, is for long relief. If Adkins can't get anyone out and can't pitch three innings at a time, then he doesn't deserve to be called up. Ozzie/KW/whomever took that risk, and they figured he could be a solid innings eater. I, for one, didn't want to see him up here, as I think he had his shot last year and showed he was serviceable at best. Diaz and Munoz deserve another shot, just like Baj does, and Diaz/Munoz deserve the shot over Baj due to the need for a long reliever. Baj will get his callup, but there's no need for a one-inning guy right now.

pczarapa
08-01-2005, 10:20 PM

If he can play the field better than Ozuna, it was worth it

JB98
08-01-2005, 11:28 PM
I really think we're days away from people non chalantly calling me poopy face or something to that effect at the end of their posts. If I'm such a joke and the fact that I think Billy Beane is a skilled GM makes everything out of my mouth completely inaccurate and irrelevant, why even respond? Also, the quality of discussion really seems to plummet in my opinion when everytime I post in a thread people want to turn it into sabermetrics, Billy Beane, and my opinion of Kenny Williams. I guess you can try to blame me for being a devisive poster but I tend to stay on topic when I post in threads.

I don't necessarily think Baj is substantially better than he was last season, I just don't think 8.1 innings is ever a particularly strong indicator of how good a pitcher is and I'm certainly not willing to value it over 100+ innings even if they are in the minor leagues. I'm pretty skeptical we're going to see Adkins pitching five or even three innings at a time, besides if you can't get anyone out how are you going to stay in the game for multiple innings unless the game is incredibly out of hand? Baj has purportedly nasty stuff, a 1.15 ERA and 65 k's against 24 BB's in AAA pitching in a bandbox, the notion that he's not good enough to get a shot in the majors is ludicrous.

We need a guy who can throw two or three innings at a time. Bajenaru isn't the one to do that. That's a point that has been stated roughly 20 times in this thread. Is that so hard to understand? Did you watch the extra-inning game in Kansas City? We had to put Vizcaino out there for the fourth straight game because we ran out of arms. We also need someone else who can pitch the fifth or sixth inning when El Duque or Contreras throw too many pitches and have to get the early hook. It's precisely those types of situation that Adkins is being recalled for.

The reason I mock you is because you aren't reasonable. KW makes a move that is perfectly logical, and you all of a sudden show up to take issue with it. West is right. You were nowhere to be found early in the season when the A's were getting their asses whipped. Now that Oakland is leading the wild card race, you're back. The only positive in your return to active posting is I can see how lousy a year Jeremy Reed is having by looking at your sig. Good to see that the future HOF'er has the same batting average as Joe Crede.

FarWestChicago
08-02-2005, 01:01 AM
The reason I mock you is because you aren't reasonable. KW makes a move that is perfectly logical, and you all of a sudden show up to take issue with it. West is right. You were nowhere to be found early in the season when the A's were getting their asses whipped. Now that Oakland is leading the wild card race, you're back.The best part is jeremy ripped us all for being racists because we thought the Shingo Gong was OK and he worships the GM who has assembled the whitest team since the Jim Crow laws were repealed. :D:

Oh wait, they acquired Jay Payton.

TaylorStSox
08-02-2005, 01:18 AM
The best part is jeremy ripped us all for being racists because we thought the Shingo Gong was OK and he worships the GM who has assembled the whitest team since the Jim Crow laws were repealed. :D:

Oh wait, they acquired Jay Payton.

LOL!

During the first Oakland series, I was watching the game with a friend. He turns to me and says, "Dude, you know what I just noticed about the A's?" I ask, "They all need haircuts?" He goes, "No dude! The whole team is white." We both agreed that Billy Beane's a racist.

SoxFanTillDeath
08-02-2005, 10:05 AM
...He was a long time minor leaguer whose stats were never anything spectacular until his ROY year....

Did you write this out and then decide to go with "ROY"? I was reading it to myself and got all twisted up when saying "rookie of the year year". :redneck

I don't know how else you would say it, but this has got to be breaking a bunch of english rules. Too bad I wasn't awake during those classes to know which ones. :cool:

maurice
08-02-2005, 12:56 PM
We both agreed that Billy Beane's a racist.

:D:
He's the white Dusty Baker.

:fobbgod:
"White guys are from cold climates, so they're better at standing in the box and taking pitches during cold-weather games. The black guys and the Latinos get cold and swing at the 1st pitch so they can get back near the dugout heater."

