PDA

View Full Version : Jose Cruz Jr. traded to Boston

Stroker Ace
07-30-2005, 10:17 PM
Heard on sportscenter that Jose Cruz Jr. was traded to Boston from Arizona. Possible replacement for Man Ram?

soltrain21
07-30-2005, 10:19 PM
Well that would be a pretty ****ty replacement.

Banix12
07-30-2005, 10:29 PM
He's there to split time with Gabe Kapler in the OF while Trot Nixon is on the Disabled List. Not a ManRam repacement, just a fourth OF.

Arkham
07-30-2005, 10:47 PM
Echoing what others have said: Yeah, he's Jay Payton's replacement, not Manny's.

Jjav829
07-30-2005, 10:57 PM
Remember when the Red Sox and Yankees used to bring in the big names in baseball? So far this year, the two East Coast empires have reeled in:

Boston Red Sox:
Jose Cruz Jr.
Alex Cora
Tony Graffanino
Chad Bradford
Adam Hyzdu
Gabe Kapler
John Olerud

New York Yankees:
Shawn Chacon
Hideo Nomo
Tim Redding
Darrell May
Al Leiter

Yuck. :o: :?:

balke
07-30-2005, 11:00 PM
Half of the players Boston got, people on this board were clammoring for all season :tongue:

Interesting trade deadline so far. I keep waiting for a "big" move for anyone.

Tragg
07-30-2005, 11:52 PM
Remember when the Red Sox and Yankees used to bring in the big names in baseball? So far this year, the two East Coast empires have reeled in:

That's what happens when you have few ML ready or near ML ready prospects to trade. Frankly, we don't have that many ourselves.

DaleJRFan
07-31-2005, 12:44 AM

Boston Red Sox:
Jose Cruz Jr.
Alex Cora
Tony Graffanino
Chad Bradford
Adam Hyzdu
Gabe Kapler
John Olerud

New York Yankees:
Shawn Chacon
Hideo Nomo
Tim Redding
Darrell May
Al Leiter

Yuck. :o: :?:

Don't forget Alan Embree. Yankee$ signed him today (I think it was today)...

DaleJRFan
07-31-2005, 12:45 AM
Remember when the Red Sox and Yankees used to bring in the big names in baseball?

I really think this says more for the trade market and available major league talent, than it does for the respective teams.