PDA

View Full Version : Braves Get Farnsworth

DSpivack
07-31-2005, 03:07 PM
According to ESPN, for pitchers Roman Colon and Zach Minor.

ChiWhiteSox1337
07-31-2005, 03:08 PM
:?:
Wonder why the Tigers dumped him already, especially with Percival out for the season and possibly for the rest of his career.

Mr. White Sox
07-31-2005, 03:08 PM
White Flag Trade. Oh, Ravech just said it. Meh, I thought it first.

SABRSox
07-31-2005, 03:09 PM
Wonder why the Tigers dumped him already, especially with Percival out for the season and possibly for the rest of his career.

Well, I'm gonna go out and claim German, the new Tiger closer, in my fantasy league now...

cheeses_h_rice
07-31-2005, 03:10 PM
As a Braves fan, I'm going to find it very hard to root for that knuckleheaded Chad doll.

:(:

gosox3072
07-31-2005, 03:16 PM
Indians and Tigers, Indians and Tigers, Indians and Tigers........Keep saying it Dimitri:D:

JRIG
07-31-2005, 03:17 PM
Well, I'm gonna go out and claim German, the new Tiger closer, in my fantasy league now...

Which would be a good move, if in fact German were the new closer. It'll be Rodney.

MHOUSE
07-31-2005, 03:42 PM
I thought they would stick it out longer, but dumping Farnsworth for a cheaper, more future option in Rodney spells the beginning of the end for the Tigers' hopes. The Braves get better though.

SABRSox
07-31-2005, 03:57 PM
Which would be a good move, if in fact German were the new closer. It'll be Rodney.

Forgot about him... luckily I had until 5 today for this week's waiver claims. By the way, is Rodney any good?

Banix12
07-31-2005, 04:01 PM

I think with this little run Farnsworth has had as an effective reliever and closing the tigers figured his trade value would never been any higher. Colon isn't a bad prospect.

LongLiveFisk
07-31-2005, 04:20 PM
That's too bad. Who's going to do the fighting the next time a Tiger hitter gets plunked? :?:

TheOldRoman
07-31-2005, 06:05 PM
I am going to go on record and say that Farnsworth will turn into an absolute stud. He has always had all the tools, but could never put it together because he is an alcoholic and a prick. Mazzone improves every pitcher he sees (except for Dan Kolb). Farnsworth always looked like he could be one of the best closer in baseball if he put it all together, and I think he will put it all together in Atlanta.

Banix12
07-31-2005, 06:22 PM
I am going to go on record and say that Farnsworth will turn into an absolute stud. He has always had all the tools, but could never put it together because he is an alcoholic and a prick. Mazzone improves every pitcher he sees (except for Dan Kolb). Farnsworth always looked like he could be one of the best closer in baseball if he put it all together, and I think he will put it all together in Atlanta.

It's certainly possible. I think just getting out of the cub organization and all the expectations helped him quite a bit this season, now going to a team with quite possibly the best pitching coach in baseball should be a shot in the arm for him.

PatK
08-01-2005, 09:47 AM

Dennis Eckersly has always said that leaving the Cubs was the best thing that happened to his career. And that the Cubs are the WORST team to play for, especially if you're an alki.