Jerome
08-03-2005, 12:58 PM
Did you write this out and then decide to go with "ROY"? I was reading it to myself and got all twisted up when saying "rookie of the year year". :redneck

I don't know how else you would say it, but this has got to be breaking a bunch of english rules. Too bad I wasn't awake during those classes to know which ones. :cool:

haha whoops I was just too tired to type out 'rookie of the year.'

It's kinda like saying "kerry wood had to go back on the DL list."

jeremyb1
08-04-2005, 12:35 AM
We need a guy who can throw two or three innings at a time. Bajenaru isn't the one to do that. That's a point that has been stated roughly 20 times in this thread. Is that so hard to understand? Did you watch the extra-inning game in Kansas City? We had to put Vizcaino out there for the fourth straight game because we ran out of arms. We also need someone else who can pitch the fifth or sixth inning when El Duque or Contreras throw too many pitches and have to get the early hook. It's precisely those types of situation that Adkins is being recalled for.

The reason I mock you is because you aren't reasonable. KW makes a move that is perfectly logical, and you all of a sudden show up to take issue with it. West is right. You were nowhere to be found early in the season when the A's were getting their asses whipped. Now that Oakland is leading the wild card race, you're back. The only positive in your return to active posting is I can see how lousy a year Jeremy Reed is having by looking at your sig. Good to see that the future HOF'er has the same batting average as Joe Crede.

No kidding it's been state 20 times. I don't really think that when I take the time to post the argument and present counter arguments you need to state the argument yet again followed by "Is that so hard to understand?". Restating your point does not equate to refuting my arguments.

This team has had an 11 man staff for almost the entire season and not only have we been winning but incidents such as the one where Viz was forced to stay out there against KC have occured three times at the most. I don't think it's really justified wasting a spot on the 25 man roster on off chance that we have two long extra innings games in three days again.

Stating that a move was "perfectly reasonable" doesn't make it perfectly reasonable and irrefutable. Virtually stating that calling up a reliever with an ERA over 5.5 when there are better in house candidates is in fact pretty unreasonable in my opinion.

I have only posted sporadically on this board for the last year. Posting in two threads (this one and the Joe Sheehan thread) is hardly an extreme departure. I posted slightly less the last few months because I was banned for calmly and politely asserting that the A's built a solid team this season and Billy Beane was not an incompetent GM during the height of the team's struggles. I dare you to find the thread in the archives and accuse me of only posting on this board when the Oakland A's are successful. Furthermore, above is the first reference I've made to the A's while posting in the two threads I have posted in recently. On the other hand others including yourself have directed comments about the A's and their GM to me at least five or six times. Please stop for a minute and reflect on how abusrd it is to insist I am obsessed with Oakland and Beane when OTHER POSTERS ARE THE ONLY ONES WHO GENERATE A'S DISCUSSIONS IN THREADS IN WHICH I POST.

JB98
08-04-2005, 12:43 AM
No kidding it's been state 20 times. I don't really think that when I take the time to post the argument and present counter arguments you need to state the argument yet again followed by "Is that so hard to understand?". Restating your point does not equate to refuting my arguments.

This team has had an 11 man staff for almost the entire season and not only have we been winning but incidents such as the one where Viz was forced to stay out there against KC have occured three times at the most. I don't think it's really justified wasting a spot on the 25 man roster on off chance that we have two long extra innings games in three days again.

Stating that a move was "perfectly reasonable" doesn't make it perfectly reasonable and irrefutable. Virtually stating that calling up a reliever with an ERA over 5.5 when there are better in house candidates is in fact pretty unreasonable in my opinion.

I have only posted sporadically on this board for the last year. Posting in two threads (this one and the Joe Sheehan thread) is hardly an extreme departure. I posted slightly less the last few months because I was banned for calmly and politely asserting that the A's built a solid team this season and Billy Beane was not an incompetent GM during the height of the team's struggles. I dare you to find the thread in the archives and accuse me of only posting on this board when the Oakland A's are successful. Furthermore, above is the first reference I've made to the A's while posting in the two threads I have posted in recently. On the other hand others including yourself have directed comments about the A's and their GM to me at least five or six times. Please stop for a minute and reflect on how abusrd it is to insist I am obsessed with Oakland and Beane when OTHER POSTERS ARE THE ONLY ONES WHO GENERATE A'S DISCUSSIONS IN THREADS IN WHICH I POST.

Politte, Cotts and Vizcaino have been overworked lately. Hermanson is only being used in save situations because of his back injury. We need an extra arm. That's why Adkins is here. In addition, we don't have a long reliever. Adkins can do that.

Look, the main reason I hate your guts is because you never have a positive word to say about the Sox. NEVER. You only post when you have something to bitch and moan about. I do my fair share of bitching and moaning too, but I also post when things are going well. You don't.

FarWestChicago
08-04-2005, 12:55 AM
Look, the main reason I hate your guts is because you never have a positive word to say about the Sox. NEVER. You only post when you have something to bitch and moan about. I do my fair share of bitching and moaning too, but I also post when things are going well. You don't.I can't wait for the 15,000 word explanation for this. :D:

JB98
08-04-2005, 02:29 AM
I can't wait for the 15,000 word explanation for this. :D:

On his last post, he lost me when he "dared me to search the archives." I admit I post on this board quite a bit during the baseball season, but I'm not going to "search the archives" to try to prove a point. I can think of at least 4.5 million things that I would rather be doing. I only have so much time to spend arguing with the insufferable FOBB.

jeremyb1
08-04-2005, 09:34 PM
Politte, Cotts and Vizcaino have been overworked lately. Hermanson is only being used in save situations because of his back injury. We need an extra arm. That's why Adkins is here. In addition, we don't have a long reliever. Adkins can do that.

Look, the main reason I hate your guts is because you never have a positive word to say about the Sox. NEVER. You only post when you have something to bitch and moan about. I do my fair share of bitching and moaning too, but I also post when things are going well. You don't.

I never said adding an extra reliever was unreasonable I only said that I think Adkins is the wrong reliever to add to the roster. I've more than elaborated on why I believe the fact that he's capable of throwing three innings (as opposed to other relievers such as Baj who may top out at two) is irrelevant.

Saying you hate someone's guts is an extremely intense, ugly thing to write or say in my opinion particularly when the statement is based entirely on statements about baseball on an internet message board. I would never wish that on you, any poster at WSI, and certainly never on a fellow die hard White Sox fan. It pains me to realize Sox Fans can hate another Sox fan based solely on baseball opinions more than fans of other teams.

I posted a few thousand times at WSI - an average of 6 or 8 posts a day - over the span of approximately two years. I rejoiced when the team won close games, found themselves in first place, stole Bartolo Colon, and developed star prospects. To say I have never enjoyed or posted positive thoughts about the White Sox is really just not accurate. I realize I may post disproportiately negative ideas at this point but the reason I do so is because certain viewpoints are scare here and I think it makes sense for posters to be exposed to multiple points of view. Maybe no one reads my posts as it is but it doesn't really add a ton to the dialogue just to post "Great game today". It made sense to do that when I posted here constantly but that's not the case anymore.

Besides I don't know what else I'm supposed to do - this is a forum for White Sox fans to post opinions on the team. What should I do when I don't like a move the team makes, become a fan of another team? Remain silent? I believe a good fan is opinionated and extremely dedicated to his team, I wouldn't have it any other way.

santo=dorf
08-05-2005, 01:08 PM
I rejoiced when the team won close games, found themselves in first place,

I'm sorry, but this just made me laugh.

Should I dig up the thread you started entitled "Would a Loss been more beneficial today?" when Koch blew the lead against the Royals and Crede had a walkoff double?
:rolleyes:
Munchman says you're a Cubs fan. Any response?

FarWestChicago
08-05-2005, 09:28 PM
Munchman says you're a Cubs fan. Any response?I don't know if he's a Flubbie fan, but we all know which team is his favorite in the AL.

:fobbgod:

Buy my book!!

jeremyb1
08-06-2005, 02:55 PM
I don't know if he's a Flubbie fan, but we all know which team is his favorite in the AL.

Buy my book!!

I don't understand the point of wasting your time posting verifiably false statements but whatever if you get kicks out of it. For all I care you can start writing that I'm a 70 year old woman or that I live in Alaska.

FarWestChicago
08-06-2005, 03:05 PM
I don't understand the point of wasting your time posting verifiably false statements but whatever if you get kicks out of it. For all I care you can start writing that I'm a 70 year old woman or that I live in Alaska.What did I post that was false? :?:

jeremyb1
08-06-2005, 11:05 PM
I'm sorry, but this just made me laugh.

Should I dig up the thread you started entitled "Would a Loss been more beneficial today?" when Koch blew the lead against the Royals and Crede had a walkoff double?
:rolleyes:
Munchman says you're a Cubs fan. Any response?

We probably would have won more games that season if Koch had been demoted early that was the point of the thread. I was operating under the assumption that when you're contending for the playoffs you want to win as many games in a season as possible. I was frustrated after a win. It's not like I'm the only one to have ever been upset when we a reliever came close to blowing a game even if we won. It happens about every other week on this board.