PDA

View Full Version : AJ Represented on Baseball Tonight

DrGiggles
07-30-2005, 10:36 PM
AJ was talked about highly on Baseball Tonight about how he's found his place at home in Chicago. He's got 15 HR this year, 37 thru '05. YES. What do you guys think about him being here.

RadioheadRocks
07-30-2005, 10:37 PM
AJ was talked about highly on Baseball Tonight about how he's found his place at home in Chicago. He's got 15 HR this year, 37 thru '05. YES. What do you guys think about him being here.

I'm happy with AJ here... what else is there to say???

have a banana! :bandance:

Chisox003
07-30-2005, 10:41 PM
Ecstatic when he was signed, even happier now

What can you say, guy's awesome :gulp:

infohawk
07-30-2005, 10:49 PM
A.J. is a big, big part of what the Sox are trying to accomplish with their new philosophy. I, for one, am glad he's here.

MERPER
07-30-2005, 10:50 PM
AJ has instantly become one of my favorite players on the team.... I hated him when he was up north and I loved the moment we signed him...

He reminded me of Dennis Rodman, you hate to play against him but love when he's on your side...

He's provided a terrific left-handed bat and handeled the pitching staff extremely well... he seems to always be playing with a chip on his shoulder and even plays through loads of pain....

:)

nedlug
07-30-2005, 10:50 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/images/schedule/broadcasters/hawk.jpg

I loooove AJ Pierzynski!

ChiWhiteSox1337
07-30-2005, 10:56 PM
It's refreshing to finally have a solid starting catcher on this team. The Sox haven't had one in a while. He gets along with the pitchers and can hit as well. I really hope the Sox can sign him to a long term deal to keep him on the southside for years to come.

DrGiggles
07-30-2005, 10:56 PM
The White Sox are getting a lot more attention around the country, obviously everywhere except here in Chicago, I wonder why.

TheOldRoman
07-30-2005, 11:10 PM
Well, I was hoping BBTN would talk about the best team in baseball, who is also the most active team at the trade deadline. Seeing as they talked about a non-existent mega trade for probably 15min, I don't think it would be too much to ask for them to talk about who we might acquire.

Oh well, I will take all the press we can get. I don't care how many homers AJ has, he is having a bad offensive year so far, though he has been hot lately. He is a career .300 hitter in the AL, and his average is now at .266. He would have helped the team a lot more if he were hitting .300 with 8 homers. However, he has been great for us in other ways. His handling of the pitching staff has been incredible, and he is a very good presence in the clubhouse. AJ is the perfect guy to represent this team and it's fanbase. Im glad we have him.

PodzStyleMultiAccount
07-30-2005, 11:10 PM
What else did they say about our chisox and AJ? thanks. :bandance:

pczarapa
07-30-2005, 11:44 PM

His offense alone has been tremendously helpful to the Sox, but that's not where his true value lies. I honestly believe that he's the reason that Garland is doing so well this year. If you watch AJ, he sets up inside more than any catcher Garland has ever pitched to with the Sox. Once Jon figured out he could consistently throw there and not get lit up, he started getting great results. I'm a huge fan of AJ.

zach074
07-30-2005, 11:45 PM
Now we just need to lock him up for some more years.

JB98
07-30-2005, 11:50 PM

Until now, catcher has been a gaping hole on our team for several years. Karkovice was the last decent catcher we had, and he didn't hit much. Really, since Fisk, this is the first time we've had a catcher who knows what the hell he is doing both offensively and defensively.

dakuda
07-31-2005, 12:48 AM
Now we just need to lock him up for some more years.

Exactly. I wasn't sure what to expect this year from AJ, but if he can keep this up (catching and batting), he needs to be signed for more then just this year.

103 screwball
07-31-2005, 12:54 AM
Avoid arbitration and sign him to a long term deal.

Garland_IS_God
07-31-2005, 01:06 AM
I think he's going to command a lot of money but he's worth every penny.

Troupis
07-31-2005, 01:25 AM
Oliv-who?

iamkoza
07-31-2005, 01:27 AM
He's definitly going to look for the big bucks next year, he even admitted pre-season that he was disapointed that the SF squabble cost him a lot of money this year.

gosox41
07-31-2005, 08:29 AM

Well he's lousy defenseively and it's killing the Sox.

Bob