PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Cub Fan Moment 9,885

Hangar18
07-31-2005, 09:41 AM
I was hanging out with a buddy of mine John, who just got back in town.
He was in KC on business and was able to catch our SOX in action. He was
very psyched at the numbers of SOX fans that were at the game, and how
vocal they were. The gist of our conversation will actually be another thread,
but as we were chatting, I noticed a couple of girls start cheering towards the TV, and a guy next to the girls, began to cheer also (after noticing a cub hilite on tv showing a homerun)

The guy then said wait a second ..... he looks at the TV some more, then at the girls, and said thats a game from years ago. The girls didnt pay attention ...
and the guy sheepishly says to his friends ......Rynos awesome

Rocklive99
07-31-2005, 02:55 PM
Moment 9886: Ron Zook had to use note cards for the whole 7th inning stretch last week

LongLiveFisk
07-31-2005, 04:19 PM
You guys are amazing. I had to stop counting stupid Cub fan moments. It got to be too much effort. Thank God numbers go into infinity otherwise they'd have topped out about two decades ago!

:)

SoxFan76
08-02-2005, 11:56 PM
Idiot Cub fan moment that didn't really need it's own thread:

Me and my buddy were enjoying the Sox game today (August 2nd) when a Cub fan in a blue shirt and Cub hat comes walking up the stairs. My buddy playfully says "Go home!", to which he replies, "F-off, tool"

.......Yeah. And to top it off we had about 5 kids between the ages of 4-7 in front of us. Loser.

LuvSox
08-03-2005, 12:01 AM
You guys are amazing. I had to stop counting stupid Cub fan moments. It got to be too much effort. Thank God numbers go into infinity otherwise they'd have topped out about two decades ago!

:)

Let's face it, it's PI, 3.14..............................:D:

Banix12
08-03-2005, 12:15 AM
I was hanging out with a buddy of mine John, who just got back in town.
He was in KC on business and was able to catch our SOX in action. He was
very psyched at the numbers of SOX fans that were at the game, and how
vocal they were. The gist of our conversation will actually be another thread,
but as we were chatting, I noticed a couple of girls start cheering towards the TV, and a guy next to the girls, began to cheer also (after noticing a cub hilite on tv showing a homerun)

The guy then said wait a second ..... he looks at the TV some more, then at the girls, and said thats a game from years ago. The girls didnt pay attention ...
and the guy sheepishly says to his friends ......Rynos awesome

I was thinking, a lot of people out there really dislike cub fans. Not just sox fans but a lot of fans of NL teams too. If you packaged up all of these "Stupid Cub fan moments" into a book I bet it would be publishable. Especially with illustrations of some choice moments.

CaptainBallz
08-03-2005, 12:32 AM
I was thinking, a lot of people out there really dislike cub fans. Not just sox fans but a lot of fans of NL teams too. If you packaged up all of these "Stupid Cub fan moments" into a book I bet it would be publishable. Especially with illustrations of some choice moments.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$BRILLIANT$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$

You could probably find a good 5,000 of these moments at High Tops (sic?) after any given game at the urinal. It was quite funny since a bandwagon hoppin class of '03 Cubs fan friend of mine was tryin to tell me what a "dumb bunch of degenerate morons" attend the Cell, just moments before we stepped into this fiesta of drunken party boy/girl excess...Ridiculously sickening. I'd go into further detail, but it's really not worth it. Needless to say, I did point out that his stereotypes were a just a tad bit hognutz.

Stroker Ace
08-03-2005, 12:40 AM
I have friends who are Mets fans and they despise flub fans. They say the same thing as everyone else- They know nothing and only show up to games to tell their friends that they went to a flub game.

Here is one of many stupid moments

I was taking the Long Island Railroad into the city (Manhatten), and some flub fans got on. (Train stops at Shea and there was a day game. Mets -flubs). I hear the usual stupid banter, about how scammy is the best hitetr in baseball history, so on.... Then one of them turns around and notices my 2001 Sox throwback hat (Sunday home uni's). Then he says to me, "I never knew the Red Sox wore that hat." :angry:

Morons.

Nellie_Fox
08-03-2005, 12:46 AM
Then one of them turns around and notices my 2001 Sox throwback hat (Sunday home uni's). What constitutes a 2001 "throwback" hat? The game hat (not BP) hasn't changed since they went to the current uniform at the end of 1990.

TheOldRoman
08-03-2005, 01:56 AM
What constitutes a 2001 "throwback" hat? The game hat (not BP) hasn't changed since they went to the current uniform at the end of 1990.
He means the white hat with the navy brim that the Sox wore on Sunday home games with the 1917 throwback jerseys in 2001.

Nellie_Fox
08-03-2005, 02:14 AM
He means the white hat with the navy brim that the Sox wore on Sunday home games with the 1917 throwback jerseys in 2001.Thank you. That would be a 1917 "throwback", not a 2001 "throwback."

Domeshot17
08-03-2005, 03:27 AM
This may have been my favorite Cubs fan moment ever. At Today's game I had a Cub Fan and his Brother infront of me, Mom was a Cubs fan but Dad was dressed out in Sox gear ( and by his talk he was a good fan not so much fair weather IMO). Anyway, I was jawing with the Cubs fan a little, and Garland gets hit in the second inning and he goes, " Jon Garland, I'm really glad we got rid of him". So I told him (1) he leads the AL in Victories and (2) The player we traded him for, Matt Karchner, was off playing American Legion baseball.

So dude replies, I play American Legion, good players in that league, a ton of guys that played high school varsity baseball, Jon Garland isnt good enough to even play there so he has to play for the Sux. His brother did not say much except, " This place sucks, no old style"

THEN HE DID NOT BELIEVE WE HAD THE BEST RECORD IN BASEBALL, CAUSING HIS DAD TO TELL HIM TO SHUT UP OR WALK HOME BECAUSE HE WAS EMBARISNG HIMSELF AND THE FAMILY.

The mom was pretty quiet, but got real excited that peperoni won the pizza race, saying she wished Wrigley had a scoreboard with racing pizzas.

samram
08-03-2005, 06:56 AM
This may have been my favorite Cubs fan moment ever. At Today's game I had a Cub Fan and his Brother infront of me, Mom was a Cubs fan but Dad was dressed out in Sox gear ( and by his talk he was a good fan not so much fair weather IMO). Anyway, I was jawing with the Cubs fan a little, and Garland gets hit in the second inning and he goes, " Jon Garland, I'm really glad we got rid of him". So I told him (1) he leads the AL in Victories and (2) The player we traded him for, Matt Karchner, was off playing American Legion baseball.

So dude replies, I play American Legion, good players in that league, a ton of guys that played high school varsity baseball, Jon Garland isnt good enough to even play there so he has to play for the Sux. His brother did not say much except, " This place sucks, no old style"

THEN HE DID NOT BELIEVE WE HAD THE BEST RECORD IN BASEBALL, CAUSING HIS DAD TO TELL HIM TO SHUT UP OR WALK HOME BECAUSE HE WAS EMBARISNG HIMSELF AND THE FAMILY.

The mom was pretty quiet, but got real excited that peperoni won the pizza race, saying she wished Wrigley had a scoreboard with racing pizzas.

Ok, this is the best I've seen on this site. Good thing there weren't a lot of shiny objects lying on the ground, or they wouldn't have even seen the game. Good on the dad, too.

CaptainBallz
08-03-2005, 09:40 AM
" This place sucks, no old style"

There's Old Style at the "Beers of the World" stands. Would telling him that make him any difference, probably not. But it is nice listening to those losers grasp for straws when they have no idea what they're talking about.

kittle42
08-03-2005, 10:08 AM
I will be enjoying countless stupid Cub fan moments in NYC this weekend as I go to see the Cubs take on the Amazin' Mets at that dump Shea Stadium. I am sure that the Cub fans will be walking around the city all weekend making fools of themselves and our fine city. Luckily, the Sox are coming in starting Monday to clean up our city's by-then-surely-sullied reputation.

I shall show my Sox pride all weekend.

Stroker Ace
08-03-2005, 10:09 AM
Thank you. That would be a 1917 "throwback", not a 2001 "throwback."I put 2001 down because I've seen two different versions of the hat. There is the hat worn in 2001 with 5 lines crossing the hat and another version with pinstries.

kjhanson
08-03-2005, 10:54 AM
I will be enjoying countless stupid Cub fan moments in NYC this weekend as I go to see the Cubs take on the Amazin' Mets at that dump Shea Stadium. I am sure that the Cub fans will be walking around the city all weekend making fools of themselves and our fine city. Luckily, the Sox are coming in starting Monday to clean up our city's by-then-surely-sullied reputation.

I shall show my Sox pride all weekend.

I'll be there doing the same Kittle. Going to see the Cubs/Mets on Saturday and Sunday and then the Sox/Yanks on Monday and Tuesday. I plan on befriending a lot of Mets fans and making enemies with a lot of Yankee fans.

TornLabrum
08-03-2005, 10:56 AM
One thing I have trouble with in these threads is that we're only up to 9885 stupid Cubs fan moments.

Hangar18
08-03-2005, 03:25 PM
One thing I have trouble with in these threads is that we're only up to 9885 stupid Cubs fan moments.

Torn, there were many many more even before I started counting ........:smile: