PDA

View Full Version : 3 Way Deal Sox,KC Fla???

Whitesox4ever
07-31-2005, 09:45 AM
This is out of a KC newspaper today

Baird also spiked a trade rumor that suggested the Royals are involved in three-way talks to send either Jeremy Affeldt or Mike MacDougal to the Marlins in return for a top outfield prospect from the White Sox.

The deal would center on the White Sox obtaining right-hander A.J. Burnett from the Marlins. The Royals would get either Brian Anderson or Ryan Sweeney, ranked by Baseball America as the White Sox’s top two prospects.

ChiWhiteSox1337
07-31-2005, 09:53 AM
:o:
It would be amazing if KW could acquire AJ for only Brian Anderson or Ryan Sweeney, along with perhaps a lesser prospect.

He gone
07-31-2005, 11:38 AM
It would be amazing if KW could acquire AJ for only Brian Anderson or Ryan Sweeney,

NO IT WOULD NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You want Brian or Ryan on the Royals? I don't want to see Brian in any other uniform other than the SOX. You don't give a team in your own division one of your top prospects, especially for a Rent-a-player. It will come back and bite you in the ass later.

Clembasbal
07-31-2005, 11:41 AM

You want Brian or Ryan on the Royals? I don't want to see Brian in any other uniform other than the SOX. You don't give a team in your own division one of your top prospects, especially for a Rent-a-player. It will come back and bite you in the ass later.

Yeah, well...if the Sox don't try and win this year!!...it will bit them in the ass.

With this team, this year, you gotta go for it. Sorry buddy.

ChiSoxlukes
07-31-2005, 11:45 AM
Anderson can bite us in the ass all he wants if this deal goes through and we win the world series

shaunburnette
07-31-2005, 11:52 AM

ChiWhiteSox1337
07-31-2005, 11:54 AM
Like one prospect would make a difference on that team. The Royals still have the same cheap owner who refuses to spend any money on talent.

He gone
07-31-2005, 11:59 AM
I don't think AJ Burnett is the deciding factor whether we have a parade in November or not.

The Dude
07-31-2005, 12:06 PM
:o:
It would be amazing if KW could acquire AJ for only Brian Anderson or Ryan Sweeney, along with perhaps a lesser prospect.

Hopefully Sweeney. I'd much rather give up him instead of BMac or Anderson. We're fine in the OF for the next few years with our guys.

Podzilla_40
07-31-2005, 12:09 PM
I thought Burnett was staying put...I'd rather we give up someone like Chris Young, or Jerry Owens, combined with another pitching prospect. I still think Sweeney/Anderson should be untouchables.

TomBradley72
07-31-2005, 12:35 PM
Anderson can bite us in the ass all he wants if this deal goes through and we win the world series

Bingo!!!!!!!!!!!

balke
07-31-2005, 12:43 PM
I still don't see how Burnett puts us in the World Series. It would be a good move if he agrees to stick around a couple years, but I doubt he will.

I also don't see the Marlins giving up Burnett, they still have one of the best teams in the NL, they are just underachieving. The Wild Card should be theirs.

Ol' No. 2
07-31-2005, 01:17 PM
Anderson can bite us in the ass all he wants if this deal goes through and we win the world seriesHow about if the deal goes through and we DON'T win the World Series? That's a lot more likely.