PDA

View Full Version : Devil Rays now want to trade all 3 players

DrGiggles
07-31-2005, 01:45 AM
In this article it talks (near the bottom) about the Devil Rays wanting now to trade all 3 of their top trade commodities in one fell swoop. The players would be Aubrey Huff, Danny Baez and Julio Lugo. Exciting news!!!!
http://www.620wdae.com/localsportsstory.html?ID=20050731011932

DrGiggles
07-31-2005, 01:47 AM
Check out http://www.topix.net/mlb/chicago-white-sox for breaking news.

DaleJRFan
07-31-2005, 01:48 AM
to quote Arnold.... "DO IT!! DO IT NOW!!!" (minus the "Run for the chopper... GO!!" part of it)...

WOW. Utility infielder who can actually hit (although, Bobby jenks made Lugo look like a second rate rookieball-er), a top-end lefthanded bat, and a quality bullpen arm... Too bad the DRays don't have an ace to trade, too.

balke
07-31-2005, 01:52 AM
Eww. We'd have to give them Uribe and Marte probably, and turn into the Chicago White Rays.

JUribe1989
07-31-2005, 01:53 AM
Eww. We'd have to give them Uribe and Marte probably, and turn into the Chicago White Rays.

Baez and Huff > Marte
Lugo > Uribe

I just don't see how Lugo will be involved? Why would the Devil Rays also give him up?

Chisox003
07-31-2005, 01:57 AM
Baez and Huff > Marte
Lugo > Uribe

I just don't see how Lugo will be involved? Why would the Devil Rays also give him up?

New ownership next year = Re-do the ENTIRE team....Goodbye Huff, Baez, Lugo....

Personally, Im not interested in Lugo too much (I just associate him with his Astros and his incident....), but there's no doubt he can help this team.....SB's, hitting .300, some pop, good range

And so it gets more interesting.....

Optipessimism
07-31-2005, 01:57 AM
Baez and Huff > Marte
Lugo > Uribe

Why would they want Uribe's contract unless they planned on sending him somewhere else? Same thing goes with Marte.

Maybe the want to give us Lugo so we'll give them Willie Harris. No teal needed, I think they really are that stupid.

rowand33
07-31-2005, 01:59 AM
they don't want Uribe.

two words:
BJ Upton

I realize he sucks on defense, but if they're building for the future, they're going to want to be a great team 2 years from now, not get a guy that will be ok now.

they want young high prospect types.

doubt they'd want Damaso either.

they want a team where BMac and Kazmir are the best 1-2 in baseball, Delmon Young is winning MVPs on a Bonds pace, Upton is stealing 50 bags a year, and the outfield of Crawford, Baldelli, and Anderson strikes fear into the heart of all. with the speedy Willie Harris and DH Joe Borchard putting up all star numbers too.

TheOldRoman
07-31-2005, 02:00 AM
In this article it talks (near the bottom) about the Devil Rays wanting now to trade all 3 of their top trade commodities in one fell swoop. The players would be Aubrey Huff, Danny Baez and Julio Lugo. Exciting news!!!!
http://www.620wdae.com/localsportsstory.html?ID=20050731011932
Looks like the article was taken down or something. The link didn't work.

DrGiggles
07-31-2005, 02:02 AM
If you can't read the article go to the link I gave you and below where it says LOCAL STORIES click on "No 3-way but Rays still may deal". Sorry about that.

DrGiggles
07-31-2005, 02:03 AM
Poor Olivo, got traded again. http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20050731&content_id=1151688&vkey=pr_sd&fext=.jsp&c_id=sd

DaleJRFan
07-31-2005, 02:05 AM
Looks like the article was taken down or something. The link didn't work.

None of the links on their site work, links to Database-derived content anyway... I'm seeing SQL driver errors. Check their site in a few minutes or in an hour or so, it should be back up.

DaleJRFan
07-31-2005, 02:06 AM
Poor Olivo, got traded again. http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20050731&content_id=1151688&vkey=pr_sd&fext=.jsp&c_id=sd

There's a thread for this in Talking Baseball.

Optipessimism
07-31-2005, 02:06 AM

Poor Olivo? I'm happy for the guy.

Seattle is where bats go to die. Maybe he'll pull a Carlos Guillen and hit in San Diego (although not nearly as well, but .265 would be nice for him).

DrGiggles
07-31-2005, 02:07 AM
Oh sorry

Mr. White Sox
07-31-2005, 02:13 AM
Lugo > Uribe

No sir. Lugo is Manos-like on defense. It's great that he can hit, and he has good speed, but he would be the utility guy for the Sox, subbing for Uribe and Iguchi frequently. He's a good #2 hitter and can relegate Gooch to the #9 spot to better utilize his power, but Lugo<Uribe when you consider what Uribe has done for this team defensively, and when you consider Uribe's HR/RBI production in the nine-hole.

JUribe1989
07-31-2005, 02:17 AM
No sir. Lugo is Manos-like on defense. It's great that he can hit, and he has good speed, but he would be the utility guy for the Sox, subbing for Uribe and Iguchi frequently. He's a good #2 hitter and can relegate Gooch to the #9 spot to better utilize his power, but Lugo<Uribe when you consider what Uribe has done for this team defensively, and when you consider Uribe's HR/RBI production in the nine-hole.

Considering my namesake, that was probably a mistake by me. I would much rather see Uribe coming off the bench somehow because I think he is burned out this year from all the playing time. I don't think he is a full time player.

rowand33
07-31-2005, 02:25 AM

agreed. 4th in the MLB with 50 RBI for Uribe? not too shabby.

Lugo would be one helluva utility guy.

I think it goes like this in terms of people these players would actually replace:

Huff>Timo/Gload/DL'd Frank
Lugo>Ozuna>Harris
Baez=Viz

Chisox003
07-31-2005, 02:30 AM
agreed. 4th in the MLB with 50 RBI for Uribe? not too shabby.

Lugo would be one helluva utility guy.

I think it goes like this in terms of people these players would actually replace:

Huff>Timo/Gload/DL'd Frank
Lugo>Ozuna>Harris
Baez=Viz

Definitely....

Uribe may only be hitting .240 (And climbing), but that 50 RBIs goes unrecognized by most

His glove is second to not many, and replacing willie harris with lugo would be HUGE

But the fact remains....Huff is the main part of this deal, and he'd make the biggest impact, obviously....He needs to be wearing White and Black by Monday! :gulp:

SOXfnNlansing
07-31-2005, 08:42 AM
Baez=Viz:tealpolice: