PDA

View Full Version : Baker wants to manage the Dodgers- Per Cubune, per LA Times

Trav
07-31-2005, 12:39 PM
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/cs-0507310050jul31,1,2135107.story?coll=cs-sports-print

The Los Angeles Times reported in Sunday's edition that a "person close to" Cubs manager Dusty Baker said he wants to manage the Dodgers if Jim Tracy doesn't return in 2006. The Times quoted an identified source as saying "Dusty desperately wants to manage the Dodgers . . . and [supporters] would love to get a buzz going about Dusty in case the Dodgers were thinking of letting [Tracy] go at the end of the season. He would love the Dodgers to come calling and then hope the Cubs would let him go."

Personally, I hope that the cubs sign him to a liftetime contract.

Kogs35
07-31-2005, 12:49 PM
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/cs-0507310050jul31,1,2135107.story?coll=cs-sports-print

Personally, I hope that the cubs sign him to a liftetime contract.

the cubune owns the la times

TornLabrum
07-31-2005, 12:50 PM
the cubune owns the la times

So if you put 2 + 2 together, you get the following: The Tribune Co. wants Dusty out.

Kogs35
07-31-2005, 01:18 PM
So if you put 2 + 2 together, you get the following: The Tribune Co. wants Dusty out.

clearly

SABRSox
07-31-2005, 01:19 PM
There is no way Depodesta would let Baker manage the Dodgers. Like Beane, Depodesta would want control of what players are in the lineup, and Dusty would never go along with that.

And I doubt Frank McCourt would pay the ridiculous sum of money Baker probably thinks he's entitled to. Not a chance.

Irishsox1
07-31-2005, 01:27 PM
I love how the Tribune Corporation works. A little article here, a little article there and when Dusty packs his backs, he will look like the Devil when the Tribune Corporation is done with him.

SOXfnNlansing
07-31-2005, 01:33 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20050731&content_id=1151929&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

TornLabrum
07-31-2005, 01:37 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20050731&content_id=1151929&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

From the article:

The Los Angeles Times quoted sources saying the Chicago Cubs manager wants to take over the Dodgers if Tracy doesn't return in 2006. The Times quoted a source saying, "[Baker] would love the Dodgers to come calling and then hope the Cubs would let him go."

I wouldn't be surprised if the "sources" were Andy MacPhail and Jim Hendry.

SOXSINCE'70
07-31-2005, 01:41 PM

It's beginning to look like the sCrUBbie lemmings do as well.
Didn't Baker,when he came aboard after the 2002 season,
tell the sCrUBbie faithful that the "lovable loser" mentality
had to go?? Then,when the idiots do the right thing and boo the
crap out of LaChoke Hawkins,a man who told his current pitching
coach Dave Righetti not to do an interview with the media (Righetti
did the interview anyway),Krusty and Derrek Lee tell the fans they're
wrong to boo an opposing player.Then,Krusty the Klown comes out
with that whole deal about how free agents aren't going to sign
with the world's greatest baseball team because they're afraid
of being booed.
You don't need Maggott-otti to figure out what most Chicagoans
would say to Krusty in this situation:

GET A CLUE,GET A LIFE!!!GOOD RIDDANCE!!DON'T LET THE
DOOR HIT YOUR ASS ON THE WAY OUT!!:angry:

TDog
07-31-2005, 01:48 PM

Is Dusty Baker the problem with the Cubs or are the Cubs a problem for Dusty Baker?

cheeses_h_rice
07-31-2005, 01:52 PM
Translation: the writing is on the wall for the Reverend Johnny B. Baker.

HEGAWN after this year, if the Flubs fail to make the postseason, it sounds like.

ChiSoxPatF
07-31-2005, 02:12 PM
Is Dusty Baker the problem with the Cubs or are the Cubs a problem for Dusty Baker?

Easily the latter. Dusty isn't as good as the Cubune wanted everyone to believe but he's better than anything the Cubs can replace him with. He's the newest scapegoat since they don't have Steve Stone to fire..... they are a complete mess and it makes me so happy. It couldn't happen to a better team.

Tragg
07-31-2005, 05:22 PM
That's how they got rid of Sosa.

They started dropping tid-bits in the paper, making minor transgressions into major issues (while ignoring the real major issues like abject cheating) and their fans started to believe that Sosa was the ogre. At that point, they could get rid of him.

They're all fluff and PR in every aspect.

LuvSox
08-01-2005, 08:08 AM
Seems to me that they have kept Grady Little in the organization just in case Baker flops. They may actually have a decent manager next year.

TornLabrum
08-01-2005, 08:12 AM
Seems to me that they have kept Grady Little in the organization just in case Baker flops. They may actually have a decent manager next year.

I think Dusty still has next year on his contract, and he has said that he has always honored his contracts. I could hear the moans in the Cubs front office when I read that.

Maximo
08-01-2005, 08:30 AM
I read somewhere this morning that Baker stated something along these lines.

"I've been hearing for a long time where I might be headed".

Well for one guy who tries to keep up with what's going on in baseball.....I haven't. After this tenure with the Cubs, why does anybody think that Dusty Baker is the answer to their problems. I can think immediately of several guys who are presently not managing and who offer a better alternative than Dusty Baker. Torborg to name one.

That's the difference between Dusty Baker and Ozzie. Baker likes to think he's bigger than anyone on the team.......Ozzie is and reminds his players every day as such.