PDA

View Full Version : Teams' Ridiculous Demands

Cowhead418
07-31-2005, 11:36 AM
My dad was listening to the radio yesterday (I think it was ESPN 1000) and they talked about KW. They reported that some of the teams' trade demands were so ridiculous that KW had laughed at them and felt they weren't being serious. In fact, some teams had demanded Buehrle and/or Garland in return. Are they desperate or what? As the trade deadline nears, will the trade talk continue to be this crazy? I hope KW can pull off a steal.

He gone
07-31-2005, 11:42 AM
In less than 5 hours all this Maddness will be over with :angry:

I would rather see the Sox not make a move than make a BAD ONE :mad:

Jjav829
07-31-2005, 12:08 PM
My dad was listening to the radio yesterday (I think it was ESPN 1000) and they talked about KW. They reported that some of the teams' trade demands were so ridiculous that KW had laughed at them and felt they weren't being serious. In fact, some teams had demanded Buehrle and/or Garland in return. Are they desperate or what? As the trade deadline nears, will the trade talk continue to be this crazy? I hope KW can pull off a steal.

Chuck LaMar's reported asking prices has been ridiculous. I wouldn't count on KW pulling off a steal from LaMar. Among LaMar's ridiculous proposals are an offer of Danys Baez for Hanley Ramirez, Huff for Hanley Ramirez and Jon Lester, and the worst of all, Danys Baez for Jose Reyes or David Wright. :o:

I mean, if you are Omar Minaya, how do you even respond to an offer like that last one? Do you just make some cracking noises and say, "What was that Chuck? I didn't hear you. My phone is cracking up. I'll call you back later," and then not answer when he calls you back? Do you just laugh and ask, "Seriously?" That must have been one awkward moment when LaMar said that to Minaya.

At this point, I wouldn't put anything past Chuckles. He might very well have seriously asked for Buehrle or Garland in exchange for Huff and Baez. He's a complete moron.

munchman33
07-31-2005, 12:12 PM
Chuck LaMar's reported asking prices has been ridiculous. I wouldn't count on KW pulling off a steal from LaMar. Among LaMar's ridiculous proposals are an offer of Danys Baez for Hanley Ramirez, Huff for Hanley Ramirez and Jon Lester, and the worst of all, Danys Baez for Jose Reyes or David Wright. :o:

I mean, if you are Omar Minaya, how do you even respond to an offer like that last one? Do you just make some cracking noises and say, "What was that Chuck? I didn't hear you. My phone is cracking up. I'll call you back later," and then not answer when he calls you back? Do you just laugh and ask, "Seriously?" That must have been one awkward moment when LaMar said that to Minaya.

At this point, I wouldn't put anything past Chuckles. He might very well have seriously asked for Buehrle or Garland in exchange for Huff and Baez. He's a complete moron.

That's because Lamar knows he doesn't have to trade his guys. Neither are free agents, so if a trade doesn't work in his favor, he doesn't have to make one.

Jjav829
07-31-2005, 12:17 PM
That's because Lamar knows he doesn't have to trade his guys. Neither are free agents, so if a trade doesn't work in his favor, he doesn't have to make one.

Those are still ridiculous offers, particularly the last one. I mean how do you ask for David Wright? You can't honestly expect Minaya to agree to that. It's a stupid offer. There's not a single Devil Ray, short of maybe Carl Crawford, that is worth David Wright.

And FWIW, there have been reports that LaMar does have to move those two guys. I know LaMar claims otherwise, but he's not going to honestly admit that he has to move his guys.

Cowhead418
07-31-2005, 12:19 PM
Those are still ridiculous offers, particularly the last one. I mean how do you ask for David Wright? You can't honestly expect Minaya to agree to that. It's a stupid offer. There's not a single Devil Ray, short of maybe Carl Crawford, that is worth David Wright.

And FWIW, there have been reports that LaMar does have to move those two guys. I know LaMar claims otherwise, but he's not going to honestly admit that he has to move his guys.
I don't see why there is all this hoop-la for Baez anyway. IMO he is way overrated. He would maybe be the 5th or 6th guy out of our pen. I don't think he's all that much better than Vizcaino anyway. He's worth nothing more than a couple of mid-level prospects, if even that.

Soxzilla
07-31-2005, 12:47 PM
No worse then when San Francisco said we'd have to trade them either Garland or Buehrle to get that overpriced injury. Sabien can stick it where the sun doesn't shine on that one.

ChiSoxRowand
08-01-2005, 12:19 AM
Seattle wanted Cleveland to give them Grady Sizemore for Eddie Guardado.

MIgrenade
08-01-2005, 12:27 AM
No worse then when San Francisco said we'd have to trade them either Garland or Buehrle to get that overpriced injury. Sabien can stick it where the sun doesn't shine on that one.

What I love about this is you'd think Sabien realizes that the point of getting Schmidt would be to ADD to the rotation, not replace someone. Maybe the concept of winning escaped GMs this year, but I'm happy KW didn't do anything dumb.

Tragg
08-01-2005, 01:21 AM
Yet, when you think about it, is it all that surprising.
Those teams are bad; and there's generally a reason. So their complete ignorance about the quality and value of the players is no surprise.

Sabean has been living off of Bonds since the moment they got him.

batmanZoSo
08-01-2005, 01:55 AM
As Hawk would say, I've never seen anything like it. It sucks that we weren't able to get anyone big. Although it's not officially over yet, but still. Why in the living hell would we give up one of our best starting pitchers? It's just asinine what these teams were asking. Ugh.....:rolleyes:

At least no one won. Unless a waiver deal happens, which is never that likely, I'll just assume we're going with what we got. And we've done fine so far.